“Horrible service, dirty rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Western Inn Motel
3311 2nd Avenue North, Billings, MT 59101   |
Ranked #32 of 45 hotels in Billings
Missoula, Montana
“Horrible service, dirty rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

From the minute we walked in the woman working at the front desk, Sara, was rude. She was condescending and when we mentioned how unprofessional it was that they quoted us one thing and then charged us a lot more, she said "whatever". Overall the experience was negative and I wouldn't suggest this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
westerninnbillings, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
When making a reservation online. it is thoroughly explained to you that taxes and fees were not charged and will be charged on arrival. Secondly our front desk personnel do not answer a simple question like that with "whatever." They are trained to tell the guests that taxes and fees are excluded, and you, being the customer, agreed to this term when booking the reservation. I assume that you did not read this term, and judging by your review I am correct. Lastly, you are the first customer to ever comment about "horrible service" because at Western Inn all of our personnel are professionally trained and we strive to provide our guests with the best customer service. Thank you for your time. "Your Home Away From Home."
Guest Relations Manager

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Swift Current, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nothing like the pictures on the internet. Our room was very dissappointing. The rug was dirty and stained very bad, the bathroom had hair all over the floor and the baseboards were filty. The fan in bathroom made alot of noise, and all night you could hear noises from outside. The wall behind the headboard had a ton of dust on it. The fridge had not been cleaned for quite awhile, very sticky stuff all over the inside. The service downstairs was great, but they really need to update, and hire some good help for cleaning. Also, the room was very hot at night to sleep, had to keep the window open abit. Would advise to find a better Motel next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
westerninnbillings, Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your review and the kind comment about our staff. Almost every single one of our rooms has received a new carpet. We vacuum and dust our rooms daily. Also our housekeepers make sure that all of the appliances are clean. Since our motel runs on central heating and air our guest prefer the heating to be on, because during this season in Montana it tends to get very cold during the night, this is the reason we turn on the heating. We thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon.
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I made a reservation and when I arrived at the motel at 2am the doors were locked, lights were off, but the sign said they were open. I called the next day to see if I could be refunded. The lady who answered just rambled off their cancelation policy and hung up. I called again to see if I could speak to a manager and the guy who answered said I could email to get in contact with one. However, he would not connect me directly. Then he had the nerve to say that he was looking at the security footage, said I wasn't even there and called me a liar. I ended up emailing and asked for the manager to please call me regarding my reservation. They responded via email, not phone call like I asked, and pretty much said that I was wrong, their staff was very polite to me and that I was denied my refund. Last time I checked being polite doesnt mean being hung up on or being called a liar. Not once did anyone apologize or try to make things better. Horrible customer service!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review, but I am sorry to tell you that all of the information you have provided in your review is incorrect. In this motel we have brand new mattresses with fitted sheets and a mattress protector to keep out the stains which is public accommodation standard procedure. In the bathrooms our housekeepers set freshly cleaned towels everyday. Also all of the electrical appliances(microwave, television, refrigerator, lights, fixtures, etc.) are new and up to date. Our night front desk clerk has never refused to answer a question to any one of our guests. Most of our information about the extra fees that apply is given to the guests upon arrival, but is also stated on our page on Booking.com. We are sorry you are upset about the charges, but our rooms are pristine and presentable.
Casper, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

You think you are getting a deal, but its not true. The price on booking.com does not include the $3 PER person fee the hotel charges PER night. This adds 10-20% on to your bill depending on the size of your family. Once in the room, you are greeted by dust, stains, old hand towels to be used as bath towels, and old cheap fixtures. When was the last time you saw a microwave with a turn dial?

The next best surprise is no fitted sheets. They just use flat sheets that don't stay on and a plastic sheet on the mattress. It's so comfortable to wake up stuck to the plastic in the middle of the night.

Some reviews claim good service, but that was not my experience. The night front desk clerk was incredibly rude and had no concept of customer service. She appeared very inconvenienced when I dared to ask one question and refused to answer it.

We will never stay here again. Sometimes trying to save a buck... Just isn't worth it

Room Tip: Read the reviews first
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
uncle2sam, Owner at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Western Inn Billings. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this review. I actually know that this review is blackmail because the guest(you) did not stay for the night. Your credit card had insufficient funds and you were trying to pay cash. Our policy states you must have a deposit if you plan to pay with cash upon check-in, which you did also not have enough funds for. Upon hearing this, you were upset and did not want to stay with us anymore and you also wanted to cancel the reservation. Our cancellation policy, on Booking.com, also states that to cancel a reservation you must do so 3 days prior to the reservation. This being said, you were now furious and demanded a refund. Another one of our policies also states that there are no refunds allowed unless cancelled 3 days prior to the stay. Upon hearing this also you decided to leave and did not come back to stay with us. Nothing has been charged to the guest because of insufficient funds, which the guest is also putting his credit card on hold because he does not want to pay the cancellation fee. This review was solely for blackmail purposes, and we would like to clarify that.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Western Inn Motel in Billings, Montana. I have traveled most of my life both for business and pleasure and have never seen a hotel that reminds you (in their 'Guest Folio') about their online review policies.

I found the room well below my expectations which were not that high given the approximately $80 paid for room, taxes, etc. The hotel did not meet my most basic requirements for cleanliness, age of mattress and room maintenance.

The staff was polite enough but it did not make up for the far less than acceptable room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Western Inn for one night while traveling through Montana. It was apparent that the motel tries to cut corners (very thin and small towels, curtains not adequate to block outside light, noisy fan in bathroom, etc.). On the other hand the room was adequate, the bed was reasonably comfortable, and the women who were on duty in the afternoon when we checked in and in the morning when we had breakfast were friendly and helpful. The motel also has a snack bar in the lobby that sells snacks and sodas, which is a useful feature. As we were about to leave the next morning my wife decided that she wanted an ice cream bar and so we went into the lobby to purchase one. The woman who was there for breakfast was no longer there and a man had taken her place. When we got the ice cream bar out of the freezer the man informed us that the price was $3. When I asked him why the price last night was only $1.50 he became very agitated and demanded that we pay $4.50 for the ice cream bar as though it was our fault that we were charged $1.50 the previous evening. He also accused us of stealing even though we had done nothing wrong. Considering his attitude there was no way I was going to buy anything from him so I told him to keep his ice cream bar. He then became even more obnoxious and demanded we leave, which we were happy to do since it was obvious that he was irrational. We will not be staying at the Western Inn again since we believe that it is prudent to avoid unstable people.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
westerninnbillings, General Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review. After you checked-out our manager checked your room, and everything was clean and functional. We are sorry that you are upset about the price of our ice cream, but you were leaving without paying and we had to call you to pay.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Late night arrival. I was charged extra for adding my minor child. Room didn't have air conditioning and was quite room. We were on the first floor and toward the alley so couldn't leave window open to cool the room. The wallpaper, bathroom, linens and carpeting look dated. for what I paid, I expected it to be nicer.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,
Almost every hotel in Montana and Nationwide states that a child staying over the age of 12 is applicable for a charge. During this season our hotel runs a central heating system because it tends to get cold and all of our rooms have windows that you can open if you are getting too hot. Also everything(wallpaper, linen, carpets, etc.) in our rooms are up-to-date. We hope to see you back soon.
Western Inn Billings

Been to Western Inn Motel? Share your experiences!