“Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Billings
Helena, Montana, United States
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have to be honest my husband asked me to find an inexpensive place to stay in Billings so we could go visit some friends. I read a lot of the reviews on here and was a little worried. On arrival we walked into the lobby and there was a very fresh citrus smell. Very clean lobby. I had forgotten about the lack of elevator but it was not an issue; one flight of stairs and I got my exercise. The rooms were just the right size and the beds were more comfortable then we have ever experienced in the past. Tammie helped us a ton; for some reason I couldn't operate the key card and the door together. LOL. The only thing I would remind people to bring you own pillow. If you are a "picky pillow person" as my husband is then you will need to bring your own. I thought they were ok but he needs something a littler more firm. The continental breakfast was decent too. All in all nothing to complain about. Good travels everyone!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I recently stayed while visiting a loved one at the hospital. We called to check prices and the front desk staff was very helpful in answering all our questions. Once we arrived to check in, the staff was very friendly and made sure we were taken care of. Our children enjoyed playing in the pool and on the slides after our long day spent at the hospital. Rooms were clean, fitness room and pool were well kept, and the staff was exceptional.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Not very well kept up, charged extra for kids to go down slide!! Moldy tiles and floor was not very clean.Beds were hard and not the best at all. We left first thing next morning and went else where.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SARA V, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Andy & Jen,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review. We do appreciate your feedback. If you would of let us know we could of moved you to a different room and taking care of the situation. Please give us the chance to make it up to you.
Sara VanBoxel
Worland, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We called and made reservation with the front desk they were very helpful in assiting us and allowed us to have our dog bella stay with us and was very understanding that we would be arriving late in which they reassured me that there would be no problems. Our room was clean and our beds were comfortable.. My son and I really enjoyed the pool and slide.. My husband enjoyed the hot tub.. :) Our stay was very relaxing and enjoyable. Will plan to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Requesting near the pool is a plus
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SARA V, General Manager at Howard Johnson Billings, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Mike,
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us this review. We are happy you and belle enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Thanks,
Sara Vanboxel

Been to Howard Johnson Billings? Share your experiences!