“Highly Recommend!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
MT
“Highly Recommend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I went there to celebrate a birthday. About the only thing I didn't like was the free loaf of bread before the meal - also, the salads become pre-dressed, so if you don't like that, be sure to tell them you want the dressing on the side. I had the special that evening, the Ribeye Delmonico - so delicious, we ate the whole thing. The chockecherry ribs fell off the bone.

We went for dinner, so the meal was a bit spendy - but comparable to the other casual fine dining restaurants in Billings. We definitely will be going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Casper, Wyoming
“Excellent Restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

After reading some of the reviews (most of which were out dated), my wife and I were unsure about trying this restaurant until she had lunch there with a group of friends. We made reservations and were pleasantly surprised. We were seated when we arrived, offered drinks shortly after being seated along with fresh bread. My wife asked for a gluten free menu and the waitress said the chef could make most of the items offerd gluten free. She also offered to bring my wife a serving of gluten free bread which was warm and very good. Wine list is small but priced well, we ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir which was good. After hearing about the specials we ordered the specially prepared steak and shared it, hoping to also order dessert. The meal came out hot and presented nicely. The service was prompt but not rushed and the meal was great. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, great food, nice wine, great value. All that we were looking for in a rare night out. Only thing missing was dessert, which sounded great, no room for it this time, maybe next time. Our reservation was at 6:00 on a Friday evening and it was staffed perfectly and friendly.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We have been there twice and each experience was disappointing. The first time there were very few people in the restaurant, bit only one waiter and service was very slow. The food was OK. We decided to give them another chance. This time there were more people and the service was better. But all the food, there were four of us, was cold when it came to the table. We sent some of it back, but that didn't really help. The manager apologized and gave us $5 gift cards, but I don't think we'll go back

Billings, Montana
“Dedicated owner, under-educated staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband, son and I went to dinner...we were excited to see what new ownership has done to this beautiful old building. Unfortunately we were greeted with a view of the staff out smoking out back and then coming in to serve us smelling like smoke. The bad service didn't end there,the waiter didn't know if they had kids menus or what type of wine was in house, he was so bad that we were flagging down other waiters to help us. My elk steak, and my husbands burger were completely dry. The Bruchetta was amazing though. The only thing that saves this place is the heart and dedication of the owner. She was so accomodating and kind. I hope she hires more people like her because this old house needs to have people who care again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“great food, server needs training”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

we ate lunch there and the food was good.we had the smoked trout blt which was very good.we asked the female manager or owner if they smoked the trout in house.she said yes.as we left to go to our car the chef was standing at the back door and i asked him about the smoked trout.unfortunately he gave us another version of how it was smoked.somewhere else.it was still good but the owner or manager should either know what is going on in her kitchen or not fabricate the truth about it.our server was totally inept.we felt like we were an inconvenience to her.rush,rush,rush.she actually pulled an appetizer plate while my lady friend was still dipping her beef in the sauce.she scooped it so fast that i didn't have a chance to stop her..one final thing about the server,her apron was filthy.yuk!!! i know the restaurant has only been open for eight months and the owner's looked young, but they should realize that good food is usually forgotten when the service is as bad as we received..

• Visited November 2012