“Pictures and description are very misleading” 2 of 5 stars

Billings Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1223 Mullowney Lane, Billings, MT 59101   |
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Billings
Belt, Montana, United States
“Pictures and description are very misleading”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

By reading about this hotel you would think it is modern and up to date. Not even close. Building is old and ugly. Decor ir very dated and dusty. No elevator at all. They have lousy wifi that cuts out repeatedly. They actually make people pay extra to use their water slide at the pool. It's not even a fancy water slide. I went to the outside courtyard one morning and tripped over beer bottles all over the grass. We got no room service on a 2 night stay. The beds are not comfortable and the only thing the towels are good for is exfoliating your skin because they are so thin and rough. The shower changed temperature on almost a cycle scalding me repeatedly. For over 100 per night I expect a little more than this. This hotel should be no more than 50 per night to reflect its actual value and I still wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Trish,
I am very sorry you were not pleased with your stay at our property. Our building is not new by any means but we are constantly upgrading the hotel. We feel we have clean, modern rooms, a newly decorated lobby and public areas and a clean and safe environment. Yes, there may have been beer bottles on the grass early in the morning, but our grounds crew cleans everything as soon as they arrive. We unfortunately can not control the guests who elect not to use our trash receptacles we have throughout the property.
I am sorry our property has no elevator. When it was built, buildings with only 2 floors did not require an elevator. We do have staff available 24 hours a day to assist with luggage if needed.
We do charge a nominal fee for our 2 watersides of which 1 is well over 100 foot long. Our competition charges a fee of over $15.00 to use theirs. We also have daily room service available. I am not sure what the problem could have been then. We were totally staffed the weekend you were here. We had many, many room service orders during that time and none were missed to my knowledge.
Again, I am sorry you felt you had such a bad experience. We are continually doing changes to make our guests experience a pleasant and enjoyable one. I wish you would have came to the front desk and asked to speak to myself or another member of the management team. We would have tried to have made things right for you. I do wish you would consider staying with us again in the future so we can show you we are better than you think.

Ron Spence GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Staff is very rude. I stayed one night there and by the time I got the right room I had Payed for a total of two rooms and was hung up on by the hotel manager when inquiring about refunding my original room. Never again!!!

• Stayed February 2015
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear mars1972

I am sorry you had an issue with your billing. I can assure you that you never spoke to me regarding this matter.
If there is a valid issue with your room charge, please feel free to contact me and we will work to resolve the matter.

Glasgow, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had an unexpected layover in Billings and since I have stayed at this hotel before I decided to return. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in a good area with restaurants and shopping nearby (definitely check out Scheels Sporting Goods). My only complaint would have been when trying to leave at 5am to catch my flight out, snow had drifted in against the doors and they were frozen shut. I finally found a door that I was able to force open just enough to squeeze out with my bags, walked all the way around the outside of the hotel back to my car. I told the guy at the front desk about it and his reply was that "it happens and the maintenance staff would be coming on duty soon and would clear every thing out". That's great and all but if there was a fire it could have been a problem.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lucas

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry about the issues with the snow buildup around the doorways. We are making changes here that will alleviate this problem in the future.
I am glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that the location of the hotel suited your needs. I do hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Billings.
Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wasn't expecting such a nice room for the price I paid. (Although this was during the winter season) Bedding and furniture are nice and new. Exceptionally clean! I'm always cold, but the heater in the room got it as toasty as I wanted. WiFi worked well. The breakfast buffet was a little sparse and does not come with the room. I can't speak much for the hotel's other amenities as there are renovations in progress but I'd stay again based on my room alone.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dear Carly

Thank you for the kind words in your review. I am glad you had a great stay at our hotel. We are in the final stages of the renovation in our public areas. We hope to have everything completed in the coming weeks. Please consider staying with us again on your next trip to Billings and see everything we have done. Thank you again.

Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

We held a seminar at the Billings Hotel & Convention Center. The staff was very accommodating and kind to work with.The contract for the event was easy to use and straight forward. No hidden fees. The rooms were clean, set up exactly how we requested and they kept the water and coffee full at all times. Also -the food was excellent. Thanks for helping to make our event successful!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Heidi

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with your seminar here at our hotel. We do strive to make every meeting a success for all in attendance.
Since your meeting, we have undergone a major renovation in all of our lobby and guestroom public areas. I am sure you would be pleased with the outcome.
We hope you will consider you for the next meeting your group has here in Billings.

Miles City, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

Again we stay at Billings Hotel and enjoy free parking and a ride to and from the airport. Fresh painting is being completed in the hallways and front desk area. The hotel has upgraded the desks and chairs in the rooms we stayed in this trip.

• Stayed February 2015
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Gary

I really appreciate the time you took to write about our hotel. I am very glad you returned to stay with us and saw some of the new things we have done around the hotel.
We have just re-modeled the lobby and are in the process of removing all the old hallway wall coverings throughout the hotel, thus giving us a fresh new look in these areas.
With the ongoing updates we do in the rooms, we feel we can give our guests a clean, fresh and efficient place to stay while away from home.
We look forward to having you stay on your next trip to Billings,

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel once a year for the past 5 or 6 years.

This is a quality hotel and a great value. The rooms are good sized and comfortable. They also have a microwave and fridge in a nice cabinet in them. The beds are comfortable and they provide good Internet service as well as flat screen TVs.

If you stay on Friday nights they have a first class comedy show in the hotel bar.

The only thing I will note is that the pool is really for kids only. So if you're a business person that does laps or uses the pool for exercise I'd suggest the YMCA. On the other hand if your have kids and want to tKe them some place fun, this would be the place!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Bobbi G, Front Office Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you choose our hotel each time you visit Billings. We strive to provide our guests with a clean comfortable place with customer service that exceeds their expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Been to Billings Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!