“It did the job for us” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Billings
United States
“It did the job for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The place is a little rough around the edges from the outside for sure. Check in was a bit of a hassle; they didn't seem to be able to pull up our reservation, and we got an occupied room at first. The room was pretty nice though, and I really like the location closer to downtown and the airport. A little small breakfast in the morning. Most of all it is one of, if not the cheapest option in Billings. To me that makes it worth while. Would stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here to fly out the next day.....basic hotel with a good rate, can keep your car onsite while traveling, and they will shuttle you up and back.....3 minutes to the airport......Rockpile bar and restaurant next door.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

I was in recently in Bllings for a medical procedure, and because I live in Wyoming, (and 150 miles from Billings), I decided to drive up the day before, to avoid traveling so early, the day of my procedure. I shopped online to find a motel close to the hospital, and one that took pets, (as I always travel with my dog) allowed smoking possible, and wasnt terribly overpriced. There were cheaper hotels near by, and obnoxiously over-priced choices as well. and I did read the reviews, and based on reviews, my needs, and budget, I chose the Roadway Inn. BAD MISTAKE! We arrived about 4:30pm, (check in is 3pm). And based on the outside, it was a little less than I expected for the price, but not alarming. But the following is what we encountered upon opening the door. Carpets completely filthy, with substantial debries, very heavily stained, and no pad underneath, just cement. Two full beds, (not queens as advertised) and neither bed had box springs! The beds just sat on the cheap wood box frames. The sheets didn't fit and so the mattresses were exposed, and were torn and stained. No pillow cases on pillows, and four flat small, disgusting pillows, just thrown on top of beds. The smell in the room was awful! Upon opening fridge, I discovered someone else's leftover food! The bath floor was dirty and damaged, and cigarette burns lined the top of the tub rim and sink top. The toilet seat paint was chipped, and bath walls had damaged and rotting drywall. I called the desk about missing pillow cases, and they told me "they are in the dryer" and someone would bring then when they were done. I was dumbfounded! Bed spreads were filthy, and blankets stained and torn. Patched holes in walls throughout the two small rooms. Dead bolt lock didn't work, Fan in bath didn't remove steam buildup at all, and smoke alarm outside bathroom door, went off due to steam, when showering. Toilet threatened to overflow every flush. Shower flashed hot and cold, and heater/AC unit cover fell off when dog waggeed it's tail. And shes not a Mastiff or St. Bernard for Pete's sake, not even a large dog! Then my husband moved the night stand, to find a plug for phone charger, and there was (not an exaduration) dust and filth an inch thick behind it, under, and on each side. No phone book, no take out/delivery menues, the only thing in all the drawers was a layer of tacky filth. The curtain rod was broken, so they didn't entirely cover the window. The towles seemed damp, and were dingy grey. But the very worst part.. I couldn't refuse the room!!! My back injury (and the very reason for being in Billings ) was preventing me from taking one more step, sitting in the car just five more minutes, Simply just sitting in a chair was beyond what I could stand. I had to lay down! I've stayed in Billings dozens of times, including the Riverside Motel, just a half a block down, and hundreds of other motels, in other cities, in my 52 years, and have never been so disgusted with lodging as I was with Roadway Inn, in Billings Montana. It was shocking how bad it actually was. We also sincerely believe that numerous guests staying in balcony rooms above us, were the kind of guests that rent rooms by the hour, which would explain why this hotel was such a dump! And what they charge for such deplorable rooms is abdolute robbery. And 15 dollars for pets is criminal. My dog needed a bath after being on tthat room and laying on that floor.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Narobrown, Owner at Rodeway Inn Billings, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Guest, we apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. However, your description does not match any of our rooms. We still wonder that why did not you request a room change or total refund at the spot or at least bring any issues to the attention of our staff.
We hope that you will give us another chance to serve your hospitality needs.

GM
RodewayInn
Billings MT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

I am going to start off by saying the hotel staff was very friendly. However the hotel is not good at all. The mattress are from like the 1980. I wouldn't even walk around with my shoes off. Too scary what could be on carpet. There was no wash clothes in the room. Only 14 television channels to choose from. Breakfast was not good. They were out of cups for drinks and very little food. The only part about breakfast that I liked was talking to the young lady working the front desk.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
White Sulphur Springs, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

this hotel is not what was pictured when i booked it. It was not clean and the bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned and the shower and tub were rusted.The hotel is in a very bad spot. It is not any where near the mall or any other activities around. It looked like it was run by a family and they had there kids running around all over the place. Had there kids in and out of rooms. The breakfast area was nothing like what was pictured it was very small not enough room for even one family to sit and have breakfast.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Red Lodge, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

We decided to stay at the Rodeway as my husband was coming in on a 10:29pm flight. Lobby was clean and welcoming. Staff helpful and friendly. Sied, was the owner and manager made me feel as I was visiting a family friend. Joe a staff member had a wonderful sense of humor. Room was spotless and well decorated. Bed was very comfortable. We got up too late for breakfast, but were offered coffee. Had to step around a staff member who was already mopping the lobby floor. The price was more than fair and will be staying there again.
Linda N.

Room Tip: We had room 8, very quiet. Didn't even hear a toilet flush!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

I got stranded and only had cash to rent room the owner worked with me and allowed my mom to call in and do a credit card over the phone. Most places aren't willing to work with you. To go even further he allowed me a 12 o clock check out. I am very grateful for this and I would come stay here again thank you

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Rodeway Inn Billings? Share your experiences!