The hotel location is great - a 5-7 minute walk to the slope with the option for a shuttle bus if gear is too heavy. The hotel's bus does not come often, but you can take the Big Sky parking one for part of the way.
Kitchenette room had good appliances (convection stove & dishwasher) but pots and pans were pretty dirty and burnt up. These should be replaced. Hotel does provide free breakfast, but it's not made fresh on site (reheated in crock pots) so we preferred to make our own as we had the kitchenette. We did appreciate the flavored water and nice atmosphere of the dining/lounge room.
Our biggest issue was the difficulty with sleeping. Our room basically had no blinds (they were sheer), so light was always coming in. There should be real blinds on a room that is this expensive, plus with the Christmas tree outside there was no escape. On top of that sound comes in easily, whether from the outside or from other rooms in the hotel. Beds were also not very comfortable. After skiing everyday, you want a good nights sleep and it was hard to get it here.
We'd think about staying again if improvements are made, but for the immediate future would encourage others to price check with other properties before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located minutes from the Base Village area yet quiet and private, The Lodge at Big Sky is Big Sky's only private Ski In/Out resort located slope side in Big Sky Montana. We are the best value on the mountain. Come visit us and see what sets us apart from the others:) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Lodge at Big Sky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Big Sky Hotel Big Sky
- Hotel Big Sky
- The Lodge At Big Sky Montana