“LOVE IT HERE! BEST IN BILLINGS” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Billings
Ashland, United States
“LOVE IT HERE! BEST IN BILLINGS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The people and friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast is more then you would expect! For business or bring your family! It is the place to stay in Billings! I find that even though they have a Pool Play Land that attracts many families with children it is still quiet and well kept! I love it here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again! We do appreciate the time our repetitive guests take to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you that you enjoyed our breakfast selections (mini-omelets, fresh waffles, sausage, etc.) and most of all, that you enjoyed a clean room. Please come back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have stayed multiple times over the last 4 years, my son even has a nickname for this hotel, he calls it the "Three Bears". Every time we have stayed there the staff has been accommodating, the rooms have been cleaned with care and everything went off without a hitch. This time, things were very different. On our 2nd to last day, our son crawled under the bed to get his toy airplane he had dropped. When he emerged he had multiple bites on his face, arm & torso. They began to swell and I promptly put him in the bathtub to rinse it off. I covered the bites with baking soda and called the front desk. They offered to immediately put us into another room on the 3rd floor as we were staying on the first. At this point I inquired if we had been placed in a pet friendly room, which we were unaware of. She said that we had been. The room we had stayed in all week was quite a bit lower quality than the ones on the 2nd & 3rd floor we had reserved previously. The beds were lumpy (both adults had backaches by the 3rd night) & the rooms much smaller though they are billed for the same price. Quickly packing up 6 days worth of belongings, we headed up to the 3rd floor with an upset & itchy child. The General Manager decided this was a good time to talk to me about it while in the hallway attempting to get my kiddo in. She let me know that she has people with allergies in her family and that it is my job to make sure it is pet-free when I'm booking. I explained we had booked last minute for a memorial service of a dear family member. She remained unphased. She did not apologize, seem concerned or show any remorse for our situation. To be honest, it was bizarre. My husband also went to speak with her and showed her the pictures of red marks all over our son. She never offered to discount our room, checked in on us or followed up on it. My husband also made her aware that a janitor had thrown chemicals into the pool while we were swimming in it with no warning. I quickly got my son out as I had no idea what it was. She explained that they were allowed to do that otherwise they would have to close the pool for an hour. Comforting. We will no longer be using this hotel and will tell our family & friends who frequently visit Billings to not do so either. Also, as we left we saw that they had completely pulled apart the room, mattresses, linens, etc. Not sure if they found the culprit or not, but I will never go there again to find out.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a pet free room, preferably on the 2nd or 3rd floor. All of the rooms on the fi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
It is always our desire to have our guests experience the very best in customer service. I am sorry that you felt that we did not exceed or even meet your expectations during this stay. We were unaware that there are any uncomfortable beds as we replaced every bed in the hotel with pillowtop beds less than two years ago. Please know that we, like any reputable public entity, contract with a pest control company to proactively protect our rooms and public spaces from insects. Since you have enjoyed your previous stays with us and the first five days of your recent stay, it's my hope you will give us an opportunity to host you and your son at the "Three Bear Hotel".
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a really good time here! Let me break it down:
1) we had the "All the Pretty Horses" suite - which was the first room up the stairs from the lobby - super close to the breakfast area - score! the bad part? We brought our dog and we really wanted one of the rooms on the first floor with an exterior door - but the room itself was very nice. It was two hotel rooms renovated into a one bedroom suite. There was a nice, large comfortable couch (sofa bed) in the living area along with two armchairs. There was also a large sturdy desk and 2 additional chairs in the living area. No dining area. Two mini-fridges, one microwave, and a small kitchenette sink along with 2 bathroom sinks - one in each room - and 2 bathrooms. The bedroom had a large comfortable king sized bed and a flat screen TV there along with the flat screen TV in the living room. There was also a comfortable armchair in the bedroom and a smaller desk there.
2) the fireplace in the living room area rocked! Even though it was warm, we had it on for ambiance purposes and really enjoyed it.
3) the service was really good - we had originally booked a 2 queen bed room with fireplace - we got a call about a month before our trip that the only available rooms for that category was not on the dog friendly floor...they upgraded us to the "All the Pretty Horses" suite at no additional cost. Check in and out was also a breeze and the people there were very nice.
4) the pool area was very popular - though we didn't use it, it looked like a very happening place with the kids
5) the room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel - one of the nicest Best Westerns we've ever stayed at!
6) the breakfast (included) was very nice - but there wasn't a whole lot of seating once you hit around 9am. The coffee and juices was plentiful - there were 2 waffle makers, toast, bagels, and yogurt. The morning we were there the hot options were cheese omelets and sausage patties. I didn't try those, but my brother said they were fine. I also remember there being bananas and apples too.

Overall, it was a nice property for us to spend a night at on our way to Yellowstone. I wouldn't have minded staying there a few extra nights, but alas, we had a schedule to keep. But if we were ever in the area again - we'd definitely go back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed staying in "All the Pretty Horses" Suite and found it clean, comfortable and conveniently located! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on our property. We hope you will come back and stay with us again and again as we have several uniquel suites, i.e. "Moon Over Montana", "Woodland Mist", "Mustang Canyon", "Big Sky Beauty Loft", and "Cabin Fever" to name a few.
Again, we appreciate that you took time to post about your stay with us.
Clayton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

-Excellent facilities - Excellent staff - Fun atmosphere with carved bear figures on outside of hotel at different positions, as if peeking in windows - Delightful pool area, particularly for families with fun fountains and rope ladders and slides and pool toys - most entertaining pool we've ever seen...and we didn't even use it - Walking distance to both McDonald's and Mexican Restaurants -Very attentive staff, offering motorcycle washing equipment and supplies, as well as switching our room to one where we could park just outside with an outside and inside access door to keep an eye on our bike.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We do enjoy the comments from guests like you who note our "pet" bears peeking in the windows and our fun water playland. We hope you will come back again and remember, you don't have to be a kid to use the slides in the playland--you only have to be a "kid at heart". Thank you for giving us a great review!
Oxnard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wow! My husband and I have a trucking business and were looking for a decent hotel where pets are welcome. We looked at ratings and found that Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites was rated well. I called the hotel and was told that pets are welcome at no extra charge and reserved a room. Everything about our stay was perfect! The room was large, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. It was well decorated and had a very homey atmosphere. The pool area was really nice and great for kids. We felt very welcome by the staff and found many friendly people staying there. The breakfast foods were plentiful and delicious. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this property, long distance, for a family reunion of 80 people of mixed ages for July 26-28. Never having seen the property and the meeting rooms, I was a bit concerned. So I went to Billings a day early, met with Joyce the property manager, and my fears quickly dissipated. Joyce and the staff made our event effortless and were incredibly accommodating. It didn't matter what time of day or night, the staff were wonderfully responsive to our needs...and we tried to be low-impact guests.

In addition, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable. I might add I got ill and the manager herself delivered some yogurt to my room at 3:00 pm! Now that is service beyond reproach! You might not get yogurt delivered but I can assure you you'll enjoy your stay. This property functions as a well-oiled team. The exterior is also welcoming, well-landscaped, and away from road noise. Thank you for a wonderful stay and a lovely, stress-free family reunion.

Room Tip: This property does not have a road noise issue as it is located slightly away from freeways and majo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Your family was delightful! We appreciated your attention to all the details ahead of time...it made it easy to host your reunion celebration. Thank you for this gracious TripAdvisor post about our property and especially about our staff. Please come back again and yes, bring the whole family!
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I reviewed this hotel in 2011. I made a return trip to Billings this summer and decided to stay at the same place. How nice that some things never change! The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the pool was fantastic, the continental breakfast had many great choices, and the staff was courteous and helpful. This is a wonderful place to stay. ( Loved the warm cookies in the lobby, too! )

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!