“Fianlly Great Authentic Indian Food in Billings” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 278 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Indian
Description: billingsgazette.com/.../article_ff003d50-07c1-11df-a999-001cc4c03286.html
Billings, Montana
“Fianlly Great Authentic Indian Food in Billings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

My wife and I lived in England for a while. While there we ate a lot of Indian cuisine. Indian cuisine has surpassed fish and chips as the nation food of England. Since then, we have eaten Indian food in any city we visit and have always wanted an Indian restaurant in Billings.
Today, quite by chance, we found Taste of India at 216 North Broadway. The storefront is unassuming and we would not have noticed it without the Now Open banner. The restaurant decor is casual and unpretentious. It was ~ 1420 and the lunch buffet was finishing so we ordered off the menu. I had the Chicken Vindaloo and my wife had the Chicken Korma. We also order the sampler platter of naan bread. The meal came with Basmati rice. The proprietor asked the desired level of spiciness as many people's heat tolerance is different. I like mine very spicy and my wife not so much. It is always difficult to get really good ethnic foods as far from the coasts as we are in Billings. To our surprise the food was outstanding. The level of spiciness was as ordered. The food was as good as the best restaurants we dined in London and the south of England. So, if you want an accurate and delicious taste of Indian Cuisine this is the best in the area.
Hopefully the proprietor's beer and wine license will be approved soon as a good ale is the only thing I would add to round out the meal.
A final note if you are looking for 'fast food' this is not it. It takes a little time to make food this good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere