“Okay for pizza” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Bayside, Wisconsin
“Okay for pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Difficult for us to find off the highway. Since we were on a road trip from Milwaukee to Seattle, this was important to us. We spent a lot longer looking for it than we wanted. I think our navigation system was confused with 960 W South 24th St instead of 960 South 24th St W. When we drove up, a truck full of wood was being unloaded.

I started with the Greek salad. The greens could have been washed more as they were gritty. I picked at the other ingredients, which were plentiful. The ingredients seemed fresh, and the salad was huge. Definitely share the salads.

The four cheese pizza was good, but unlike European Quatre Fromages pizzas. There was no blue cheese. It’s clearly stated on the menu, but it was different from what we expected.

The Crazy Mountain was good, although the spicy sausage was odd. My son loved it, but I didn’t care for it. The 14” pizza is a good size for two people.

The tomato, garlic, and basil pizza was also good.

As for wine, they only serve by the glass. You are not allowed to bring in your own bottle either. When we asked for two glasses of Zinfandel, we noticed that the waitress reached for the white Zinfandel bottle. I quickly ran to her and corrected the order. If you want a red Zinfandel be sure to order red or you will probably get the white.

The food was fine and the wine selection poor. If we returned to this area, I would look for a different restaurant unless we were craving pizza.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great pizza in Billings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate here during a stopover in Billings. The wood fired pizza is a nice change from normal pizza. The thin crust was excellent although there could have been a little more cheese on our pie. Right next to an Old Chicago if you want a more standard pizza, although I would go here instead.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“OK, but nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Usually when I see "wood fired" I expect the kind of thin crust pizza similar to what one finds in Italy. Bullman's serves a medium crust that could be made in any oven. My wife and I ordered a mushroom, pepper, and Italian sausage. While the sauce and veggies were fine, the sausage was the generic Domino's type, little round balls. When I see Italian sausage on a menu, I expect coin like pieces sliced from an actual sausage. The other type comes frozen in a bag from any restaurant purveyor. Service was fine, and other than the sausage, the pizza was not bad but certainly nothing special. And it was a tad pricey for pizza. I would not trash the place, but I don't think I would return if in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good pizza, little high priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I liked that this place had many varieties of pizza. The pizza was good but the pizzas weren't very big for their price. It is good but a little pricy.

Alberta
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a great place for pizza. You can taste the wood smoke in the crust. It is informal and fun and the service was great. I would highly recommend this place if you feel like pizza.

• Visited June 2013