“Great for families” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 47 hotels in Billings
Columbus, Montana
“Great for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I got a room for my daughter and her family for them to have a night of swimming and fun. They so enjoyed their stay and enjoyed the pool. They said it was comfortable the rooms were big and the pool was great. They also said the contiental breakfast was good

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We love families! And kids seem to love our water playland! Thank you for sending your daughter and grandchildren here for a night of fun!

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Moose Jaw, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here about six times in the last four years and very much enjoy this hotel with it's exterior and interior doors. The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. There is a bit of thudding when people walk above you on the second floor but it's not a huge issue. We like the location and the staff are friendly and accommodating. The problem we have is that the lawn areas of this hotel are littered with pet waste. The hotel staff are nice enough to issue doggie treats and a doggie poop bag on arrival but irresponsible pet owners choose not to use them. We travel with a little dog and NEVER neglect to clean up after him and we find it difficult to walk our dog without dodging the droppings of other dogs. Dog owners need to smarten up and until they do, grounds keepers should keep the areas clean. It's the only complaint we have with this otherwise great place to stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for posting your experience at our hotel. We especially enjoy hearing from our repeat guests who choose to visit us when their travels bring them to Billings. As you know, we welcome our four-legged friends who come to stay. We appreciate the "parents" who take good care of them, but will strive to be more diligent cleaning up after the ones whose owners are not as responsible. We hope to see you again soon!
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at the Billings Best Western Plus Kelly Inn for one night. Reserved a pet friendly room, which is first floor. Nice that there is both in- and out-door accees, although you can hear vehicle traffic which can cause a wake up. Our room was by the handicap access parking spots, so we did not have "at the door" parking as mentioned by front desk. Almost felt bad parking in front of someone else's door, but there was nothing else I could do unless I parked over at the state office facility adjacent to the hotel. Room was above average; although it did have a smaller feel after staying in hotels with high ceilings. The beds were comfortable (with really nice rustic blankets), but the pillows were the super soft feather ones; having a firm pillow would have been nice. Easy controls for heat/cooling; rest was nice, except when the neighbors checked in at about 11 pm and were about as loud as possible. The walls did seem tinny, and we did hear folks upstairs, although not terrible. We did hear folks starting cars in the early AM; we did not leave until almost noon, which is check out time. Breakfast was great; in a very nice front room (fireplace and outdoor/Northern deco). Hot food, good coffee and a large selection of Tazo teas; waffles, eggs, sausage; all very nice and a friendly staff. Kids enjoyed the waterpark in mid-AM when it was not super busy. Housekeeping constantly checks to see if you have checked out; they recommended leaving the "Do not disturb" sign until you leave...but they also left express check out slips; figure the front desk would relay when you left instead of being bugged every 45 mins. Other than that and the rather thin walls/pillows which degraded sleep quality a little, an good overall experience. No flat $77 rate for military, the room did run about $90.

Room Tip: If you do not have pets, would recommend a top floor since the room walls/ceiling made the "thu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for the time you took to let us know how your stay was! While we always want to hear the best things about our property, we do need to know what areas we can make improvements in. It's our goal to create an unique and unforgettable experience for each guest. We do hope you will be back to see us soon, especially during January where we will be offering our best prices of the year!
Lander, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family and I were going to give this place a try since it is near Cabella's. I knew we would still be on the road after 6pm so I called at 5pm to let them know. At this time they said everything was good. Turns out our room was given away before we arrived. Had they told me before hand that they were going to charge my card anyway I would have left the funds on there, but I was told that it was ok to hold with a card and pay cash when I got there. The front desk told me they don't even take cash only debit or credit. They said they had called to see if was still coming after 6. There were no such calls on my phone. I doubt they tried. Had they really tried to call I could have given them my husbands card information. They were rude and unapolegetic. My husband, our kids and I ended up driving around hunting for a new room. We ended up staying at good ol' Western Executive Inn. After that experience. I will never try to stay anywhere else again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
It is always our goal to communicate our policies clearly and courteously, but we seem to have failed in your case. Please note that later in the evening it's our policy to authorize incoming reservations to verify credit card guarantees. If there is a problem with the credit card, our staff is instructed to call the in-coming guest so that they have an opportunity to guarantee with another form of payment before we cancel the reservation. I am sorry that they were unable to contact you. It's my hope, though, that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to host you at our property where I know your children would enjoy our unique water playland.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a road trip through Montana and North Dakota. I used my air miles to pay for the room, so I cannot comment on price. I was amazed at the look of the hotel - very rustic with wood lodge frame and several wooden animals all over the exterior. Check-in was quick and friendly. My room was spacious and included both a microwave and fridge. My only criticism of the room was that the bed was right in front of the air conditioner, meaning that there was a cold breeze blowing over you when you were in bed. Internet and parking were both free. There was a waterpark with various play areas as well as a nice hot tub. There were laundry facilities, however they did cost money to use. A hot breakfast was included in the morning. Overall, I was impressed with this hotel and enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel for both families and business travel.

Room Tip: You can get rooms on the main floor that have exterior doors for access. They also have interior cor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We are very appreciative of comments like the ones you posted here. It's our goal to provide not only a hotel room, but a relaxing, fun experience. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us!
Red Deer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Pretty much what we expect from this chain - we stayed in a room on the ground floor that had an outside door. Convenient but don't expect to sleep in - vehicles are parked right outside the window which is noisy in the morning. This parking area was packed with vehicles and we weren't able to park close to our room. Also was a lot of traffic/train noise. We must have been extra sensitive to noise because we ended up unplugging the a/c-heater unit which was very loud.

Room Tip: Ground floor quite noisy
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

There wasn't one complaint about our stay. Kids had cookies at 5 pm swimming-sliding playing in pool area. Beds were comfortable, blankets were snugly. The whole place was clean clean clean. Then in the morning we had a nice breakfast followed by more pool time since check outs not tell 12 noon. We already made our next reservation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!