“Not Very Impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 48 hotels in Billings
Montana
“Not Very Impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel seemed clean and there were signs around asking a pardon for current renovations, so I was willing to overlook certain things. The gals at the front desk were helpful, courteous, and seemed genuinely happy to help. However, the matresses were broken down and in DIRE need of being turned. The pillows were in similar condition and didn't really even serve their purpose.

While I appreciate a clean hotel and friendly staff, it seems like the Billings Hotel is trying to keep up with newer area hotels in price alone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was at this hotel for 7 nights as part of a convention of about 800 women who were staying here and at Holiday Inn beside this hotel. I think that the biggest issue was that this hotel has 2 floors with no elevator. I came in a couple of days ahead of the convention start, so I had first floor room, but many who arrived a day or two later who have mobility issues were stuck with . 2nd floor rooms and that was an issue for them. Our room was clean and some updates have been made, but they need to have grab bars in the bathrooms. Also, what they did not tell us was that you needed to have the light switches on that are just inside the door if you wanted power from the electrical outlets. It took me a couple of days to discover they were associated. They did have refrigerators and microwaves in each room, which the Holiday Inn did not have, and since I was there for a week, having a refrigerator was important for me. The beds were comfortable with nice bedding. There is a small restaurant just off the lobby area and another full service restaurant on the premises as well. The staff of the hotel was somewhat overwhelmed by the number of us staying there and were easily confused, and some new employees were brought in the week that we were there. We hit the dining room and restaurant in big waves, but tried their best to seat us and get us our meals as quickly as they could. Jason in the dining area did a great job of maintaining his humor with us in spite of having to really hustle at meal times. There are 2 water slides and it looks a little dingy, due simply to the fact that it's low ceiling room with very little natural light. There's also the swimming pool and hot tub. Was too busy to check those out, but those who were in it were having fun. It's not the greatest place to stay, but not too bad either.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, be sure to ask for 1st floor room.
Richmond, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came to Billings with my wife for a convention of around 6-800 women. That is another whole story. The lobby and public areas are fantastic. The room we were in seemed a little "old" in that there were no readily electrical outlets that worked. The two sets of outlets in the bathroom and just outside the bathroom would shut off after a little while of use in charging our phones and had to be reset. If you didn't keep an eye on them, you wouldn't be charging. I showed this to a housekeeping supervisor and was told that all I had to do was press reset.

The most expeditious route from our first floor room to the lobby was down the hall, through the exercise area, outside to the central garden, inside through the pool and Jacuzzi area and into the lobby.

The pool had a pair of water slides available for $3/day/person. And, there were ducks in a pond in the central garden area who had no fear whatsoever of humans. While we were there 8-9 eggs hatched and we got to see the babies follow their mother all around the area.

The staff was courteous and friendly. The one breakfast we ate there left something to be desired.

The parking was fantastic. The entire hotel is surrounded by parking lot.

Overall though, we enjoyed our six night stay and would probably book again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to a parking lot entrance and on the first floor because there is not eleva...
Ramrod Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Older hotel that has had some updating. Beds were very comfortable, and room and bath were clean. Looks like they are trying to keep up with surrounding newer hotels. Quiet room near the stairs. We left early so did not have a chance to try restaurant.

Stayed July 2014
Watertown, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I come to billings every year on the week of the 4th of July, for the last 5 years I've stayed here, through the years ive seen the remodel, and the place is just great. this year was no different, received great service when checking in, nice room, all around great experience. cant wait for next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
MIke,
Its always nice to hear from a returning guest. I do hope you enjoyed the renovations we have done since your last stay with us. We are always trying to upgrade the hotel as time allows. We hope you will be back next summer and see what new things we have done. Thanks again.
calgary canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed 2 nites in July at a Convention. On arrival they had somehow put my reservation under my sons name. I had the confirmation number on a hard copy and the desk clerk was able to sort the matter out.
The property is being /has been renovated and \I was pleased with my room. Good a/c and a clean room and good bed. The linens and towels are new and quite nice.
The pool is indoors and good. The building is huge and you can park outside near your room section. The check in person gave me a map and explained the layout.
There is an on site bar and restaurant but note the hours are limited so check ahead for hours of service. I would stay there again if in Billings.

Unclebuck
It was a pleasure having your group here with us in July. I thank you for the gracious words about your stay. I will be sure to pass them along to all the staff. We hope you will stay with us again here in Billings on your next trip to the states.
Thanks again and safe riding.
Sauk City, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for two nights as part of a convention, and were happy with both the size of our rooms and the cleanliness. The place is big, so it took a while to figure out how to get from one place to another.
We used the courtyard for one of our events and the area was mowed and very nice to sit and enjoy the evening in. The next evening we were indoors, and the rooms were appropriately sized for our event..
We had a catered meal that was wonderful the last evening we were there. The food was delicious, as were the desserts.
The only negative I have for this is that the wifi was a bit sketchy....we were in the back area of the hotel, so sometimes we could not access the internet.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, ask about a room that will allow you good access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sandy,
Thank you for time in writing a review of your stay at our hotel. We really enjoyed your group. I do hope we will have an opportunity to host the H.O.G event the next time it comes to Billings. I am sorry you had sketchy internet service in your area of the hotel. We are working on correcting this issue as we speak here.
I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the entire staff. Thanks again and safe riding.
Ron Spence GM

Been to Billings Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!