“No thanks” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Billings
Marion, Montana, United States
“No thanks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Their website is misleading. They say they have updated all of the rooms, but what they really did was re-tile the shower area and put in a lower ceiling. The beds looked nice, but were very uncomfortable. You would roll to the middle due to the lack of support. We asked for a pack and play which was dirty and did not come with any linens. The slides at the pool were very fun for my daughter. But you do have to pay an additional $3 a day for a wristband. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: There is NO elevator. So if you are in a wheelchair or have a stroller, request a room on the first...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
BROCKWAY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I contacted this hotel previous to my stay to be certain they would be able to accommodate my family -- I needed 2 rollaway beds in addition to the 2 queens. When I arrived I got the excuse that the person who told me I could have 2 rollaways was new & I would only be able to have 1 rollaway. I said fine. I stayed 1 night by myself and then when my husband and children arrived I was told by housekeeping to call the front desk again & request a rollaway- which I did. I came back from shopping - still no rollaway. I requested again. We all went swimming and when we came back to the room - still no rollaway. So I called the front desk again and was told there weren't any available. They offered to bring extra blankets so we could sleep on the floor, which I said was completely unacceptable - YUCK! I requested to Autumn (who was the manager on duty -not?) that they provide an additional room free of charge because of their ignorance & incompetence which of course she would not do because they "were almost full". Well the parking lot was like empty! So in my opinion they don't have any desire to take care of their customers that are there and paid up- which is all they apparently care about - getting people to stay there and then doing nothing to take care of what they promised previously. Speaking of the room -- paper thin walls. I was woke by the person next door having a coughing fit at 5 a.m. He might just as well have been in my room! Not overly clean. Won't return.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere for a good room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Sara,
I am sorry you were upset with the outcome of your stay. You were told that roll-away beds were available based on availability. I am sorry about the confusion about getting 2 bed in the rooms. I did ask the people involved and they did not recall promising you 2 beds. Our policy, based on fire department occupancy regulations is no more than 5 persons in a room with 2 queen beds. There is room for only 1 roll-away bed in these rooms.
When you checked in you said you only needed 1 bed and not until the next night. We did not have any beds release the next day, thus we had none to give you. We were 100% occupied due to the very group that you were here with at the hotel.
I assure you had we had a roll-away available we would have gotten it for you. But again, as it was stated to you, they are based on first come-first served basis.
Again, I am sorry for the confusion and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Ron Spence GM
Ennis, Montana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just attended a meeting at BHCC. They need to consider tearing it down and starting over. The rooms need some major upgrades. Getting from the sleeping rooms to the meeting rooms was a long hike. Our group has several older ladies who cannot walk that far so it was really inconvenient for them. Even the so-called "close" rooms still require a lot of walking. They are presently woefully understaffed as our room was not refreshed until after 5:45 in the afternoon when we asked to have our trash removed and fresh towels. You can tell the wait staff is overworked because they were doing everything.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't believe everything you see on their website. This hotel is clean but old and small. Casino is about 10 machines in a tiny room off the bar. The bar& it's employees are the only redeeming factor of this hotel. Bar back was friendly and very knowledgeable about Billings and things to do. Wonderful fire to sit by and local craft beer on tap.
Front desk female staff were uncaring and rude . I had to replace my room key several times and change room because key lock didn't work and they didn't seem to care.
Beds were very comfortable and location is close to freeway With easy on/off access to all of Billings.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Capac, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On our driving trip home from Seattle to southeast Michigan, we stopped to get coupon books from rest areas. We found this property listed. This place is huge! The room was nice, lots on the lower level. The restaurant was good;since it was a slow night, we got lots of attention from a staff person who we assume was the chef. Very pleasant gentleman. While we were there a huge Special Olympics group was also there. Their chaperons were super folks, and the athletes well behaved. The next morning was busy with this big group, but the staff was VERY pleasant while hustling their butts off!
Very impressive huge lobby decorated in Western theme.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am prompted to write this review after numerous attempts to rectify the situation with a manager who has been "unavailable" for the past two weeks. Here's what I say: Run - don't walk away from this place! I have stayed in many hotels over the past three years in my business travels, and never, ever have I had such a mortifying experience. After a long drive to get there, we checked in late, exhausted and ready to go to bed. Only one problem - when we pulled back the sheets, there was a huge dried, crusty sperm stain. It was clear that the sheets had not been changed, and it was HORRIBLE! We called the front desk to ask for an immediate change of the bed, and were told there was no housekeeping. So...in the middle of the night we tromped down the hallway in our PJ's, schlepping our luggage behind to a new room. Almost worse than the actual experience is the fact that to date, no one from this hotel has ever apologized or shown any sense of regret for this unsanitary and disgusting situation. The only response we got was an unacceptable excuse from the representative who moved us to the new room, saying that they had recently lost all of their cleaning staff and that this was a "training issue" with their new people. REALLY??? Expedia has been great in trying to intervene in our behalf, but to date, the hotel manager has failed to respond after numerous attempts. Billings has much better to offer, I promise.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Sin City, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

Work booked this as an overnight stop on my way back home, and 1st impression upon driving in was: "eek!"
The building looks old and dated from the street, and the lobby area pretty much the same.

The front desk service was great, the clerk was super professional, friendly and helpful.

My room, a double, was huge. Again the furniture looked dated, but the beds seemed OK and were actually quite comfortable. The room did have a microwave, fridge and nice TV. Hotel WiFi worked great and seemed faster than other places I have stayed at this week.
The walls are thin, a baby across the hall was heard in my room all too well, as was the train at 1am that blew its horn about a dozen times.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, opted for cracker barrel across the street, but the "lounge" did have a few local craft beers in tap that were real good.

Overall, my stay was pretty good, I had a good nights sleep, (except for the train), my bed was comfy, the wifi was almost amazing, and the price was great.

I would at least consider staying here again if in the area.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Billings Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!