“Robot like front desk folk” 3 of 5 stars

You added Billings Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
Billings Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1223 Mullowney Lane, Billings, MT 59101   |
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Billings
“Robot like front desk folk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Shower head was old and functioned poorly, terrible spray. Limited cable stations. Small restaurant, food was okay.

Front desk personnel robot like, no smiles cared more about their co-workers, Good bar and bartender was very nice and had a good customer service attitude.

WiFi did not work properly and I was to tired to deal with staff. Signal was weak and fluctuated.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kaneohe, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I recently stayed at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center this past week. They were prompt in picking me up from the airport as my flight got it late. The Stony Brook cafe started both of my days off well with a warm breakfast and hot coffee. Each night I was able to use the hot tub to soak for 20 minutes.

All in all, I had a great time. I recommend staying here if you are coming through Billings area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RLS7777, Guest Relations Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
James M,

Thank you for taking the time to say the kind words about your stay at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center. I will be sure to pass your word along to the staff.
We hope to have you stay with us on your next trip to Billings.

Autumn Spence Guest Relations Manager
Marion, Montana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Their website is misleading. They say they have updated all of the rooms, but what they really did was re-tile the shower area and put in a lower ceiling. The beds looked nice, but were very uncomfortable. You would roll to the middle due to the lack of support. We asked for a pack and play which was dirty and did not come with any linens. The slides at the pool were very fun for my daughter. But you do have to pay an additional $3 a day for a wristband. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: There is NO elevator. So if you are in a wheelchair or have a stroller, request a room on the first...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Dear Katie,
I am sorry you felt our rooms were not remodeled. We did in fact re-tile all the bathrooms but instead of lowering the ceilings, we raised them from how they had been. All of our rooms have new drapery, bedding, microwave/refrigerators, lighting and king rooms have new work desks with office style executive chairs. We have also added more channels to our television lineup and HD TV on the channels that have it available.
Also, all of our beds are new in the past year. If you would care to contact me and inform me of the room you were in I would check the condition of the bed and get back to you.
I do appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and hope that you will get in touch with me regarding the bed issue.
Thank you again.
BROCKWAY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I contacted this hotel previous to my stay to be certain they would be able to accommodate my family -- I needed 2 rollaway beds in addition to the 2 queens. When I arrived I got the excuse that the person who told me I could have 2 rollaways was new & I would only be able to have 1 rollaway. I said fine. I stayed 1 night by myself and then when my husband and children arrived I was told by housekeeping to call the front desk again & request a rollaway- which I did. I came back from shopping - still no rollaway. I requested again. We all went swimming and when we came back to the room - still no rollaway. So I called the front desk again and was told there weren't any available. They offered to bring extra blankets so we could sleep on the floor, which I said was completely unacceptable - YUCK! I requested to Autumn (who was the manager on duty -not?) that they provide an additional room free of charge because of their ignorance & incompetence which of course she would not do because they "were almost full". Well the parking lot was like empty! So in my opinion they don't have any desire to take care of their customers that are there and paid up- which is all they apparently care about - getting people to stay there and then doing nothing to take care of what they promised previously. Speaking of the room -- paper thin walls. I was woke by the person next door having a coughing fit at 5 a.m. He might just as well have been in my room! Not overly clean. Won't return.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere for a good room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Sara,
I am sorry you were upset with the outcome of your stay. You were told that roll-away beds were available based on availability. I am sorry about the confusion about getting 2 bed in the rooms. I did ask the people involved and they did not recall promising you 2 beds. Our policy, based on fire department occupancy regulations is no more than 5 persons in a room with 2 queen beds. There is room for only 1 roll-away bed in these rooms.
When you checked in you said you only needed 1 bed and not until the next night. We did not have any beds release the next day, thus we had none to give you. We were 100% occupied due to the very group that you were here with at the hotel.
I assure you had we had a roll-away available we would have gotten it for you. But again, as it was stated to you, they are based on first come-first served basis.
Again, I am sorry for the confusion and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Ennis, Montana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Just attended a meeting at BHCC. They need to consider tearing it down and starting over. The rooms need some major upgrades. Getting from the sleeping rooms to the meeting rooms was a long hike. Our group has several older ladies who cannot walk that far so it was really inconvenient for them. Even the so-called "close" rooms still require a lot of walking. They are presently woefully understaffed as our room was not refreshed until after 5:45 in the afternoon when we asked to have our trash removed and fresh towels. You can tell the wait staff is overworked because they were doing everything.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Vurnie B
I am sorry you had to walk so far to your room here. We are a large hotel with 235 rooms. Unfortunately some of the rooms in the further hallway do require a few minute walk to the lobby.
When we do have a large convention as we did during your stay we try hard to get all rooms cleaned as early as possible. Some guests are late departing or have Do Not Disturb signs on their doors which delays us getting things done in a timely manner.
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences we may have caused.
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Don't believe everything you see on their website. This hotel is clean but old and small. Casino is about 10 machines in a tiny room off the bar. The bar& it's employees are the only redeeming factor of this hotel. Bar back was friendly and very knowledgeable about Billings and things to do. Wonderful fire to sit by and local craft beer on tap.
Front desk female staff were uncaring and rude . I had to replace my room key several times and change room because key lock didn't work and they didn't seem to care.
Beds were very comfortable and location is close to freeway With easy on/off access to all of Billings.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Capac, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

On our driving trip home from Seattle to southeast Michigan, we stopped to get coupon books from rest areas. We found this property listed. This place is huge! The room was nice, lots on the lower level. The restaurant was good;since it was a slow night, we got lots of attention from a staff person who we assume was the chef. Very pleasant gentleman. While we were there a huge Special Olympics group was also there. Their chaperons were super folks, and the athletes well behaved. The next morning was busy with this big group, but the staff was VERY pleasant while hustling their butts off!
Very impressive huge lobby decorated in Western theme.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Billings Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!