“Unusual Layout” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 47 hotels in Billings
Richmond, KY
“Unusual Layout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Came to Billings with my wife for a convention of around 6-800 women. That is another whole story. The lobby and public areas are fantastic. The room we were in seemed a little "old" in that there were no readily electrical outlets that worked. The two sets of outlets in the bathroom and just outside the bathroom would shut off after a little while of use in charging our phones and had to be reset. If you didn't keep an eye on them, you wouldn't be charging. I showed this to a housekeeping supervisor and was told that all I had to do was press reset.

The most expeditious route from our first floor room to the lobby was down the hall, through the exercise area, outside to the central garden, inside through the pool and Jacuzzi area and into the lobby.

The pool had a pair of water slides available for $3/day/person. And, there were ducks in a pond in the central garden area who had no fear whatsoever of humans. While we were there 8-9 eggs hatched and we got to see the babies follow their mother all around the area.

The staff was courteous and friendly. The one breakfast we ate there left something to be desired.

The parking was fantastic. The entire hotel is surrounded by parking lot.

Overall though, we enjoyed our six night stay and would probably book again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to a parking lot entrance and on the first floor because there is not eleva...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ramrod Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Older hotel that has had some updating. Beds were very comfortable, and room and bath were clean. Looks like they are trying to keep up with surrounding newer hotels. Quiet room near the stairs. We left early so did not have a chance to try restaurant.

Stayed July 2014
Watertown, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I come to billings every year on the week of the 4th of July, for the last 5 years I've stayed here, through the years ive seen the remodel, and the place is just great. this year was no different, received great service when checking in, nice room, all around great experience. cant wait for next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
MIke,
Its always nice to hear from a returning guest. I do hope you enjoyed the renovations we have done since your last stay with us. We are always trying to upgrade the hotel as time allows. We hope you will be back next summer and see what new things we have done. Thanks again.
calgary canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed 2 nites in July at a Convention. On arrival they had somehow put my reservation under my sons name. I had the confirmation number on a hard copy and the desk clerk was able to sort the matter out.
The property is being /has been renovated and \I was pleased with my room. Good a/c and a clean room and good bed. The linens and towels are new and quite nice.
The pool is indoors and good. The building is huge and you can park outside near your room section. The check in person gave me a map and explained the layout.
There is an on site bar and restaurant but note the hours are limited so check ahead for hours of service. I would stay there again if in Billings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Unclebuck
It was a pleasure having your group here with us in July. I thank you for the gracious words about your stay. I will be sure to pass them along to all the staff. We hope you will stay with us again here in Billings on your next trip to the states.
Thanks again and safe riding.
Sauk City, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for two nights as part of a convention, and were happy with both the size of our rooms and the cleanliness. The place is big, so it took a while to figure out how to get from one place to another.
We used the courtyard for one of our events and the area was mowed and very nice to sit and enjoy the evening in. The next evening we were indoors, and the rooms were appropriately sized for our event..
We had a catered meal that was wonderful the last evening we were there. The food was delicious, as were the desserts.
The only negative I have for this is that the wifi was a bit sketchy....we were in the back area of the hotel, so sometimes we could not access the internet.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, ask about a room that will allow you good access.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sandy,
Thank you for time in writing a review of your stay at our hotel. We really enjoyed your group. I do hope we will have an opportunity to host the H.O.G event the next time it comes to Billings. I am sorry you had sketchy internet service in your area of the hotel. We are working on correcting this issue as we speak here.
I will be sure to pass your kind words along to the entire staff. Thanks again and safe riding.
Alliance
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had trouble finding a room so this was the last place near by. The outside looks nice and the lobby looks like a million buck. Signs on interstate say remodeled. Room was clean and bed was fine. The room over all was ok but you could tell where they had just repainted over the old door and some of the other stuff. Door key took several times to get it work but it did work. They have a restaurant no free breakfast $6.00 special for guests. Don't know what it entailed as we ate later down the road. Pool looked nice with big water slide but costs i think it was $3.00 to use the slide. I think at $134.00 you could find a better place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.I am very sorry you had issues with your key. I have had my maintenance staff go through all of our locks and do a thorough cleaning. All 231 rooms have been remodeled with new tile bathrooms, new bedding, curtains, microwaves and refrigerators. Beings we are a full service hotel, we have a restaurant, lounge and casino.
I am sorry we do not have a free breakfast, as most full service hotels do not offer that amenity. Are menu is competitively priced. Our $6.00 breakfast special usually consists of beverage, a breakfast meat, eggs, potatoes or a breakfast burrito.
We do charge for our 2 amusement style water slides, but our cost is a fraction of what other hotels in our state charge. I am glad you found our rooms to be clean and our beds comfortable. With that in mind, I do hope you would consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place looks nice in the pictures. Upon arrival I was disappointed that when I reserved my room there was never a mention of a pet fee, but when I checked in, they had to charge me an extra $25 on top of room fee. I told them I felt that should have been mentioned when I reserved the room. They lady who helped me said the manager wasn't available to discuss it with me and basically shrugged me off. I paid the extra fee. Then, my children and I headed to the pool. The slides were ok, stained, but the pool seemed clean enough. The hot tub is tiny and looks to be only a few feet deep. The maintenance workers asked everyone to exit the pool at 10pm and when we got out there were no towels left. I asked them if they could get some more towels and they said no, they are all gone. There were several families standing around soaking wet with no way to dry themselves. (There is a sign in the hotel room that says do not take towels from room, they are available at the pool). I told them we would stay in the pool until they were able to provide us with towels. The pool room was in a seperate building than our room so we would have to walk outside in order to get to our room. It was about 60 degrees and I didn't want my children walking in the cold, soaking wet. One of the maintenance men proceeded to tell us we couldn't stay in the pool, I told him we would kindly get out when there were towels available. He then told me he is going to dump a lot of chlorine in there with us and we would be burned. The other maintenance man brought us a few towels, which we shared with some other guests, and there were not enough to go around. We got out of the pool and I immediately called for the GM when we got back to our room. He apologized for the maintenance man's behavior and said he would remove the $25 pet fee. I thought that was a decent gesture, even though I thought it shouldn't have been charged in the first place. I don't think it was enough to make up for being threatened with chlorine burns by the maintenance man. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was old and not remodeled. Ask for remodeled room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RLS7777, General Manager at Billings Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Rebecca,
I am sorry there was confusion with your pet fee. All of our staff is trained to inform a guest who requests a pet room of our pet fee. When a pet room is requested, it comes right up on the screen in large letter to remind them.
Our hot tub is a standard 3.5 foot deep tub. We have then same size as the majority of hotels in our market. It is meant to have 8 adults in it at any given time. Its not a meant to be a swimming pool. Sorry you felt it was not deep enough.
The pool are is connected to the hotel. You chose to take a shortcut that does go out side in our courtyard. Had you followed the signs in the hallways, you would have been taken to the pool in the main hallway and remained inside the entire time.
We do offer towels at the pool. Unfortunately, some guests feel they need 3-4 towels to wrap them selves in and they deplete our supply in short order.
I am sorry our staff were not polite in how they addressed the closing with you. Our pool does close at 10:00PM so we can properly treat it with the necessary chemicals and have it open again at 8:00AM. It takes 8-10 hours for the chemicals and filter system to completely clean the system I have spoken to them about this. No excise for rudeness and for that I am truly sorry.
Again, I am sorry you have an unpleasant stay. With this being said, I can only hope you would give us another chance on your next trip to Billings to show you we can provide you with a safe and pleasant stay.
Ron Spence GM

Been to Billings Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!