“I cannot believe this!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Big Horn Resort

Save Saved
You added Big Horn Resort to your Saves list
Big Horn Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 Majestic Lane, Billings, MT 59102 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Billings)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Billings
Williston, North Dakota
“I cannot believe this!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We called ahead for a Thanksgiving retreat to make sure the water park would be open for the holiday. I understood closed for Thanksgiving, so I booked the room. We booked this room so my daughter could play with me at the Reef while her mom went shopping. The only reason we stayed was because of this. We woke up Friday morning, the Reef's hours were 9am-9pm, just to find out they were not going to open due to staffing issues. UNACCEPTABLE. The Bighorn is considered a resort, with one tiny little hot tub and the jets were not working! It wasn't even hot! Besides serving the same breakfast meal every morning and we found hair in the eggs. Not a weekend resort. They shouldn't advertise as a resort if they don't have a relationship with the Reef where they can use their pools and have access to them. We won't be coming back for any weekend getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I apologize for the shortfalls you experienced while staying with us at the Big Horn Resort. I have spoken to the Reef Manager and the staffing situation will be handled for any future stays. The hotel hot tub had been cooled down for other guests who did not like the hot temperature, it is unfortunate that to please one guest upsets another. I thank you for your comments and we will do our best to correct the issues for future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed one night. Nice big room, good toiletries. Efficient air con. Bar closed early. Nice (free) help yourself breakfast. Fantastic restaurant just across the parking lot. AMAZING steak. Try the Baseball Cut sirloin. Staff were great helping us print our boarding passes for next day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We love to hear that we are meeting your expectations and we look forward to your next visit to Billings.
Williston, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I "had" to have the water park for a late to-do on my sons Birthday, so I decided to ignore the negative reviews and make it my own.
I don't know why so many complained about the front staff; we came in late on a Friday night and recieved a very warm welcome! The women taking our reservations over the phone was pleasant and the rooms we're exactly as we reserved, even the day of! Yes, they charged my card immediately when checking in, but I don't see why that should be an issue. In today's society, if it helps this establishment avoid theft issues, I'm all for it!
Housekeeping did a great job in providing us with clean and well maintained room(s). I chose to put up the do not disturb sign, but noted they we're on the floors at a decent hour, so as not to wake anyone, but early enough to get what you might be in need of.
I heard a bit of lil' feet running above us the first morning, but not horrible as some might say. How can you not be excited with a giant slide waiting to be had!
Breakfast was a pleasant suprise! Serve yourself, was a bit above average for your typical hotel; prepared well seemed to be the key and the gals did a great job in keeping up with the crowd and its clean-up.
The water park was was a blast for the kids. The wave pool was a bit week, considering we've been to a few you might say, but all and all it was great. Staff was friendly and the pizza was actually good.
For the parents and tag-along friends, the lounge was perfect. Well stocked, drinks we're well done and not overpriced. Again staff was super friendly. I see one improvement that would benefit the hotel and its guests; they should open up serving window to the water park kitchen and provide a bar menu!
We had a great time! We come to Billings often, but they don't allow pets (our other child..haha), so we can't come everytime, but will certainly fit it in as often as we can.
Thanks Big Horn!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for you very truthful review. We strive to make our guests comfortable and allow them a great time. We are thrilled that we hit the mark for your stay and we look forward to your next visit. We do have the ability to order snacks from the Reef for the lounge guests and I will make sure that they have a menu available in the future.
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is an extremely great place. The waterpark is a bit pricy. However, the rooms are NICE and CLEAN, the breakfast is awesome, and the place is quiet. I stayed there a week, and try to think of reasons to stay again... but I live here! They don't allow pets... really bad move. That's the only reason we left.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Tnak you for your candid comments. We love to hear when we have done a great job. Sorry we do not take pets, we have alot of hospital patients and want to be allergy free for that need. I look forward to your next visit.
Regina, Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in the Big Horn Resort after cancelling at the Super 8. It was a great move on our part. The room was big and clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly, and the hot breakfast was so welcome after a long week. The hotel was a little out of the way from the places we wanted to see in Billings, but not so much that it mattered. I was happy to stay there, and I'll remember that if I ever visit the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for you candid comments. We love to hear when we have done a great job and look forward to your next visit.
Montana City, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Back to school shopping trip and water slides all in one! :-) The beds were comfortable & the room was clean! Good choices for the free breakfast and lots of seating. The waffle maker wasn't working the morning we were there but there was still plenty to eat!

When we checked in we asked for a room on the top floor and the staff was very accommodating!

Had dinner at the Rib & Chop House which is right next door. Great food as always!

I even went down the water slide with my daughter!! Not just once - but three times!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
We are so thrilled you had such a great time and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for the great comments.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

A beautiful hotel but not worth the hassels. We paid 120$ a night plus 40$ for our children to swim also 21$ for a roll away bed because the queen suite wasn't available. The first night we were there we were locked out of our room for a half hour waiting for maintenence to fix it. When we returned on our second day our room wasn't cleaned. We called the front desk they said they would send someone up. The maintenence Guy showed up emptied trashes and replaced towels. Nothing else. When we went to check out we spoke to them about discounting our bill due to all the problems. We were told by the manager on duty all she could give us was 21$ discount. If we wanted more we had to speak to the general manager. Turns out that if we spoke to the GM the 21$ was added back on to my credit card. So I called the GM, after a week of phone tag we finally spoke. After everything we had gone through our customer satisfactions was only worth 27$ and i was basically told i was lying about the do not disturb sign not even being in our room. It seems that a lazy, lying housekeeper and an incompetent front desk staff is more valuable than satisfied happy customers. Do yourself a favor and book a different hotel and save yourself the headache.

• Stayed July 2012
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
I am sorry that you were not satified with your stay. We take do not disturb sign on your room seriously as that tells us that our guests do not want to be touched by hotel services and we verify all reports of no service twice to assure we do not have a lazy staff member, and at any time that the sign is removed during our service time we make sure to attend to your needs. We are not accusing you of anything, but apologize for our misunderstanding of your needs.

Been to Big Horn Resort? Share your experiences!