“Not as bad as I thought it would be.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Billings
Portland, Oregon
“Not as bad as I thought it would be.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I booked this room - and prepaid for it, before I came here to check out the reviews (bad, I know). Some of the reviews were so bad that I thought I might just eat the money and find another hotel. But I stuck with this one, and I'm glad I did.

1. The property is now fully renovated. No construction noise. Great appearance in keeping with other hotels in this chain.

2. The property is now fully non-smoking, so no worries there, either.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and it was clean. There was a blood spot on the sheets that was a little disconcerting, but I was frankly too tired to report it, and it was clear that the sheets were clean, despite the little stain.

My only complaint is that the common areas were not clean enough - dirt and handprints on the exterior doors, the elevator doors, etc. But for the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Aardvark1223,

Thank you for your stay, and providing feedback. I'm happy to hear you were pleased with the room accommodations and quiet property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had due to the condition and the cleanliness of the hotel and facilities. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Hailey, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

We can count on consistency with Holiday Inn. Not in Billings. Front desk clerk very defensive and NOT customer friendly. King room we reserved was NOT cleaned from previous customers. It was THE ONLY king room left. Had to settle for two queen room which smelled of smoke. Asked for a different room. Finally one that was ok but not without attitude from front desk. Oh, manager on duty, not.

• Stayed July 2012
21Jackie1974, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We are so sorry you expirenced problems during your stay with use,We at the Holiday Inn Express strive to be the best we can be.We enjoy getting feed back from our guest on their stay with us,so we know the next time they stay with us will be a great one.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on March 23, 2012. We are a family of four; two adults and 2 children under 6. We were on a road trip from Denver, CO to Helena, MT and we stopped here overnight.

The hotel was easy to get to right off the interstate. We arrived after midnight and were given a room with a king bed and fold out couch. My husband asked if he wanted to join the rewards program and he saved $30 on the room. Room rate was $99.

The room had a king bed with couch that folded out to a bed for our kids. All in one room. There was a small fridge and coffee maker. The room was nice; well maintained. We really only needed it for a quick overnight so our expectations were low. Bathroom well kept. I will make note that there is only one plug in close to the bathroom and I had a hairdryer and flat iron that both have big plugs and both couldn't be plugged in at the same time. An outlet just outside on the wall near the full length mirror would be helpful. I usually travel with an extension cord on road trips but forgot this time.

In the morning my husband and kids went to breakfast while I showered. I believe it was continental. They didn't say much about it. We packed up and were on the road by 10 AM. There's a gas station near the hotel that was convenient for refueling.

The hotel does have free internet.

It was a nice enough stay but we prefer hotels with separate sleeping areas from common areas so the kids can sleep better.

Room Tip: This hotel was the first off the interstate as we entered town from the south. Continue further in...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
EPHRATA, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Title says it all, a little difficult to access and not for large rigs, gas station is handy and some fast food close but nothing for a sit down eating place real close(at least that I could see),.within walking distance. I only spent one evening there on my way south, nothing to complain about, the motel is well kept and knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cody, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

when we checked in, the front desk clerk was NOT friendly.
she looked as though she was about 15 years old, and she was so snide! She wasn't even dressed properly.

she did not ask if I was a priority club member.

The room was nice, and it was clean, but i think there needs to be heavier blankets on the bed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

To start off, when we arrived, the whole place smelled like smoke. I understand its a smoking/non-smoking hotel, but YUCK!!! I got to the front desk, had to ring a bell to get service. The lady that checked us in didn't even look like she worked there. Not ONCE while there was there someone at the front desk...we always had to ring the bell to get service. We entered our room, about 10 minutes later someone entered our room...and "oops we thought it was vacant". I called down to get a wake-up call at the front desk, the phone rang, rang, and rang some more...the agent picked it up and immidiatley put me on hold...for about 20 minutes. All I needed was a wakeup call!!! The business centers computers wouldn't work for us at all...I needed directions and ended up using my own computer and just writing them down on a piece of paper. Breakfast was ok...the attendant was not friendly at all. She just kept walking past us like we were bothering her. I would have rather paid way more for a different place. Not impressed at all!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We're regular users of the Holiday Inn Express line. The one in Billings MT did not live up to our expectations. When we made the reservation, they should have mentioned that construction would be taking place starting at 8 AM. Also, there were no refrigerators or microwaves in the room which are usually pretty standard for HIE. The in-room internet connection was so slow that our laptop would not stay connected so we had to use the "business center" where the keyboards were dirty and grungy.
The worst thing was the location (we reserved sight-unseen by phone). There were no restaurants in the vicinity and the main area of restaurants was 4 freeway exits away, a distance of 10 miles. We will not stay there again. Overall, a gloomy place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!