“Met my expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Billings
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Met my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at many SpringHill Suites and having stayed at this one two years ago I knew exactly what to expect: a clean, quiet room and a nice friendly staff. That's what I received. This is a nice hotel, a bit expensive for some reason but certainly convenient to Billings and I-90.

My only disappointment was the housekeeping service, which needs attention. I worked in my room until 10 am the first day, then left for the remainder of the day. I did have the do not disturb sign on the door until I left but it was removed. When I returned at 6 pm the room hadn't been cleaned. I double checked to make sure that I did indeed take the do not disturb sign off and I had. Also, the maid left me the task of putting the tissue box into the holder under the sink when the other one needed to be replaced. Very unimpressed with this.

Certainly will consider returning as I a a loyal Marriott traveler with 130 paid nights in 2012.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Post Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for a week. When traveling alone, I usually stick pretty close to my hotel and tend to have dinner in my room. I was a little surprised to find no fridge or microwave in my room when I checked in, but found out that they do have a few "floating fridges" you can request when you check in. The microwave in the breakfast area is available 24-7, so that solved the problem. The breakfast was decent, the hotel was very clean, and the room was well decorated and comfortable. I'd read reviews about the train being exceptionally loud, but I never heard it. All in all, a good stay and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Away from the train track side of the hotel, and upper floors away from the elevator always seem to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Carrollton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived at Springhill Suites of Billings, Montana after a week long family ski vacation in Big Sky. Due to the airfare savings, we have flown into and out of Billings (instead of Bozeman) the past 4 years. Finding nice hotel accommodations in Billings is tricky. Most of the issue is due to the fact that Billings is, itself, spread out along the I-90 corridor. It is not a large city, but it is spread into different development pods.

This hotel is in the King Avenue/mall area of the city. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a staff member that appeared to have been watching TV for a good amount of time prior to our arrival. Nevertheless, the gentleman was responsive, and checked us into our 3rd floor room without issue. We booked a King Bed/Sleeper Sofa room, which was clean and standard for the Springhill Suites brand. The hotel also provided us with a Pack n' Play for the baby to sleep. The bathroom and all parts of the room looked to relatively up to date, and we noticed no obvious signs of disrepair.

The hotel itself contained an indoor pool/whirlpool that was small, but functional. One item of note was the dirtiness of the floors in the entry way of the hotel. Given that Montana winters are snowy, an accumulation of dirt from shoes was tracked all over the hotel lobby. Of course, this was just an "initial" appearance thing that I would think the staff would want to address timely.

Location was convenient to the chains of restaurants around the mall. Billings has plenty to eat, but I would not term it a "destination" city. It is a great place to spend the night on your way, and the Springhill Suites of Billings is more than adequate to serve the purpose as well.

Room Tip: Some reviewers commented on the trains; however, I only vaguely heard one during the night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just checked in here as our last night on our Christmas trip, Dec 27. We've got a 3rd floor room and it is soooo nice. The extra living room area is so nice for the kids. The flooring and bed linens are just lovely. We stayed at a Springhill Suites in Orlando and this one is just as beautiful. The beds are soft and comfy with the down comforter and sheets. Plenty of pillows and towels.
We used a friends and family certificate and you have to make a reservation online for that, but it can be done right in the hotel business center.
I'd definitely stay here again. Close to lots of dining choices too as well as shopping. They had a coupon for Old Chicago and discount on dining at the steakhouse behind the hotel as well.

Room Tip: 304 is a lovely room and looks over the parking lot too
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cody, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed for one night and in between medical appointments in Billings so I was there alot during the day for early arrival and late checkout. Very clean and spacious, good beds and pillows. The separate living area has a big sofa (and sleeper) and desk with wifi access and internet cables and TV that swivels to watch from either bed or sofa. Two queen suite would have easily accomodated a family of 4 or 5. Has mini fridge and very tiny microwave, not big enough for cooking but fine to reheat food and store items in refrig. Train line is very close and the whistles were loud in early evening (no whistles after about 10pm). This might be a problem if traveling with young kids or babies, or if you need to turn in very early during travel. Was hard to find the access road in the dark, and I know that part of Billings pretty well. Was a good choice.

Room Tip: If you turn in early, ask for room that is not on side with railroad trains.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Plesant Prairie, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

There's lots of good things to say here. The room was basically quite clean but they get dinged for the smoke odor in the bathroom. Once someone has smoked in a room you cannot remove the odor from the shower curtains. They can't be cleaned, bleached, etc. They have to be replaced. This wasn't done here and because of that I lowered the rating a notch. Also a ding for the lack of any dresser storage in the room for clothes although there is a large closet. Very nice desk area. Microwave and refrigerator but the lighting over that area is poor and really doesn't illuminate the work space area well. Beds were OK as was the shower. A ding for being chintzy and no hand/body lotion among the toiletries. This is an area where skin can get very dry quickly and other Marriott chain properties have this. I had to make a minor repair to the bathroom sink. Good breakfast and a very friendly desk staff. Location isn't bad except for train noise that may bother some people. If the things that the people who work here should have caught and corrected in the room had been taken care of I would have rated it higher.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Versailles, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The photos on the Marriott website were obviously taken before the place was refurbished (I looked in August 2012 and stayed in Sept.) Very pleasant rooms with lots of space, extremely clean. Good location near restaurants (Texas Roadhouse just behind) and I90. Trains nearby though which can be quite noisy in the evening and breakfast was just about okay, not a huge choice of healthy options. All in all, good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Billings? Share your experiences!