“Great deal for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Billings
Cherry Tree Inn
You added Cherry Tree Inn to your Saves list
823 N 28th St, Billings, MT 59101   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Billings B&B and Inns
Tucson, Arizona
“Great deal for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Cheap room, but very comfortable bed, very clean room. New carpet in the room - but the hallway carpet sure could use updating. Free wi-fi came in handy. I would not recommend the free breakfast, but it is there. I was visiting the hospital right across the street and this place was very convenient. Interesting collection of minerals and fossils in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here recently and were very impressed. The staff were very friendly and the room was lovely and very quiet. Breakfast was just coffee, toast or doughnuts but it was better than nothing. The place was very clean and it was also near a Perkins restaurant which was very handy for dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Highland Heights, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This place is wonderful! Clean and the staff was EXCELLENT and love the fact the place is pet friendly!!!!!! this is wonderfully priced and soooooo great with the price! stay here, u will be happy and satisfied! Great location too!!!!

Room Tip: if ur a smoker, rent a room by the door...cause no smoking! (which is good for non smokers ) but was...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just stayed here at the cherry tree inn over the last several days. I found the facility to be clean but worn and an exceptional value for 55 or so a night! No smoking signs are everywhere and I think previous comments have been taken to heart by management, although admittedly being a smoker my nose is accustomed to it. i didnt witness anyone smoking inside or near entrances. Breakfast was adequate for me, coffee and donuts. I saw a wafflemaker down the hall next to the lobby so maybe they're trying to provide some more variety. Room was cool and dark, a welcome condition when it was 106 deg outside. all appliances, tv and such, seemed to be in good working order with no problems noted. I'd stay here again in a heart beat over another downtown option as the Cherry tree inn is closer to the hospital and again, I though an exceptional value at under 60 bucks. Hopefully they wont read this and up their prices!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend when going to see President Bush speak at a charity event. There's no pool or gym, but we don't care about that. As usual, very good service. Polite staff. Clean (including carpets), quiet, very secure and VERY reasonably priced. Continental breakfast was fresh, with good variety and creamer for coffee. I'm sorry BossDoggie had such a bad experience. Obviously, the motel has no control over the personal behaviors of their guests such as being pursued by the police or smoking.....not their fault. We always stay here, and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Usually very quiet, but we always choose a room on the side with even numbered rooms as 27th street...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Cherry Tree Inn bills itself as family-owned and -operated. As such, it differs somewhat from the run-of-the-mill big-chain motels. For one thing, the water glasses are made of glass rather than plastic. The lobby is attractive. My room was large. The furniture was well worn, but the TV was new. There was always lots of activity in the halls, but it was quiet at night. Breakfast consisted of bagels, sweet rolls, or waffles. There was no cereal, and there was no milk or cream for coffee. The Wi-Fi situation was terrible. I could not get to the Internet while in my room. Roaming around the place, I was able to find a spot where a weak signal came in. But it was sporadic and frequently interrupted. I finally was able to get a halfway decent connection by logging in to the clinic across the street from the motel. The clerk didn't know much about the motel's wireless service and really didn't care. If you're not interested in Wi-Fi and if you don't care about having a decent breakfast, this place should be OK for you. Otherwise, I'd advise you to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the Cherry Tree from Nov 14- 22, 2011. The reason for the stay medical related. I wanted to be close to the Billings Clinic Hospital, where my elderly father was to have surgery. I have stayed at this hotel on 2 other hospital related trips in past years, so I knew from previous experience that this place lacked many amenities, it's ONLY plus is it's location. My room was 205, facing 27th St, a very busy and noisy street that parallels the clinic.
To make this short I will list the good things about the hotel - they are the closest hotel to the Billings Clinic Hospital and they have amazing rocks and fossils in the lobby.
Now for the bad things about the Cherry Tree, this list is very long, unfortunately. The room itself was dark and depressing- carpets were filthy ( my husband said they looked like they hadn't been cleaned in 15 years); curtains hooks were missing so curtains wouldnt close completely; 3 out of 4 lampshades were broken and looked like something out of a horror movie; laundry room was a cave-like room with a rough table that snagged clothes - the washing machine was persnickety and stole quarters every night. The desk person got crotchety when asked for a refund. When the machine broke with my load of laundry in it, he snarled and put an out of order sign on the door, leaving me with a wet, unwashed load of laundry. ARG! The final straw that caused us to check out of this nightmare of a hotel was a police raid of the room next door at 3:30 am. This was after many hours of people coming by said room and knocking on the door every hour, waking us up. I forgot to mention that during this time, there were people smoking somewhere closely in the hotel, totally stinking up our room and causing us to open our patio window to air it out ( outdoor temp was 23 degrees so this tootally sucked for comfort) ....I found out after we left this awful establishment that Montana law is that no smoking is allowed in hotel rooms. Obviously, the Cherry Tree has bigger issues to deal with than pesky smokers!
My husband wanted me to also include a comment about the front desk staff - they are dour and not what you would call customer friendly. I recognized the crew from previous stays in the past 15 years and their temperaments had not improved over time. In their defense, it must be very difficult to work at a place that is so run down and poorly managed.
In conclusion, I would have to say that I will NEVER stay at the Cherry Tree Inn again, I would Not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Cherry Tree Inn? Share your experiences!