“Good food, but very noisy.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
San Diego
“Good food, but very noisy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Our party of 12 for the most part really enjoyed the food. Steaks, ribs, Ahi tuna -- very good. Some sides -- mushrooms - really good. Squash pretty bad. Biggest problem: it is very, very noisy. On top of the din from the conversation, they played a radio: Why?? Server was great. Good coffee.
Don't go if you don't like a lot of noise.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Esparto, California
“delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

this was our 3rd rib and chops.It was 2 years since our last visit to Cody's and Sheridian"s Rib and chops and we were not disappointed. the food was just as delicious as we remembered. It was not our immagination! I tried the Buffalo rib eye and preferred it over beef. the service was excellent. My husband considers himself a "steak expert" and Ribs and chops is his all time favorite best place !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food is Good, But You Do Need To Speak Up!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I have been to the Rib & Chop house in two of their locations.
Cody Wyoming, and here in Billings. In Cody, the food and service was excellent, but the restaurant too small. Here in Billings, the restaurant is ample, but the wait staff needs more training! I ordered
a chili (cup) for a starter and it came with 1 pkg (2) crackers. I had to
speak up to get more. Steak dinners were cooked to perfection, but
once again I had to speak up to get a bottle of catsup. Wait staff should enquire "What else can I bring for you folks?" Nothing wrong
with the quality of the food--it's excellent! BUT the wait staff really do
diminish the dinning experience! They are NOT attentive enough, unless you are there with a large party making a big tab, and then
they are there in a second! Every diner should have this kind of service- no matter how large the party is.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Billings, MT
“The Staff is Blind and the food is so-so.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

When this place first opened, it was outstanding, today not so much. The service is very bad and he steaks are hit and miss. On time the meat will be great, then the next time it's like chewing on a Tony Lamma boot.

My final straw was last night when my wife and I couldn't get a beer while seated at the bar while eating our meal. It also took me 20 MINUTES to get my bill after be were done eating. I went in they at least twice a week at one point, but my last three experiences have been very bad. It's kind of like baseball, three strikes and you're out. I will never go back in there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
sherry, wisconsin
“JUST SUPER !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We were visiting a high school friend I had not seen in 50 years. She made the reservations. We were 15 minutes early on a Friday evening. They gave us a small privet room, quite and comfortable. My husband had the ribeye, it was to died for !, I had the halibet, good , but the mushroom stuffing, just super. Service couldn't had been better, with a smile and no rushing. Next time in Billings, dinner there !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere