“Not bad for a small town” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 65 things to do in Billings
Puyallup, Washington
“Not bad for a small town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I'm used to going to Wild Waves in Federal Way, WA and this is a miniature version of it minus the rides. I'm currently staying at the Big Horn Hotel attached to the Reef Water Park and yes the people staying here are rude and noisy but I experience that every time I'm in Montana to see family, just a different style of life from suburbia and Seattle. However, the staff has been very nice, most of the life guards are comatose (like most pools) and the place is very clean (no poop in the water!) There is a bar that we walk by on the way to the water park but it's been closed every time we've walked by, even during what's supposed to be their business hours. We've been going during the week days and it's been relatively quiet with other families with young children, it's been great so far for my 5, 7 and 13 year old. I would say older kids/teenagers may not be thrilled by the place, especially if they're used to having better. In the way of cost, I thought the Reef was part of the hotel, as in not an extra cost, I was wrong. They give hotel guest a discount at $10 ea. per day which I still think is a little high for the size of the water park and being guest at the hotel. I'm giving it a middle of the road rating because it's great for small town folk but not that exiting for city slickers.

Visited July 2011
bighornresort, General Manager at Reef Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for you comments, I agree we are not as large as a big city and do not have the customer base to support a larger facility, we do however want all of our customers to have fun while staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Laurel, mt
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I called inquiring on season passes for my family. We were told since the summer season is mostly over that they would make us a deal and sell the fall pass and allow us to use that during the summer and the fall. This was by a manager. Then the head manager said "No Way". They were very rude and we will not be returning. My family has 16 members in the immediate area. I hope they are happy with their choice.

Visited July 2011
Thank you for your response. We take comments these seriously. Our season passes are for a 3 month period only and do not spill over into surrounding months, that deters the whole idea of the passes. We have other options for someone looking for just one month of use such as 10 punch passes. I apologize for your experience and hope you will reconsider our park in the future.
Williston, North Dakota
“disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

this place was over priced rude and not worth a dime wouldnt recommend it to anyone at all...get new management and rules and might be worth going to.Didnt realize billings was this kind of place rude and over priced for nothing..

Visited June 2011
Thank you for your comments, I would like to address your issues but have no idea what they were. I apologize for your experience and hope you will consider us in the future.
“Poop in the pool”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

It was dirty-poop in the pool, clogged toilets. Expensive passes and concessions. Comatose lifeguards. The noise kept me awake though.

“Great family fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

This is one of the best places to go to when your in billings! Sure its a little expensive but your kids and you will love it! And everywhere you look there are lifegaurds so you know your child will be safe! And there is a consessions stand in the park too! So you don't have to leave the park to go eat.
There's things to do for all ages! Watersildes for teens and a huge play area for the kids!