“Worth staying with would hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

3311 2nd Avenue North, Billings, MT 59101   |
Ranked #32 of 47 hotels in Billings
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Delhi
“Worth staying with would hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this motel during my visit to Billings,Montana recently. They picked me up from the airport and the room was very clean and well managed though not that big. Bathroom was clean and tidy. Breakfast was perfect with great customer service and hospitality. I really would recommend this motel for good sleep,clean rooms at reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
westerninnbillings, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this great review, we highly appreciate it! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Western Inn and the great hospitality as well. We always do our best to give our guests the best we can. We hope sometime in the future you come back to visit. Thanks again! "Your Home Away From Home!"

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Coleman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to Az. and for the price it was a good place to stop. Nothing fancy but it was a clean, comfortable room. After a long day of driving it was nice to have a great bed to sleep. If we travel this way again we would stay here for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
westerninnbillings, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this great review! We appreciate the time you took to give us your positive feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, our affordable prices, our comfy beds, and our friendly service! We definitely look forward to your next visit, and hope you will enjoy your next visit much more! Thank you once again! "Your Home Away From Home!"
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The concierge was very nice and friendly. I got in very late and had to be up early the next morning, and the service was quick and easy. The rooms were not bad at all. Very clean, had a microwave, and a nice balcony. The walls did have patches of non-matching wallpaper pasted over what I assume were holes. The bathroom was also clean but very small and didn't include a hairdryer. I also used the shuttle, and even though it didn't run until 7 am, he made accommodations for me to leave at 4 am. The shuttle was ready for me and got me to the airport right on time. When I got back, I called them and was picked up within 10 minutes.
Overall, my stay here was excellent. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and great shuttle service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
westerninnbillings, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback! We highly appreciate the time you took to give us your feedack! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, the friendly service, and all the amentities provided. We hope to see you back soon at Western Inn! "Your Home Away From Home!"
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here in June of 2012. Had I written a review then, I would have raved about the room, the cleanliness and comfort of it, and the staff. After my recent November of 2012 stay, I will say good things about the children of this hotel's owner, but the room, well, that was another story. There was no iron, no luggage holder, no "do not disturb" sign, no blow dryer, the TV channels were truncated compared to the channels I had in June, I had to ask for a refill on the facial tissues (there was just 1 tissue in the dusty bathroom holder when I got there), and the bed was a single ?queen? in a room designed for 2 doubles--you had to be Stretch Armstrong to turn out the lights from your bed. The room was dusty and I got the feeling it was a room from which parts were cannibalized.

Saddest and most "we really don't care about you, our paying guest/customer" was the state of the bathroom: June, I must have had an "after" room; November, I must have had a "before" room. November's bathroom was not a bathroom you would make available to anyone but someone for whom you had a real and permanent contempt: There were 8 light bulbs that could be placed above the washbowl. One light bulb was missing. The other 7 were dirty. By the time I left, 3 had burned out. To add to the unwelcoming feeling of my room this visit was the presence (which defies common sense) of wallpaper in the bathroom. DUH! The wallpaper was dirty, coming loose, and had been haphazardly and unevenly placed in the first place. There was an area right by the dingy, mildewed-tile shower stall of the wall that was plastered. The bathroom door still had those little plastic holders that are screwed into a door to hold a mirror, but the mirror was very much gone. The bathroom door was entertaining in its state of repair: It was cracked, but someone had used clear plastic packaging tape to tape the inside and the outside of the door together. The bathroom light switch was dirty; I got in the habit of crooking my finger when I turned the light on and off, as I did not want to dirty my fingertips. I even pathetically tried to clean the dirty light switch plate with my brand new facial tissue! supply and soap. The countertop around the washbowl was not level: Water from normal hand-washing would spill on the counter and make its way to the floor, but not before being interrupted by the shredded, loose, missing plastic (formica?) that once covered the visible edge of the counter, but now had a few pieces missing.

Welcome to the world of defensive hotel-staying. Check your room before you stay in this hotel. I was saddened and disgusted by the state of my room this visit, and saddened to see that trash left outside stayed where it was for days. I do understand that efficiently running a hotel must be complex indeed. I also understand that as a paying guest, I deserve the respect of the hotel owner and should not have to bring dirt, dust, nonworking fixtures, and inadequate supplies to the attention of the staff. If they are choosing to put you in a room, it is their job to make sure it is ready for you.

I plan on finding another place to stay if/when I revisit Billings. I am tired of fighting for what I am paying for.

Room Tip: Check your room before you pay for it.
Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
westerninnbillings, Owner at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback.
Thanks,
Western Inn
On the other end of your computer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The room was very nice looking with up to date pictures and sconces on the wall. The Visio tv was awesome wit with the addition of the satellite box it was confusing to get the system to work with the TWO remote controls. I had to call the from desk on how to get the tv to work.

The bed was new pillow top with memory foam. I did not like it but you might the pillows,3, were thin so I used two and the wife used the thicker one. The bed was also VERY tall off the floor. This was no problem for us and may not be the case in all the rooms.

One towel was either used and put away dirty or it had some stains on it. The larger towel made be laugh out loud because it must have been very old and washes many, many times as it was nothing but a ball of strings. It would make a good towel for your pet and if you were frugle, to use yourself, but certainly not as a guest towel.

The hall door was thin as far as noise goes and the window was thin as well. We could hear quite a bit in the parking lot.

Fridge was cold. The overall room was very comfy.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I even called ahead of time and they read my "note" entered on the online reservation that I was arriving late.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
westerninnbillings, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, we definitely appreciate the feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed our service, our friendliness, and the decor of the room. Concerning the towels and the pillows, we would have been glad to replace them if we were informed, but we were not. We are also glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you choose Western Inn again! Thank you, "Your Home Away From Home!"
Dillon, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

As I continue to stay at the Western Inn on my many trips to Billings, it seems more like visiting family than merely staying at a motel. David and his family go out of their way to make sure everything is okay. On one trip by myself, my car was hit (elsewhere in Billings) and they helped me reattach the damanged parts so I could at least get back home. They also spent time with me so I would not be so stressed. David called me twice on my way home to make sure everything was okay and that I arrived safely. To me, that showed a lot of concern. I will continue to stay with the Western Inn family and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
westerninnbillings, General Manager at Western Inn Motel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for this brillaint review! We definitely appreciate your feedback, and your company at Western Inn! We are so glad you enjoy your stay every time when you visit! We always want to make all our guests feel like famliy, and we are so glad we have such a huge family at Western Inn! We definitely look forward to your next stay! Hope to see you soon, thanks once again! "Your Home Away From Home!"
David
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

unclean, poor bed.....your feet are higher than your head and the bed sagged in the middle

it advertises free parking and free airport shuttle but they charge for parking after one day and if you shuttle earlier than 7am they charge

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Our shuttle service on our website is stated, "PARK & RIDE SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT US," in big bold letters, so all of our guests understand. Anyway, we did compromise and understand your financial situation, so we allowed you to park for two weeks without any charge. We also gave you a complimentary shuttle ride at 4 A.M., and also picked you up from the airport. Concerning the bed issue, this is the first time we've had someone concerned about our beds; our matresses are new and the rooms have been fully remodeled. At Western Inn we do our best, and try our hardest to help all of our guests. We definitely hope you visit next time, thanks! "Your Home Away From Home!"

Been to Western Inn Motel? Share your experiences!