“Outstanding Quality” 4 of 5 stars

406-245-9888
Improve this listing
“Outstanding Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I took my girlfriend here since she love sushi, and Chinese food. I have to say that until I went to Sweet Ginger I was not a big fan of either. I ordered the Kung Pau trio and my girl friend ordered the General Tsao's Chicken. Both were good, but could have been more spicy. Our waiter told us after we ate that we could have ordered it hotter. Would have been nice to know that prior to. The salad was good, the fresh in-house dressing was awesome! It was Ginger-Sesame. The sushi was very good and changed my mind on this dish. We ordered it with rice paper rather than sea weed. I had eaten sushi with sea weed before and did not like it. The rice paper was a marked improvement! The pricing is moderate and the atmosphere is what you would expect. The plum Saki was excellent! In all this is a very good place to eat, especially if you like sushi and/or Chinese food.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

valparaiso, Indiana
“wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Imagine our pleasure when we found a really good Asian restaurant on a recent two day visit to Billings. We shared two sushi dishes and wished we could have found room for at least another but it was lunchtime. We had joined a good crowd of apparently faithful patrons. The owners are cordial and helpful. The decor is pleasant and calm. In addition to a lovely asian mural, there are three large photos of the owners as children in mainland China and as bride and groom in Taiwan. The care and pride they feel about Sweet Ginger's is apparent in the spotlessness of the establishment and the lovely presentation.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Paying for atmosphere...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I had heard great things about this place so I decided to give it a try. We had some sushi which was good, but not any better than I have had other places around town and twice the cost! Then came our main meals, my brother order the broccoli beef- it was so salty, and lacked the flavors that we usually enjoy. I had the seabass, the piece of fish was the same size as my cell phone over a bed of veggies that included canned mushrooms!! I'm sorry for $27.99 I do not want to see canned vegetables, and I would prefer the protein to be the star of the plate.....all in all sushi was good, rest of the food not so much- and a bill of $75 for two people!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

We went on a friday night. Wife ordered Beef and Broccoli-beef was tender but very gamey tasting, no real chinese spices, just gravy, Bland with bad meat. My wife ordered this and took one bite and made me eat it. I originally ordered the general tso chicken. Tough chicken, not crispy, no chinese spices. Was supposed to be spicy, no heat or flavor at all, bland sweet sauce. Crab rangoon was too hard and the filling was fishy. My daughter ordered a couple of sushi rolls that were OK. The only thing I can think of is that they had to americanize this food so much for the local population that it has no flavor. The final insult was the bill, for two entrees ($17), two sushi rolls, a crab rangoon and a lemonade (the wife and I had water) $75. We had heard that this place was great, I have eaten chinese food all around the country and this I think is in the bottom 5%. If you want decent chinese food in billings, go to Grand Garden. We will not be going back.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“World Class Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

One of the 4 best restaurants in Billings.

We are transplants to Billings. The sushi is fantastic...ABSOLUTELY fresh. I have never been dissappointed. It is as good or better than the good sushi restaurnat sin New York, Washignton DC or San Franciso.

Try the Salmon Skin Hand Roll Special...it is as good as dessert.
The owner (who is the Sushi chef) always has terrific specials!

(Restaurant can be a little loud.)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere