“Best Vacation Destination ever - feels like going home each year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweet Grass (Dude) Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Big Timber
Sweet Grass (Dude) Ranch
The Carroccia Family, 460 Rein Lane, Big Timber, MT MT 59011   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Big Timber
San Mateo, California
“Best Vacation Destination ever - feels like going home each year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

My father first brought me along with him Sweet Grass Ranch in 1986, after he had been there the two years prior. We have not missed a year returning to this place I call Heaven on Earth! SGR is wonderful – you will enjoy the abundance of trails, wildlife and beautiful scenery. You can stay a week and never go to the same destination twice. If you are not a horse person, but enjoy hiking and fishing you will not be a bit disappointed either.

Room Tip: Cabins or the Main House - wonderful accomodations
  • Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mequon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Sweetgrass Ranch this past June. The stay was wonderful! Everyone in the Carroccia family goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and at home from the moment you first arrive. This is a working ranch; the family embraces you and lets you get involved as little or as much as you would like. The horses are great, the cattle drive was perhaps one of the most incredible days in my life, the food and fellowship in the lodge are exceptional, and the setting on the Sweetgrass River in Big Timber canyon is full of breathtaking beauty everywhere you go. We will be back with our grandkids!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
dublin, ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

I went to Sweetgrass Ranch a couple summers ago, and it was the best experience of my life. It was all about doing what I love best - riding horses all the time. There's no TV, one telephone in the main lodge, and it's set back in the middle of nowhere. The scenery is stunning. My experience cannot be described in words, and I would go back in a heartbeat if I weren't so busy all the time. It's a great place to relax and have fun. The people are always friendly and happy to help out with whatever you may need. It feels just like home in the sense that it's where you want to be everyday for the rest of your life. Granted, you have to love and appreciate horses, but even if you don't, this will make you fall in love with them. I don't know how to put it in words, but Sweetgrass Ranch was a priceless, amazing experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

We won a trip to the Crazy Mountain Ranch in Montana and it was by far one of the best places we have visited. If anyone ever gets the chance to visit this place they should. The staff was so nice and everyone done everything to make our stay the best ever.

Been to Sweet Grass (Dude) Ranch? Share your experiences!