“Tasty food, local cuisine.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 60 Restaurants in Big Sky
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tasty food, local cuisine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

When we arrived at 5:40pm, we were greeted and asked how they could help us. We indicated we would like to have dinner, and although there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot, the gentleman said, "well I can look to see if I can get you in"- the dining room opened at 6:00, and he said they had one spot open right at 6:00, or we could eat in the pub. We opted to eat in the pub.

Food was terrific. I had a grilled tuna wrap that was fantastic, and the fries had skins on them and were perfect-o! One of us had the Montana Wedge salad and loved it, two of us had the grilled chicken sandwhich which was also thumbs up! Kids menu was limited, but they were willing to bring her a side ceaser instead of fries, so that was nice.

Overall great food, but if you are looking for a spot in the dining room, you better make a reservation!!

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
docbigsky, Owner at Buck's T-4 Restaurant, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience in our Pub. One of our owners and several of our chefs and servers are from the Minneapolis area, so we're glad to know we're keeping the Minnesotans happy! We hand cut our fries daily from Montana russet potatoes, so it's nice to know it's appreciated. Thanks also for your feedback about our kids menu. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly, so I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have on improving our kids' selections.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Amazing service, wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

We arrived in the area before the official ski season. After reading the reviews, we decided to start our vacation at Buck's T-4. We made a reservation but it turned out to be unnecessary due to being off-season. The restaurant actually called us to let us know that the menu would be limited this week. How gracious!
We were greeted enthusiastically by our server, Jeanette, who gave us the limited pub menu and said the chef could also cook a steak for us since we had made advance reservations. Then she told us that if we came back and told the chef when we would be returning, he would be able to prepare anything we wanted off the main menu. Since we had heard such good things about their red deer, we arranged a time to go back.
The food we did have (fried chicken and beef tips with button mushrooms) were great: nice and hot, cooked just right. We tried some local beers and they were great, too.
We will be making our return trip tomorrow. If the deer (and duck) are as good as we expect, we may even go there again before we leave. This place is a gem.

London, United Kingdom
“Compliments to the Chef!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

Our dining experience at Buck's T4 Restaurant was simply sublime. The setting was cosy and lovely (a lovely fireplace and a log cabin feel) and the food was simply delicious and beautifully presented to boot. The bison melted in my mouth it was so good and the S'More dessert (twist on a favourite) was AMAZING! The chefs here (Chuck and Warren) are extremely good at what they do and clearly take great pride in their work. I was also impressed by the obvious ethical commitment to locally sourced, organic and sustainable foods. The wait staff had an excellent knowledge on this, and were also well-presented, friendly, helpful and generally great at their jobs. One other thing I should probably mention are the prices - we were shocked at how reasonable everything on the menu was!
Overall, our experience was fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone!

Madison, Wisconsin
“A Big Letdown”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

The reviews for Bucks had been very positive and our meal at 320 Ranch had been really good so we expected more of the same and went in with high expectations. We had a coupon for a free appetizer of either calamari or beef short ribs. We went with the calamari and it came with a tasty sweet chili sauce on it and the appetizer was very good and not the usual low tier appetizer you get with a coupon. Given the tasty appetizer our expectations were still running high but we were in for a big letdown. For an entrée I had the bison tenderloin with mashed potatoes, onion straws and spaghetti squash and my wife had the bison osso bucco (a special) with herb spaetzl and carrots. The tenderloin was low quality and was very fatty for tenderloin. The tenderloin was cooked medium rare like I asked but the outside texture was off, I’m not sure exactly how to describe it but it wasn’t good. The weirdest part about the steak was when I got away from the edges there was a very out of place pickle taste which we later figured out must have been dill. Given the fact that the dill flavor wasn’t on the whole steak and wasn’t mentioned on the menu it was almost like it was an accident. Dill on a steak is just bad. The mashed potatoes were exceedingly boring and bland and they should’ve been embarrassed to serve them. Luckily the other food wasn’t quite so bad, the onion rings were good enough and the squash was tasty. The osso bucco meat itself wasn’t as tender as it should’ve been and was a little dry but the sauce that was on it was excellent which helped tremendously. The spaetzl and carrots were also good. Atmosphere and service were both decent but not great. The have a good wine menu with reasonable wine prices and a large, good selection of wines by the glass. Our meal at Ranch 320 was much, much better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Shadow Hills, CA
“Incredible Meal, Friendly Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We celebrated my husband's birthday and had a wonderful time. From the moment we entered the restaurant the service was so friendly, everyone was so friendly. Buck's made us feel special. I ordered the Red Deer, which melted in my mouth it was so good. Everything about the dish was so so delicious. My husband ordered the ribeye steak with crab and bearnaise, he said it was one of the best steaks he's ever had. For dessert we shared the S'more please...and it was to die for good. I've never seen a brownie wrapped in phyllo dough, it was served warm with ice cream and presented beautifully. From the friendly service, to the great choices in wine, to the fabulous meal, it was a memorable experience for us both. I can't wait to come back to Big Sky, and when we do we'll be back to dine at Buck's T-4.