“Staff was rude” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Billings
Lander, Wyoming
“Staff was rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My family and I were going to give this place a try since it is near Cabella's. I knew we would still be on the road after 6pm so I called at 5pm to let them know. At this time they said everything was good. Turns out our room was given away before we arrived. Had they told me before hand that they were going to charge my card anyway I would have left the funds on there, but I was told that it was ok to hold with a card and pay cash when I got there. The front desk told me they don't even take cash only debit or credit. They said they had called to see if was still coming after 6. There were no such calls on my phone. I doubt they tried. Had they really tried to call I could have given them my husbands card information. They were rude and unapolegetic. My husband, our kids and I ended up driving around hunting for a new room. We ended up staying at good ol' Western Executive Inn. After that experience. I will never try to stay anywhere else again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
It is always our goal to communicate our policies clearly and courteously, but we seem to have failed in your case. Please note that later in the evening it's our policy to authorize incoming reservations to verify credit card guarantees. If there is a problem with the credit card, our staff is instructed to call the in-coming guest so that they have an opportunity to guarantee with another form of payment before we cancel the reservation. I am sorry that they were unable to contact you. It's my hope, though, that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to host you at our property where I know your children would enjoy our unique water playland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a road trip through Montana and North Dakota. I used my air miles to pay for the room, so I cannot comment on price. I was amazed at the look of the hotel - very rustic with wood lodge frame and several wooden animals all over the exterior. Check-in was quick and friendly. My room was spacious and included both a microwave and fridge. My only criticism of the room was that the bed was right in front of the air conditioner, meaning that there was a cold breeze blowing over you when you were in bed. Internet and parking were both free. There was a waterpark with various play areas as well as a nice hot tub. There were laundry facilities, however they did cost money to use. A hot breakfast was included in the morning. Overall, I was impressed with this hotel and enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel for both families and business travel.

Room Tip: You can get rooms on the main floor that have exterior doors for access. They also have interior cor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
bratrat, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We are very appreciative of comments like the ones you posted here. It's our goal to provide not only a hotel room, but a relaxing, fun experience. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us!
Red Deer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Pretty much what we expect from this chain - we stayed in a room on the ground floor that had an outside door. Convenient but don't expect to sleep in - vehicles are parked right outside the window which is noisy in the morning. This parking area was packed with vehicles and we weren't able to park close to our room. Also was a lot of traffic/train noise. We must have been extra sensitive to noise because we ended up unplugging the a/c-heater unit which was very loud.

Room Tip: Ground floor quite noisy
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Williston, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

There wasn't one complaint about our stay. Kids had cookies at 5 pm swimming-sliding playing in pool area. Beds were comfortable, blankets were snugly. The whole place was clean clean clean. Then in the morning we had a nice breakfast followed by more pool time since check outs not tell 12 noon. We already made our next reservation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

For our anniversary my husband and I booked the largest suite in this hotel and it was amazing. I felt like we were transported to a small chalet. Very spacious, with a log cabin feel. We loved that we could lounge on the huge leather sofa for movies or toast to our anniversary over one of two fireplaces. All in all I can't wait to visit again.
P.S. We even come back and stay occasionally in one of the smaller rooms so the kids can swim in the great pool...Don't forget the homemade waffles!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin MN.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After going through a horrible experience at Comfort Inn in Billings it was wonderful to have a friendly, helping manager, Holly. Thank you for making sure that everything was being taken care of. This is what a stay should be like.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Comfort Inn
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!