“Watch your belongings” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kelly Inn Billings

You added Kelly Inn Billings to your Saves list
Kelly Inn Billings
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5610 South Frontage Road, Billings, MT 59101 (Formerly Clubhouse Inn and Suites)   |
Special Rate
Save up to 15%
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Billings
Montana
“Watch your belongings”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We spent a night here after my husband had eye surgery. The room was okay. I had my laptop on my charger with a short surge protector (hot pink) and managed to miss picking it up when we checked out. I called immediately the next morning and they claimed it had not been turned in and showed little interest in checking. I called again the next day and was met with about the same result only insisted they look further. End result I am out a $100 charger and difficult to find cord. Of course the belongings were found. Were I the manager I would certainly question the honesty of the maid staff that this was not turned in.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
around
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I recently stayed here and toward the end of my stay had started noticing itchy red bug bites on my body for a couple days. On my last day, I awoke to find a bed bug crawling on the mattress right in front of my face. I killed it and informed the staff immediately. The head housekeeper came and saw the bug and my bites, and told me she would speak to the manager about getting me a refund for my stay. I was told at the front desk that the manager wouldn't be in until 3pm, and I had to catch a flight so I couldn't wait around.

When I called the manager from the airport, she told me I'd have to contact Priceline for a refund because I had booked through them. I contacted Priceline, and they have informed me the hotel refuses to offer any refund for my trouble.

I have had to wash all my clothes in hot water (ruined some) and replace my luggage. My upper body is covered in super itchy red bug bites that look disgusting. I will probably have to treat my belongings again in order to fully get rid of the bugs because apparently one treatment doesn't always kill all the eggs.

I am appalled with this hotel's handling of the whole issue. I am sure they claim they don't have any bed bugs, but I am here to say - the bug on the bed was real, and so are all these itchy bug bites on my body.

They couldn't pay me to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
wygolfer, Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this review, July 30, 2009
Thank you for your comments on your stay. During the guests 11 night stay the morning the guest checked out was the first we heard of any problems with insect’s. We have a reputable pest control vendor that services our property on a regular schedule. Upon your complaint we called this vendor ASAP to inspect the room, no evidence was found; however, we did take precautionary measures to be sure.
Puyallup, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

We needed to stay at this hotel for one night passing through on our way to Washington. We had our 5 dogs with us and had requested a suite (which I was told was the size of 2 rooms, it definitely is only the size of a single room). Although there was no pet deposit or fee, the room we were given was in no way big enough, eventhough I was assured that it would be. Also, all pet rooms are on the second floor. This is really not a great idea, you would think that the management/owners would want the pets to be the closest to the outside that they can be.

A few other problems: ran out of hot water in the shower, it definitely wasn't cleaned (found a few things left behind from the previous occupant), the comforters were disgusting and had not been cleaned (there was a visible coffee stain and it still smelled like coffee, so it definitely hadn't been cleaned), this is also an extremely loud hotel. The walls were paper thin and you could hear absolutely everyone that was walking down the hall, especially the screaming and running children early in the morning and late at night. Some soundproofing would definitely be a great investment for this hotel.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I was thoroughly disappointed.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Cleanliness or lack there-of, noise, size, etc.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
wygolfer, Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this review, January 30, 2009
Thank you for your business and your comments. We are known for being “pet friendly” and we were happy to accommodate you and your pets. Our hotel has oversized guest rooms and our suites are larger than our oversized guest rooms. We agree that the first floor is much more accommodating for pets than the second floor, however you requested a suite, and our suites are located only on second and third floor. Our hotel has not experienced hot water shortages and our hotel is constructed with emphasis on sound and constructs better sound walls than most standard hotels. We are sorry you experienced issues with water and noise. We take pride in our hotel and always work to ensure our guests satisfaction and maintain high levels of standards at our hotel. Again, thank you for feedback.
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

We were on vacation from our home in Tennessee on a fly/drive trip from Salt Lake City to Rapid City, SD. We spent one night in Billings.

We arrived to the smell of popcorn - a nice touch! We had requested a room on the top floor, but had been assigned one on the 2nd. I requested one on the third (top) floor and was accommodated, and then the clerk saw on his screen my request (made at booking) for the top floor, so he wondered why it'd not been done in the first place.

In addition to the popcorn, one could also get juices, gatorade, soft drinks, etc. A nice appetizer before dinner! (There's a Cracker Barrel right next door, too).

In the room, which had a nice, pleasant non-overpowering scent, was a vanity on the opposite wall from the beds next to a half-wall - kind of different. The beds were firm, but not hard, and were comfy.

Wireless internet in the room was free and quick.

The shower flow was minimal and some mildew was on the shower curtain. The A/C was quiet and worked well.

The breakfast was in a spacious area, with juices, coffee, milk, toast, bagels, danish, waffles, sausage, cereal and fruit.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

• Liked — Popcorn and soft drinks upon arrival
  • Disliked — Shower flow.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

All in all, our stay here was very comfortable. My boyfriend and our two cats stayed in two double bed room in August of 2008. The room was very large, a lot of space. This doesn't really matter much to me, but lots of people on this website seem really concerned about that. The room was very clean and comfortable (much more important to me). The pool looked nice but I didn't go in it.

A few things are keeping me from giving this five stars, however. When we arrived, there was a good 7-10 minute wait for someone to come to the desk and check us in. We had driven for over 8 hours from Spokane, Washington and had two very unhappy cats with us, so every minute counted. Also, the women that checked us in were not overly helpful either. I had booked a AAA discount for the room and it didn't appear on the bill. I asked the woman about this and she said that regardless of what the bill said, I would be charged the rate that I had booked the hotel under. I asked her to remove and she repeated that she didn't need to. Needless to say, when we got the bill, I hadn't been given the AAA discount. The woman that checked us out was really nice and took care of it the next day. But their evening staff needs some customer service lessons, especially during a time when a lot of people are looking for work!

It was really crowded while we were there, so the breakfast area was packed. It would have been nice if an employee would have tried to organize a line or something resembling one. The food items weren't great either--this was an extended continental breakfast, so better than some I've seen, but not nearly as good as some other deluxe continental breakfasts that we've had. But then, it was free so can't complain too much. Finally, even with the AAA discount, this was a pretty expensive place for Billings, Montana. I think that you could do just as well for less money at another hotel.

Stayed August 2008
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

I drove across the country on 90 and used this hotel as one of my stopping points. The rooms were clean and comfy, the people at the desk were extremely nice, and to top it all off they allowed my cats there without an additional charge! The hotel is close to 90, and also conveniently located to plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. I would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Pet friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

This place is almost great.

Pool/Hot Tub - Hot tub is very warm. Not too hot, but quite warm. The pool wasn't too bad either. It was indoors and heated, so it was nice and warm. It has a "deep" end and a shallow end. However the deep end was only 5 ft I believe. The only negative for this area is that it is WAY too hot and humid in the pool area. The pool area is enclosed and needs vents to the outside. It felt like it was about 90% humidity in there.

Fitness Area - This is one of the two big negatives I have for this place. When advertising that you have a fitness area, MAKE SURE IT WORKS, please. It had a recumbent style exercise bike, a treadmill and a universal style weight machine. The bike and the treadmill worked just fine. Unfortunately the weight machine had big DO NOT USE signs all over it. The weights were the main reason we wanted to use the fitness area, so this was a huge disappointment. The fitness area is entered via a door from the pool area. Poor design. You walk by the hot tub and potentially get your feet/shoes wet, then use equipment? You need your room key to get into the pool, but a special key from the front desk to get into the fitness area. This was another big hassle. (See front desk section for more info.).

Room - We had an executive king suite. It included a king bed, microwave, and fridge. Large TV, etc. Very nice room.

Hallways/Etc - Stairwells are place in odd locations. They also have no cooling ability, and when it is hot in Billings, it is EXTREMELY hot in these stair wells. Stairwells also had a very odd and gross smell to them. Hallways were fine though, and very clean.

Staff - Not knowledgeable and very indifferent about everything. Upon checking in, the girl seemed nice but did not tell us anything about where the room was, where breakfast was, what time breakfast was, nothing about the pool, and nothing about the fitness center. When we wanted to use the pool, I had read that we needed a special key, so we went straight to the desk. The girl that was there was on the phone with a personal call talking about passing out on someone else's bed. She told us that we only needed the room key. We tried it, and to no surprise it didn't work. She tried to re-key the card, but still nothing. On the third trip back to the desk to get in, she finally asked someone else. This other girl knew there was a special key and she found a key chain. She went with us, but she couldn't get it open. So on the fourth trip to the desk, she talked to a guy that worked there and he helped her find the right key. On check out, the girl was very indifferent about everything. We told her we wanted to check out and she asked if we had a receipt already. If we did, would we have needed to go to the desk? I think not. She didn't bother to ask about how our stay was or if there were problems etc.

Overall - If you can get around these young lazy people working the desk, and if they decide to fix the weight set, then this is a great place to stay. Easy access from the freeway. Easy access to things on King Ave. Price wasn't too bad either.

Stayed July 2008

Been to Kelly Inn Billings? Share your experiences!