“I recommend this motel for anyone staying in the clinic area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Billings
Cherry Tree Inn
823 N 28th St, Billings, MT 59101   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Billings B&B and Inns
Great Falls, Montana
“I recommend this motel for anyone staying in the clinic area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn for nine nights when I came to Billings to support my friend who was having a cancer-related surgical procedure. When my late husband had chronic medical issues, I learned that it's all about location and convenience. This motel is within a very short walking distance from the Billings Clinic and Hospital. When my friend was discharged, the volunteer escort took her right to the motel door in her wheelchair!

Also, Perkins, CVS, KFC, Hardees, and Albertsons are very close. We didn't have to move our vehicle, except when we wanted to go explore the city over the weekend, between my friend's pre-admission work-up and her surgery. There was always parking available close to the door nearest our room.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The daily continental breakfast is a wonderful convenience, and we appreciated the doughnuts, breads, juice, and coffee. This is an older building that has been recently renovated. We had a corner room that had extra space, which was nice when my friend's daughter stayed with us the night before her mom's surgery. Although most of the rooms were occupied during our stay, the building was very quiet, which is important for people as stressed as we were!

There is a computer with Internet access in the lobby, and I was so happy to be able to use it to update our friends and family. I'm sorry to read that some people felt their experience here was not the best, because my friend and I had no complaints, and would definitely stay here again in the future, and have recommended it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for the clinic discount if someone in your party is in Billings for a medical reason!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn in Billings for one night on our way to a wedding in Western Montana. The main attraction was the reasonable price. We arrived around 9 PM after a long day in the car and were happy to find clean and reasonable accommodations. There was a Perkins across the street and we got some take out and ate it in the room. There was free wireless internet, which I appreciated. The breakfast in the morning was okay with rolls and bagels. I saw that they had waffles, but I didn't eat any. The breakfast room was crowded so we took our food back to the room and ate. While the furniture was dated, the bed was surprisingly comfortable and the room was clean and that was all we cared about. We left before 9 AM to head back on the road, and were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed here because the hotel that I usually stay in was full. This place was not highly recommended in the community
1. First of all and most concerning, I found several types of bugs in the room.
2. The stench of stale cigarette smoke was overwhelming
3. The internet did not work. When I called the front desk I was told "Don't ask me, I just work here"!! Prior to this I did not realize that someone would actually have the audacity to say this.
4. The refrigerator did not keep my food cold and so the food was discarded
5. The frond desk staff were so surly and burnt out that I had to wonder what was really gouig on here.
6. The toilet did not flush half of the time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mount Angel, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We found the place clean and had a good room, huge, with two queen beds, couch, chair, etc. Morning coffee and pastries were available. The advertised WiFi connection is not actually IN all of the rooms, but available in the lobby. I found the clerks not as helpful and thoughtful as they might have been.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
eastern montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We definitely appreciate the fact this this establshment was completely non-smoking, but it still stinks! Stale and musty, lacking any ventilation and then the dogs! There were dogs in rooms around us and we could hear them and smell them. Not to mention dodging the piles surrounding the building, right on the sidewalks!
There were black specks jumping (yes, jumping!) around the bathroom floor so I smashed an assortment of them and presented the tissue at the front desk. When I inquired about the species of the bugs an hour or two later I was told that they looked like 'ink spots' on the tissue and denied that they were even bug specks. I asked for a magnifying glass that could show the legs sticking out of the specks and they conveniently didn't have one available. The desk clerk / owner was quite rude and accusatory about me using an ink pen to make the splats on the tissue. When we returned home I sent the tissue to an entomology laboratory and the 'ink spots' were identified as fleas. Be prepared to leave your luggage outside for a few days after you leave the Cherry Tree Inn or else be prepared to flea bomb your home!
I would definitely not reccommend this place to anyone, there are so many better hotels in Billings! Leave your dogs home or take them for a flea dip before you bring them back into your own home.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

This looks like an older place, but it has been excellently maintained. The carpeting, furniture, bedspreads, linens, etc. look new. The rooms are large and well supplied. We had a suite, and it was HUGE. We didn't use it, but there was a small kitchenette supplied with dishes, pots and pans, small appliances, etc. Our room didn't have a shower, but the tub was big and very deep, very relaxing. There is a small continental breakfast, with pastries, coffee, and juice. The breakfast area is tiny though and cramped with even 2 or 3 people eating. It is a local place, but a very good choice. We were just traveling on vacation, but it is located right across from the hospital and is probably used a lot by folks with business and families there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

simply an okay place at an okay price.
Be sure to empty your car. This place is downtown just across from the hospital. I left a toiletries bag in the back seat and got the car window smashed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Cherry Tree Inn? Share your experiences!