“I slept better in my car at a rest stop.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Motel 6 Billings to your Saves list
Motel 6 Billings
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5400 Midland Rd, Billings, MT 59102   |
Ranked #43 of 48 Hotels in Billings
“I slept better in my car at a rest stop.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I check in exhausted, I mean tired.
1. First key card doesn't work.

2. After new key card, door is jammed shut, back to the office I go, again, I'm exhausted.

3. They get the door open and the attendant walks away. I look into the room and its obviously unclean as the bedding is wadded up on the floor.

4. THIRD trip to the office for a new room. Get the key card and walk into the new room. It reeks, and I mean downright reeks of set in cigarette smoke. (I knowingly got a smoking room, but didn't think it'd smell like an ashtray).

5. Stains on the floor, dirty towels, lipstick smudge on the sink, and a TERRIBLY uncomfortable bed.

I tried sleeping, but I don't think I slept very well at all. In fact, a couple days later, I slept in my car at a rest stop in Minnesota and by far it was a better night sleep. That's sad, especially when I paid over 60 dollars for a room at this place. I will probably never consider motel 6 again, especially when my car is more comfy lol.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fox Island, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This particular Motel 6 should shut the light off, tear the place down, and burn the residue. It's a bad mark on an otherwise hard-trying line. The service was challenging, there is a charge for wi-fi. Huh? that's not necessary. My wife, who has spend many nights in the field in her 20 yr Army career, would not even take a shower there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guernsey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

First impression of the non-smoking queen-size room was that it was an average Motel 6. However, around 1130 at night when I went to sleep in the bed I found that there were skin flakes in the sheets. The sheets had obviously not been cleaned. Also, the next morning while going to take a shower I noticed one of the "clean" towels that were hanging on the wall had orange crust on it and had not been cleaned either. However, the motel is in a good location and is easy to find. There are good people who were also staying there, mostly travelers from all over the country. My recommendation if you are staying here is to inspect the sheets and towels immediately upon arrival to insure they are clean and so you can get replacements right away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Billings, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear 439Shannon - We apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered with the sheets and towels in your room. Thank you for sharing your review, and please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Elma, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

NASTY!! I don't know where they got that photo from, but it sure isn't this Hotel. Carpet in room was horribly dirty, no nothing in room, not even toiletries (there was a bar of soap), iif you wanted internet it was 2.99 extra (really?). Burn hole in comforter, horrible reception on crappy 20 yr old 19" tv., should I keep going? I am assuming that Hotel 6's are owned independently, so who ever is in charge of standards needs to slap these people. Ya, unless you are desperate move along.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Billings, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear ThePirate B - Thanks for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness, bedding conditions and TV reception issues you experienced. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Rochester, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

After checking into this motel, it quickly became clear it was $80 of wasted money for my son and me to stay the one night. I will admit the room appeared clean (thank goodness), but the entire motel had a smoky/musty smell (our room was non-smoking). Our room was extremely spartan: no coffee maker, no refrigerator, no microwave, no hair dryer, no kleenex, one used soap! It was the bare minimum. The beds were okay but the pillows resembled the hilly countryside we had just travelled through as did the muscles in our necks the next morning after our terrible night's sleep. We were originally told internet access could be purchased but this was not true as they were "out of access codes", and the computer could "not be accessed for more codes". No free breakfast in the morning completed our worst motel stay ever. The only redeeming feature was the Cracker Barrel Restaurant next door! This will absolutely be the last time we EVER stay at a Motel 6. Sleeping in our car would be a huge improvement! My son and I have laughed many times already over this terrible motel stay, so it did serve some useful purpose :)

Room Tip: I would avoid this motel if at all possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Billings, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear pat k - We sincerely apologize for your recent unpleasant experience with us; the unavailable Wi-Fi service, odor and comfort issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Regarding the lack of a microwave, coffee maker, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We were on motorcycles weather was bad we had to stay. First the staff was very friendly. The rooms are run down hair in the shower sheets do not fit. Noticed the mattres because the sheet came off , it was discusting. Carpet dirty, Owners need to spend money on cleaning rooms. I would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Billings, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear dolmc - Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for recognizing our friendly team. We apologize for the room conditions and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay; these issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My son was biten by bed bugs in this hotel and now has MRSA has been in and out of the hospital since june 14th and we made a complaint then few days later the hotel called us liars and tossed out our claim. My son does not deserve this he is only 3 months old!!!!!! We will never stay here EVER again!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Motel 6 Billings? Share your experiences!