“Great accomodation for medical appointment overnite stays” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE 20% OFF ROOM RATES
Ranked #27 of 47 hotels in Billings
Lewistown MT
“Great accomodation for medical appointment overnite stays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Well, we completed another excellent stay ( 2 nites this time) at the Hilltop Inn. This lodging facility in Billings has been great to stay at during our many medical trips to see doctors, have surgeries, and to visit family in Billings. It is next door to St Vincent Healthcare facilities, Billings Clinic, Yellowstone Medical Center, and Yellowstone Surgery Center.

The staff is very professional in taking care of our requests and needs while staying there. My wife is on disability and uses a powered wheelchair. We find that our reserved rooms are always clean and smell fresh.

The daily courtesy copy of the local Billings Gazette newspaper is enjoyed and the continental breakfast is a nice start to the day.

We have been very pleased with our welcome by the hosts of the Hilltop. We have taken advantage of the availability of this hotel since 2004.

Thanks, Clark & Sandra Whitehead

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

My family and I stayed here while we were in town visting family. I cannot tell you how impressed I was! Sometimes when you stay at the smaller hotels, you do not get the best quality. That was NOT the case here! The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and it was one of the best stays at a hotel we have had. The beds were comfortable, the hotel was quiet. My kids are light sleepers and nothing woke them up! I would stay here anytime we are in town and I would recommend anyone who travels through Billings.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I stayed at the hilltop inn after an unexpected week long stay at St. Vincent's hospital. The location next to the hospital was what drew me to the inn because I wanted to be sure if I continued to have respiratory issues after leaving the hospital I would be close to help. I made the first mistake by checking into a room I had not seen around noon. I did not actually enter the room until around midnight at which point my friends who dropped me off and I immediately noticed the room smelt strongly of ammonia. I informed the lady at the front desk, Diane, of the problem and she gave me some lysol spray but the inn was full and she had nowhere else to put me. I stayed the first night, not sleeping and not breathing well because of the poor air quality but first thing in the morning requested they move me to another room for the next night. The staff was friendly and told me they would move me, and I pulled all my stuff from the room to make it easy for them. Trying to give them a chance to make it right was my second mistake. When I returned at 8pm that night they informed me I was still booked for the same room, they had nowhere else to put me, and they would not refund me for the night. I checked out immediately that evening, the risk to my health was far greater than any "medical discount" could cover. I spoke to the manager the next morning with the hope that she would at the very least refund me for the night I didn't stay. She denied my request and even denied there was a problem.

Don't stay here, it isn't worth it and there are other places near the hospital. This is the first bad review I have ever written of anywhere. If you do stay here and experience a similar problem contact the Yellowstone County Health Department, they are collecting complaints against the Hilltop.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
himanagerBillings, Manager at Hilltop Inn by Riversage, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
With regard to the comment posted by “greyphilosophy, Seattle, WA” on TripAdvisor on August 12, 2010 about Hilltop Inn, Billings, Montana. Following the posting of this comment, at our request the Yellowstone County Health Department came to Hilltop Inn and inspected the room in question. The Health Inspector gave us a glowing report, with no violations, problems, or concerns. This report is available in my office for anyone wishing to see it. It is untrue that the County Health Department is “collecting complaints against the Hilltop.”

Hilltop Inn takes great pride in our cleanliness. This guest did check into the room in the early afternoon and went straight to his room. I personally spoke with him after he had been in the room for awhile, and he did not have any complaints at that time. After this guest complained about an odor from the air conditioner late at night, the room was checked by the night auditor -- and again first thing the following morning by the Assistant Manager, Head Housekeeper, and Maintenance Supervisor. They let the air conditioner run for a significant amount of time and could detect no odor. Unfortunately, we were unable to move the guest as this is our busiest time of year and there were no vacancies. We waited all day to talk with the guest, who did not return to the hotel until that evening, and then demanded a refund from our night clerk.

The following morning, this guest confronted me and demanded a refund – or threatened to post a negative comment and complain to the County Health Department if his request was not granted.

Hilltop Inn has a preventive maintenance program that calls for monthly and annual maintenance on each room air conditioner, and we keep records on this activity. The filter from this guest’s room is cleaned monthly, most recently on July 22, 2010. Once a year, we pull each room air conditioning unit out of the wall for service. This process takes approximately 45 minutes per HVAC unit and is a comprehensive cleaning and maintenance process. Annual cleaning on the HVAC unit in question was performed on May 21, 2010. Since this comment was posted, we have requested several of our regular guests to walk into this room and have asked them if they detect any odor. They do not smell anything and report no problems.

Hilltop Inn receives excellent reviews from our annual inspections by the County Health Department. The Health Department is not “collecting complaints against the Hilltop.”

We invite everyone to stay with us and personally see the quality of our hotel.

Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

The reviews for this hotel sounded good so we booked this on our way to Yellowstone. I don't know where the friendly and helpful employees have gone, but they were not there the evening and morning we were. They charged us $15 more for booking through AAA, had a sign on the counter to remove everything from the car because there was a possibility of car break-ins, and had limited vision of the hotel sign which made it difficult to locate. The refrigerator, microwave and closet area looked good, but the TV and phone were antiquated and the room looked dingy even if it was clean. The breakfast was far below par with very limited seating. Skip this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
himanagerBillings, General Manager at Hilltop Inn by Riversage, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
I have had 2 very nice conversations with this guest since she left the Hilltop Inn. I would like to address a few of her concerns.
The reason we could not lower her rate was due to the fact she was at a commissionable rate.
As far as the sign at the front desk concerning car break-ins, the hotel at this time has had no break-ins. We like to remind everyone not to have any valuables left in their car to try to prevent any car break ins. Like any other city, Billings has had a fair amount of car break-ins and at the Hilltop Inn we do try to protect our guests and give them a friendly reminder to remove items from their car.
We take comments very serious at the Hilltop Inn and try to provide exceptional service to all of our guests.
missoula, mt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in Billings and NOT once have I had any problems with smoke, in fact it's a no smoking facility. I have serious issues w/ smoking/smokers and NEVER have had an issue while staying there. The hospitality at this hotel is by far one of the very few that they really care about their customers. The continental breakfast was awesome too!! I would recommend this to anyone and I can promise you will enjoy your stay there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Bridger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

I frequently stay with the fine folks at the Hilltop (about once a week or more for the last 5-6 years). This place is almost a second home for me. It is within a short walking distance to both hospitals, other medical specialities and a very short ride to and from the airport (which the staff will arrange for you if you need a ride). A couple of the things I enjoy is the lack of a TV blaring away in the lobby and the frehly popped popcorn in the afternoon. It has a very calming, quiet atmosphere about it , however it is occasionaly broken by helicopters responding to and from both hospitals, but that noise factor can be said of all the hotels in the area. I find the rooms comfortable and clean. I have yet to hear loud noises from adjoining rooms or the hallways. I can safely say that it is a good place to hang your hat for the night.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Billings, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

I have the great pleasure of staying at this hotel every week, sometimes for two or three days weekly. I am on call at the nearby hospital and stay here when I am on call. I am able to always get a reservation at a very good rate, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and mostly it is very quiet. I can work all night and still be able to sleep during the day without being disturbed. I can also walk here in the middle of the night and feel safe. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone travelling here and to anyone, especially our patients and their families. It is very accomodating to persons staying at the hospital or for families with loved ones in the hospital. Besides, they have nice floweres and a fireplace for those cold Montana evenings!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilltop Inn by Riversage? Share your experiences!