“Great Service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Huntley Lodge

You added Huntley Lodge to your Saves list
Huntley Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Big Sky Resort Rd. (Huntley Lodge), Big Sky Resort, Big Sky, MT 59716   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Big Sky
Mandan, North Dakota
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Older Facility but doing a great job with service, housekeeping took a long time to get us into our room the first day, was after 5
Location is perfect
Keep working on room improvements doors are old
Meal at Chets was awesome
Breakfast was great and included with the room

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I think I paid the most for my loft room and mountain views during the absolute peak season that anyone could possibly dream of but I really had no choice and so I guess I am a little bitter as I write this review. For $425/night I would expect close to luxury lodging, not "hotel 6" accomodations. I realize that this is about as close as you can possibly come to the mountain if you are a skier and for some it may be worth it. As you can see from some of my pictures, the ski lift is right out the back door. But what you have to put up with for this convenience is just absurd. Old beds, old carpet, creaky floors, dimly lit hallways, paper-thin walls, outlets that don't work, bathroom doors that dont shut because they are warped, and furniture from a couple decades ago. Maybe someday I will try this place again, but I can for sure tell you it won't be soon.

Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here with the family in one of the loft rooms upstairs with mountain views. The location was great and most of the staff was nice and tried to help, but overall I would not stay here again. The facility is old and the rooms are not very well taken care of. Our experience with housekeeping was abysmal! At one point the front desk told us to go into one of the public restrooms in the hotel to take toilet paper from it because housekeeping was so horrible. Even when they did make up the room, it was barely touched and not a place you felt was clean and well cared for.

On the bright side, the breakfasts that came with the room were outstanding and the people helping us here were generally great! The pool and hot tub were great as well. Had a wonderful night in the Fondue Stube in the facility as well.

Big Sky Resort was AWESOME and this place is really convenient and fairly reasonable with specials, but it's time to either update it and get rid of it.

Philomath, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Huntley Lodge for three nights while I attended a conference. The scenery is beautiful...can only imagine how gorgeous it must be when there is snow on the ground. Our room was clean, although very dimly lit and there is no ventilation fan in the bathroom. The floors in the room and the hallway creak when you walk and the carpeting really should be replaced. Conference facilities were good. However, as it was the last week before the place shuts down for break before winter rush, we really found places to eat and shop very, very limited. We would highly recommend Chet's Bar & Grill (in the Lodge), however....excellent food each time we ate there. If we had the time, I'm sure heading out to Yellowstone would have been great...but with limited time after conferences, there was not enough to keep us occupied. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cascade, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The views are incredible and breathtaking. The staff are efficient, the only problem I have is there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom and the floors creak when you walk on them (both in the halls and in the rooms). This hotel is older than most but it is in a beautiful location surrounded on all sides by huge mountains.

The awesome scenery & service-friendly staff make up for an older facility - maybe that makes it quaint?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
annapolis, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We came for the long Labor Day weekend and they were mobbed with check ins. Short staffed for the number of people milling around. No one to park the car or help with bags which we had to drag up three big steps before we were on a level with elevators. The rooms were adequate, but dated, a tad frumpy. We were on the fourth floor, fortunately. Our friends were on the first floor and the room next door to them had four dogs in it (we were there to begin with because friends' daughter and spouse and dog were joining us and needed a place that allowed dogs). There was a music festival going on nearby and musicians and attendees were staying at the Huntley. Lots of noise on that first floor and our friends didn't get much sleep. Noise abatement is non existent.

The good: staff was super, friendly , helpful, cheerful. Went out of their way on many occasions. They were just stretched thin, I think. Labor Day is the end of summer and this is basically a ski area.

The pools and grounds were nice, and at least one of the pools was heated. There's a nice gift shop inside the Huntley.

We had a fantastic breakfast buffet one day and the next day (Labor Day), the buffet was not available. Our friends were not pleased with the regular breakfast offerings; we skipped it.

In all fairness, I can't give the Huntly a higher rating than three stars.

Room Tip: When you check in, ask to be away from noisy areas.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When I arrived on September 4th, it was like a ghost town - quiet with very litle going on. Disappointed to see a few places "closed for the summer," but I guess that is to be expected for a Winter resort. As another reviewer noted, the walls were thin - but the rooms were comfortable with a coffee maker and small fridge. Beautiful views and some nice hikes for those who just want to take in the awesomeness of Big Sky. Free wi-fi was great. Health club was small, but since it was pretty quiet, I never had to wait for a treadmill - whirlpool, sauna, and steam room where all in good condition. I'd like to see the resort in winter when everything is open and there are more activitiees going on - I hope they are able to keep up their friendly and prompt service with a crowd.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Huntley Lodge? Share your experiences!