“I'm not picky, but this left to be desired.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Billings Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Billings Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1223 Mullowney Lane, Billings, MT 59101   |
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Billings
“I'm not picky, but this left to be desired.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

State booked us, my husband was attending school December-January. It was a roof that we didnt have to pay for, but...Walls are thin, my husband and I heard EVERYTHING our neighbors did. Pool is cold and greenish. Hot tub was astonishing -- algae was growing in tub grooves, water was green and foam stood on top of the water. Housekeeping ignored my room, yet entered when I had a do not disturb sign up. They remade dirty beds, I had to make a special call to get new towels and bath tissue. Layout is completely ridiculous. Unless you want to walk 5 miles inside, you have to walk outside to get to the lobby from the second floor. Water pressure for ice water was excellent. Hot water....not so much. Staff, however, was always pleasant and willing when asked. Overall, we were not pleased with our stay here at all. Too outdated, and they just need to step up their game on cleaning.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

This Hotel Is completely outdated with beds that sink in the middle and if you read reviews on other websites many complaints of bed bugs. Walls are paper thin, we could hear people on the side of us clearly. Ceiling looks like its about to collapse. Loud hallways, long walks to pool and front desk.

For me the icing on the cake was they have a pool with nice water slides, but even as a guest I Had to pay Money for my kids to use them. Really you cant just include it the price which by the way was only $3. My kids could not go on the water slides until we paid. What hotel does this.

This hotel is not worth the "DEAL" you book it for there is way more choice out there that have much better hotels for same price, much better. All I can say and have learned myself is I will read reviews alot more clearly from now on. I found it funny that thier own direct website didnt even have a place for a review.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Jefferey,
I am sorry you had a bad experience while a guest of our hotel. All of our beds have been replaced withing the past year. Unfortunately, at times the center brace will get knocked out of alignment, thus giving the effect of a "sinking bed". Had you called the front desk, we would have been glad to address the problem or move you to another room. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
We had 1 incident involving bed bugs in the past and it was addressed immediately by a certified pest control company. Unfortunately, hotels can not control this from happening, as the insects are brought in by other guests,
We do charge for the use of our water slides, as do all the other hotels in town with water slides. Our fee is considerably less then the other property with multiple slides.
Again, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would ask that if you would considering staying here again, to please contact me and reference this review and I will make sure your next stay is more pleasant.
Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Shower head was old and functioned poorly, terrible spray. Limited cable stations. Small restaurant, food was okay.

Front desk personnel robot like, no smiles cared more about their co-workers, Good bar and bartender was very nice and had a good customer service attitude.

WiFi did not work properly and I was to tired to deal with staff. Signal was weak and fluctuated.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Bobbi G, Front Office Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for leaving us the review on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize for the way you were treated at the front desk. Our guests are our first priority, after speaking with all of the front desk clerks on customer service and how important it is, I am reassured that this type of behavior has been corrected and will not happen again. Thank you for bringing the issues you had to our attention so that we have the opportunity to fix them. We take all of our guest concerns seriously and correct what needs to be corrected. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Billings.
Kaneohe, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I recently stayed at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center this past week. They were prompt in picking me up from the airport as my flight got it late. The Stony Brook cafe started both of my days off well with a warm breakfast and hot coffee. Each night I was able to use the hot tub to soak for 20 minutes.

All in all, I had a great time. I recommend staying here if you are coming through Billings area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RLS7777, Guest Relations Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2014
James M,

Thank you for taking the time to say the kind words about your stay at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center. I will be sure to pass your word along to the staff.
We hope to have you stay with us on your next trip to Billings.

Autumn Spence Guest Relations Manager
Marion, Montana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Their website is misleading. They say they have updated all of the rooms, but what they really did was re-tile the shower area and put in a lower ceiling. The beds looked nice, but were very uncomfortable. You would roll to the middle due to the lack of support. We asked for a pack and play which was dirty and did not come with any linens. The slides at the pool were very fun for my daughter. But you do have to pay an additional $3 a day for a wristband. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: There is NO elevator. So if you are in a wheelchair or have a stroller, request a room on the first...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Dear Katie,
I am sorry you felt our rooms were not remodeled. We did in fact re-tile all the bathrooms but instead of lowering the ceilings, we raised them from how they had been. All of our rooms have new drapery, bedding, microwave/refrigerators, lighting and king rooms have new work desks with office style executive chairs. We have also added more channels to our television lineup and HD TV on the channels that have it available.
Also, all of our beds are new in the past year. If you would care to contact me and inform me of the room you were in I would check the condition of the bed and get back to you.
I do appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and hope that you will get in touch with me regarding the bed issue.
Thank you again.
BROCKWAY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I contacted this hotel previous to my stay to be certain they would be able to accommodate my family -- I needed 2 rollaway beds in addition to the 2 queens. When I arrived I got the excuse that the person who told me I could have 2 rollaways was new & I would only be able to have 1 rollaway. I said fine. I stayed 1 night by myself and then when my husband and children arrived I was told by housekeeping to call the front desk again & request a rollaway- which I did. I came back from shopping - still no rollaway. I requested again. We all went swimming and when we came back to the room - still no rollaway. So I called the front desk again and was told there weren't any available. They offered to bring extra blankets so we could sleep on the floor, which I said was completely unacceptable - YUCK! I requested to Autumn (who was the manager on duty -not?) that they provide an additional room free of charge because of their ignorance & incompetence which of course she would not do because they "were almost full". Well the parking lot was like empty! So in my opinion they don't have any desire to take care of their customers that are there and paid up- which is all they apparently care about - getting people to stay there and then doing nothing to take care of what they promised previously. Speaking of the room -- paper thin walls. I was woke by the person next door having a coughing fit at 5 a.m. He might just as well have been in my room! Not overly clean. Won't return.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere for a good room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Sara,
I am sorry you were upset with the outcome of your stay. You were told that roll-away beds were available based on availability. I am sorry about the confusion about getting 2 bed in the rooms. I did ask the people involved and they did not recall promising you 2 beds. Our policy, based on fire department occupancy regulations is no more than 5 persons in a room with 2 queen beds. There is room for only 1 roll-away bed in these rooms.
When you checked in you said you only needed 1 bed and not until the next night. We did not have any beds release the next day, thus we had none to give you. We were 100% occupied due to the very group that you were here with at the hotel.
I assure you had we had a roll-away available we would have gotten it for you. But again, as it was stated to you, they are based on first come-first served basis.
Again, I am sorry for the confusion and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Ennis, Montana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Just attended a meeting at BHCC. They need to consider tearing it down and starting over. The rooms need some major upgrades. Getting from the sleeping rooms to the meeting rooms was a long hike. Our group has several older ladies who cannot walk that far so it was really inconvenient for them. Even the so-called "close" rooms still require a lot of walking. They are presently woefully understaffed as our room was not refreshed until after 5:45 in the afternoon when we asked to have our trash removed and fresh towels. You can tell the wait staff is overworked because they were doing everything.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2014
Vurnie B
I am sorry you had to walk so far to your room here. We are a large hotel with 235 rooms. Unfortunately some of the rooms in the further hallway do require a few minute walk to the lobby.
When we do have a large convention as we did during your stay we try hard to get all rooms cleaned as early as possible. Some guests are late departing or have Do Not Disturb signs on their doors which delays us getting things done in a timely manner.
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences we may have caused.
Ron Spence GM

Been to Billings Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!