“Great Place for a Family to Gather” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Billings
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great Place for a Family to Gather”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Residence Inn in Billings went above and beyond our expectations! Driving through town on a business trip, we made a stop in Billings to visit with my daughter for a few days and found ourselves with a happy warm welcome from the staff at the property.
The accommodations they provided for us during our stay were more than convenient, they were COMPLIMENTARY!!! With a nice variety of hot and cold breakfast items every morning, and a complimentary appetizer served in the evenings of Tuesday through Thursday.
The patio with the working fire place and seating was a relaxing atmosphere to just sit and visit. The rooms were well presented and seemed to be very tidy. Even made it a point to speak with the house keeping manager upon check-out about how nice everything was.
The girls at the front desk were MORE than helpful with any of our inquiries about the area, or recommendations for great places to eat. The property is located right behind a main strip in Billings with access to shopping, restaurants and coffee houses. Far enough away from the highway and train tracks that run through the town to get a full nights rest. I would DEFINITELY refer my friends and family to a future stay with The Residence Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I travel a lot for work , so the hotel is a home away from home for me, having the right hotel is always a must. I never stayed at residence inn in billings before but I would highly recommend anyone to stay here. The staff are really nice and very helpful. No matter what time I had a question someone was always there to answer it or if I needed help with something in my room, They always sent someone up to help me. Very clean place. It was always nice to go to work and come back with a clean room to sleep in and do some work at the desk. The breakfast was nice every morning and the evening social they serve was also nice, two free meals with your room. It is also a kid friendly and pet friendly place. The staff interact with the kids and animals , which is so wonderful to see them enjoy there job and take the time to get to know the guest no matter how busy they are.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

First let me start off by saying that I travel 150-200 days per year for work and usually stay in hotels for a few weeks at a time. When I first found out that I was coming to Montana I was not excited at all about coming here because I didn't think there was anything to do. While that maybe true the staff at the Residence Inn was excellent the entire time I was here for two weeks. From the time I checked in till the time I left everything was great. No request I had was too much for them. When I first checked in Joslyn at the front desk told me how to get to my favorite places such as Target in Billings. Every encounter I had with her was very pleasant . She even helped me one day when I wasted salad dressing all in my room to give me the tools to clean it up. Her attitude was awesome everyday I walked in she had a big smile and always spoke. Most importantly she remembers guests. Myca also did a great job as well. She was always available to help me with faxes and other requests I had. She even helped me one night get on the wifi when I was having trouble. Most hotels I stay in I just get treated like a going through the motions type guest by the staff but here at the Residence Inn Billings I felt like my stay mattered and the entire staff did everything possible to make my stay here a great one. I can't thank you guys enough for everything that was done to make my stay here unforgettable. If I am ever in Billings I will for sure stay here at the Residence Inn. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Billings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nevada, MO, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

There are some staff that need training on how to treat a paying guest, including the general manager. Maintenance requests are just ignored and if they do look at the prob it will be reported as no trouble found and all future maint request about the problem just brushed off. Money would be better spent at a different hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Billings-RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Billings, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
I really appreciate your opinion. I am glad we came to an agreement for the future. I hope you find satisfactory accommodations. Thank you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Was here on business for a month. Yes the hotel is newer with shiny fixtures, but unfortunately that's where it stops. I checked which went ok but usually I'm offered an upgrade, extra points, etc... Due to point status with marriott rewards I can over look this. The work out facility was in good shape as well as pool. Breakfast kept running out of things. I guess they don't have a lot of traffic in this area, again I can over look that. What I can't over look is housekeeping not cleaning rooms properly. I leave a tip for what I thought was cleaning instead it's new towels and made my bed. All bathroom is left dirty (water spots in mirror, etc...) no vacuuming done in room. The worst feeling is being in a dirty room specially when you ask for it to be cleaned. If you are here for a day or two it will do anything longer than that beware. Oh and it ain't cheap either $200/night. I will definitely let my employer know to take this hotel off our list.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Billings-RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Billings, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I am going to keep this response brief since we already spoke on the phone and went through most of these items. I wanted you to know that I did follow up with all the paperwork in Housekeeping as well as spoke to the Housekeeping manager. We had seen that alot of the time you had a 'DO NOT SERVICE" on your room door and set the garbage outside the door, which we did pick up. We can not go into a room when that sign is up.
I went back and double checked the day you checked in and unfortunately there was not an upgrade available.
I did see that you had stayed a month before this stay as well. Your total stay here has been 49 nights. With you having an option to check out at anytime, all these complaints has surprised us. I know that you had said you will not be staying here again. At this time I believe this is a wise decision. We are sorry we couldn't accomadate you and your needs.
Thank you.
Natrona County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We booked a 2 bedroom suite to accomodate 3 adults and a toddler over the Christmas holiday. Check in was efficient and friendly and we got our room on the requested upper floor. The king room in particular had very little space to arrange 2 suitcases. We searched for luggage racks and, after a call to the desk, learned this hotel does not supply racks. The room with the queen bed did have more space to place suitcases. We did notice the room had some wear (carpet fraying) but within the normal scope of a hotel except for the sofa bed which was truly in the poorest condition we have noticed since travelling with the 4 year old. Luckily he is small and tired and managed to sleep on the supportless mattress.

Breakfast was standard and adequate. We enjoyed having a full size fridge and had Christmas Eve appetizers and snacks in the room after church. The fireplace next to our small Christmas tree provided a nice ambiance.

The pool was nice sized and enjoyed by the toddler. The fitness room was also utillized and deemed acceptable.

We only encountered pleasant staff, and although we had filled out paperwork to only have garbage and towel service on Christmas Day, we returned in the afternoon to find a cleaned room. We did leave a tip and maybe this was the reason (or they didn't receive paperwork).

All in all, this hotel worked well for our needs and I can imagine it would be pleasant to return to this festively decorated place for another holiday!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a typical Residence Inn as far as rooms and layout. The service is usually very good and the front desk goes out of their way to help with room location and anything you may need. It is also one of the cleaner Residence Inn's we've stayed in.

We stay here often. The 2 bedroom suites are perfect for a family. Comfortable beds and lots of pillows on each bed. This hotel is tucked behind Home Depot, close to the mall and and within walking distance to Old Chicago. It can be hard to find a good rate here, but most hotels are more expensive in Billings compared to some bigger cities. If you are here on a weeknight there is an average dinner provided for free.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Billings? Share your experiences!