“Drunk 20 something's” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Huntley Lodge

You added Huntley Lodge to your Saves list
Huntley Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Big Sky Resort Rd. (Huntley Lodge), Big Sky Resort, Big Sky, MT 59716   |
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Big Sky
Bozeman, Montana
“Drunk 20 something's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Great hotel! Very friendly staff,but using the pool is impossible! Over run with really drunk 20 something's.drinking beer in the pool and there must be at least 100 beer cans laying around.not good for our 11 year old.We are staying here right now.not sure,if we will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This summertime stay would have been heavenly except for the fact that I had neighbors in the hotel. I could hear every word and footstep in 3D, whether the guest was next to me or above me....If you're the one making the noise, it won't bother you. If you're trying to sleep, I guarantee you won't get any.

If the design team cared so little, why didn't they just throw up a sheet between rooms? At least then they would have avoided pretense.

I was travelling with a dog, which placed me in a specific wing which was inspected a moment before I was allowed to check in.

When I opened my room door for the first time, it looked like someone had sat down on one of the beds. Granted, this doesn't much matter but I irrationally walk into hotel rooms and hope they look like no one has ever stayed there before. I was irrationally disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Craig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Friendly staff, great food, excellent wine/beer selection, comfy bed and nice rooms

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Stay at the Huntley Lodge or many of the other properties available. Summer time fun includes rafting, biking, hiking, or relaxing. Stayed in a very spacious Huntley Lodge condo with full kitchen.

• Stayed June 2011
Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

If you want beautiful scenery close to lots of summer activities, Huntley Lodge can fill that need. However, when room rates were $269 + approximately $46 in room fees and taxes per night--I was a bit surprised at what we got for our money. I've stayed in a lot of hotels, and I don't squack at the cost of the room if I feel that it is worth it, but I seriously think that this room would have been overpriced at $120/nt. The reception area was beautiful and inviting, but once you headed to the guest rooms, it was like walking into another era. The hallway was just that--a hallway--nothing to make you feel welcome as you were walking to your room. It almost had an institutional feel.

The walls were so thin that when the room neighbor took a shower, I thought someone from my family was up really early showering in our room. We heard several conversations that were going on in the adjacent rooms. The "wet-bar" that is in the room seems like nothing more than the additional sink area in the room where they cut down part of the wall to open it to the rest of the room--a bad attempt at making the room look larger. The counter space for the "wet-bar" was non-existant. The fridge was a dorm-sized applicance that did not hold much of anything. I will say, however, that the fridge did keep the soda cans cold. The beds and pillows were comfortable, and there were extra pillows and blankets int he room for each bed.
The girl that checked us in didn't give us a good explanation of the facilities, so we weren't sure whether or not admission to the healthclub was included in the room rate or if there was an additionall cost. We never got that figured out. My key to the outdoor pools did not work, and I gave up on a swim--taking to the mountain instead for a vigoruous hike. The golf course was in great shape, and the views of Lone Mountain were spectacular.
There are options for dining, but be aware that they close early. We ate at Whiskey Jacks and had probably the worst burgers we have ever tasted. I can't even describe the flavor other than it tasted nothing like beef. The service was wonderful, however!
The doorman at the Huntley Lodge was so friendly and cheerful--made us feel welcome from arrival until we departed.
Parking is not close to the hotel, and I can imagine that during ski season it is a real fun adventure finding a spot to park with all the day skiiers in the area. There is a tunnel from a parking area to the front door of the hotel, but there is no elevator. Difficult to carry luggage up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here for a business meeting. The resort overall is great - the skiing looks like it would be fantastic and there were a wide array of seasonal activities available including ziplining and river rafting that I would have loved to have tried. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lobby spaces and other public spaces were very nice. The room I was in was a bit run down and could use a facelift, and the heater in the room (yes I needed a heater in June) was creaky and loud and made it a bit hard to sleep. Would love to come back sometime with the kids and do a family vacation, and maybe request a renovated room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Very close to skiing/village, nice pool, nice fireplace in lobby, and good free breakfasts were the pros.

But on the flip side...

Room was dirty. Carpet looked like it had not been cleaned in some time.

Hotel is noisy. Floors squeak, irritating at night. Plus you could hear neighbors.

Furniture is old.

No ski lockers, just a high-traffic storage room for equipment that did not seem safe. Attendant not really supervising it.

Parking is a bit of a walk in public lots for the ski hills.

Would not recommend this hotel. It is dingy. Spend a little more and stay elsewhere in the ski village if you want to ski Big Sky and thoroughly enjoy the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Huntley Lodge? Share your experiences!