“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 46 hotels in Billings
Denver, Colorado
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I go to Billings for business and always stay at the Clocktower. The owner has done a tremendous job of remodeling the property to a 4 star hotel. The staff is extremely service oriented and friendly. The rooms are always immaculate and spotless. In 6 years of staying at the Clocktower i have always been impressed with the staff. The pool area is so lovely in the spring and summer with flowers everywhere and makes you feel like your are not in the city but a country setting. I have on occasions tried other hotels in the area but always come back to the Clocktower. There is a restaurant on the property named Stella's Kitchen great food. Also you are right in the center of the nightlife.

Room Tip: Stay out by the pool in the spring and summer very relaxing and pleasant.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Travelling10_13,
It is great to hear after so many years you are still choosing to stay with us. We are always striving to improve our property, and hopefully by your next stay we will have more rooms remodeled, a new pool, and new RFID locks on all the rooms. Once again thank you for your continued loyalty.

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Room: 2 full beds that are uncomfortable as heck and way too small. The bathroom is also tiny. It isn't all bad... the rooms have been updated, but I would rather have a comfortable, adequately sized bed and a bathroom I can turn around in (I am a 5'7", 170lb male). All other furnishings are negotiable. Walls are also paper thin, which leads into the next category...

Bar District: Billings is revitalizing its downtown area and that means bringing in a nightlife. These bars close at 2am. If you want to go out drinking all night, this may be a good choice for a hotel. If you want some sleep, however, I can't stress enough... DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neighbors stumbled around the complex LOUDLY at 2am both nights. You can hear everything in the other rooms. My kids were with us for a wrestling tournament (11 & 12 year olds) and we had to hear all about their bar experience in all the colorful language you could imagine. Oh yeah, there was also a barking ankle-biter dog about 5 rooms away that sounded like it was in the room with us. Both nights the noise lasted from 2am until almost 9am. There is no end to the noise here echoing around the parking area. That leads to the third category...

Parking: This hotel is a motor inn, which means every room opens to the parking area. There is a very SMALL parking area and some rooms are even on stilts built over the parking lot. It is a bit inconvenient parking a large vehicle here and not worrying about someone else running into your vehicle (ours is a suburban, good luck with an HD size pickup turning radius).

This hotel is uncomfortable and VERY noisy. You will not sleep well here. Do not recommend this hotel unless it is the only thing you can get... scratch that, sleep in your car if you can't find another hotel. I got this room off of Travelocity as a 3 star rated "mystery deal" so be careful. Like I mentioned above, this place has been updated so it looks nice in pictures. DO NOT STAY HERE! This place is a polished turd. Looks decent until you pull into the parking lot. A polished turd is still a turd, no matter how you package it. please be careful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Silverhod07,
I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay as that is never our intent. I apologize you did not enjoy your double bedded room with the pillow top mattress as our main goal is a good night’s rest for you and your family. We do offer many different rooms sizes and bed types at different price points to choose from when booking the hotel directly or through other sources where you can see the room type and amenities prior to booking providing more pricing options for our guests ranging from double doubles to our family suite which is spacious and located above the parking garage and enclosed eliminating any late night noise from around the property.

You are correct that we are in the heart of downtown located within walking distance to many nightlife venues from bars to theaters but also many more restaurants (with 16) within 2 blocks all rated highly on tripadvisor. With that said we take noise complaints very seriously and try to take immediate action once we hear the noise or are notified by the guest of the noise giving one warning and then taking more measures to ensure everyone's sleep.

Lastly, as for the parking situation once again you are correct in that we are located in downtown and our on property parking is compressed like other major cities throughout the country but we can accommodate a large coach bus on property. I truly do understand your comments as I personally drive a Ford Expedition and it sometimes is tighter unlike the parking garages or valet spots the other downtown locations have to utilize as they have limited or no on-site parking.

I really appreciate the honest review and we are working on increasing the sound proofing in the walls as we remodel so that we can limit the amount of noise transference guests may encounter from children to adults.
MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a convention to attend three nights and this was our central hub. Within walking distance of the downtown clubs and pubs, our convention facilities and if needed, a quick hop to a grocery store or fast food stop, we were centrally located and felt safe. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean, well stocked and updated with comfortable beds. For pricing, amenities and overall stay this was an excellent place.

Room Tip: There are a lot of units to the building. We stayed close to the lobby on the second floor. Others i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
GirlieNWNative,
Thank you for the great comments and I am glad to see you enjoyed our downtown location with all of the great restaurants and bars within walking distance. We hope you come back again and see us.
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I travel to 6 different states for my job, and stayed 107 nights in hotels in 2012. Billings has always been one of my 'problem' areas, because I have never been able to find a hotel I liked...

...until now.

The Clocktower Inn isn't much to look at from the street, but as you pull in to their parking area, it is a much bigger (and nicer) property than you imagine.

Parking is spacious, and they do have a covered parking area for when the snow is dumping down.

My check-in experience was quick and covered everything. This hotel offers 'key to the city' discounts to a lot of the downtown restaurants and bars. With dozens of choices within walking distance, it was hard to keep from walking around and trying everything.

My room was a 2-Queen room with a separate bathroom area. The 42" TV screen spoiled me, and the HEATED TILING in the bathroom was a luxurious treat on a cold February week. There was plenty of easily-accessible outlets, lots of storage space to unpack my things, and more amenities than I could use.

Coffi stood out as my favorite person to interact with. I'm in Pet Food sales, and I helped her with some nutritional questions about her Bulldog. During the chat, we toured the rest of the property and she showed me a different type of room, best-suited for business travelers (my room was near the pool, which I'm sure gets a little rowdy in the summer).

Great service, good prices, top-notch service, and a great central location. This Best Western will have my business whenever I'm in town.

Room Tip: Check in on Foursquare to receive an added perk! You won't be sorry!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We always strive to create a positive and WOW experience through our customer service as well as through the quality of our rooms. We have found little things can go a long way such as rain showers or heated tiles to our 42' flat screen tv's and clean remotes. I know Coffi was really glad to have met you as she did say how helpful you were with food options for her dog. Once again thank you for your business and wonderful comments.
Republic, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Coffi was great in helping me and my stay in Billings. I am a business traveler and do not like staying in rooms iwth access to the street. That is all the Clock Tower had open on the night of my reservation. Coffi was so helpful to call other hotels that had enclosed rooms and made a reservation at a different hotel. If I was not traveling for business I would stay at the Clock Inn with my family anytime- just because of their wonderful customer service!! Thank you

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
While I wish we had a room in our secured hallway which would have been perfect for you during your stay in Billings I am glad to see our front desk agent was able to help you find another property. Traveling can be stressful and we always want to do as much as we can to make it just that much more enjoyable. Hope you come back during summer when our heated outdoor pool is up and running.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS ClockTower Inn? Share your experiences!