“Recent Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Billings
Miles City
“Recent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed in this location before and look forward to it. I did notice this time the chlorine smell from the pool permiated the upstairs. A better ventilation system might be needed. My wife is a diabetic and the majority of the foods offered do not bode well with her diet. Other than that, the faciltiy was clean and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
HELENA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

First, check-in was okay - except one of the electronic keys didn't work, so had to go back to the front desk. Second, the room smelled musty/stuffy, so we had to turn on the air conditioning. Third, the wifi didn't work - there was barely a bar of signal in our room - 252. The plaster in the bathroom was crumbling behind the toilet/next to the tub. There was no hair conditioner provided - just shampoo that wasn't a conditioning shampoo. Then, the printer with the hotel computer for guests in the lobby didn't work and the desk staff didn't offer to help/try to fix it when it was reported. Then, we were "treated" to a loud performance by the people in room 250 in the middle of the night with the bed banging against the wall/moaning. Apples and oatmeal were the only gluten free offerings for breakfast. We both had a skimpy breakfast as a result. At check-out the older woman at the desk was very busy in an office and the younger one was busy visiting with friends, when the older one finally came out and told her we were standing there and to take care of us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Location was easy to get to and great service and friendly help.Breakfast with the different option for your meal and excellent coffee enjoyed the donuts.The overall outside looks from road was attractive and for parking was plenty as we were late coming back.

Room Tip: the rooms were great on the first floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel has very friendly and helpful staff. It is clean and reasonably priced. It could use a little updating in the sleeping rooms, but was fine. Nice pool and hot tubs! Great slide for the kids.

Room Tip: Go with a room with more than 1 queen bed in having space is important to you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgeley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Room was ok, alittle small. Bathroom looked newly painted but never touched up- had obvious places that needed the new paint. Front desk staff was not sure of any attractions in the Billings area (I think if you work in a hotel, you should know what is around the hotel to help the out of towners enjoy the area) and front desk put away an ok breakfast as my family and I were standing there. Also, waffle maker was turned off early then turned back on after someone said something about it. WiFi was down for three different people within 5 mintues of sitting in the lobby.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Below is my original review. After my review I was contacted by Howard Johnson and I am very happy about their response and I will give Howard Johnson hotels another chance in my future travels.
You can tell my these reviews for this hotel that people are either really happy or really disappointed. I think part of this hotel must have been a old hotel that was built on too. If you stay here I would inquire about this and ensure you get a room in the new part.
I am still surprised Howard Johnson corporate would allow this as I am sure they inspect these hotels before allowing there name to be used.

My Origional review:
“Look for another hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2012
people found this review helpful
We got into billings late(1 A.M.) and pulled into the first hotel we seen. they had a few rooms left and the worker at the front desk ran our card, and then told us it was a smoking room. the only other rooms left were suites. I asked her to reverse the charge and we would go look elsewhere. She said she couldn't do that and would have to call a manager in.. ughhh.... not good... she told me the rooms don’t' really smell of smoke so we took the room as we were tired. We got to the room and it smelled like a ash tray. the room was in terrible shape. Old carpet, shower curtain holder falling off, stuff on the wall(stains and food), big blotch of paint on the bathroom floor right in the door, caulking coming off the shower/tub. I have never seen a room this horrible and i travel all over the U.S.. I checked the bed and bedding and it was clean. I cannot believe i paid $180 dollars for this...
I will never stay at another Howard Johnson. I think this must have been a old hotel they bought and built on to, but this room should have never been rented out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Billings? Share your experiences!