“Casual atmosphere , Friendly staff, Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Milwaukee
“Casual atmosphere , Friendly staff, Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting Big Sky for ten years. This was my first visit to this restaurant. It's opened less than two years ago. It's a bar atmosphere. staff was very attentive and friendly. The pulled pork and beef brisket was fantastic; tender and very flavorful. Homemade sauces were excellent. Great homemade French fries. Everyday happy hour 4-7. It's a bargain compared to other restaurants in Big Sky. The owner came out to ask us how we liked everything and thanked us for coming. We will definitely go back.

Visited December 2013

Reston, Manitoba
“Don't waste your time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Finding a good place to eat in Big Sky during September is hard to find, but don't settle for this place. We walked in to be greeted by someone who seemed like he was shocked to have customers, we asked to see a menu when he then told us about all the other places we could eat as he handed us a menu.....so you don't want people to eat at your establishment? Why be there? And my favorite on the menu was "Freedom Fries" "cooked to that good American tasty way" ....alright some of you might not remember the whole ordeal involving french fries a few years back and some restaurant going to different names, but seriously that was how long ago and you are in a community where you are getting tourists from various parts of the world, don't have offensive menu items deeming American better that the rest, these people are here enjoying the great country, don't be ignorant about it! Anyway...We did find a few good places eventually with the bad; I recommend Buck's T-4 restaurant or Olive B's Bistro. Also Ousel & Spur pizza was good, but might not be for everyone, very different pizza, I recommend trying it for sure, and also Blue Moon Bakery looked like another alright option although we didn't try it!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
“At least we have seen a bear!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

First off, the "so" famous brisket was not only pre-owen but even cold and gristly as the sweet fried potatoes. We don't know if it was the usual standard service of this pub but tonight was really bad. We wouldn't recommand this place even if you're starving to death. The only good point of the night was that we saw a bear right behind the pub!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Anderson W, Owner at The Broken Spoke, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
I am soooo sorry that your visit to the Broken Spoke was not up to our normal standards! If you could please give us a call, 406-995-2750, and leave a message with your phone number so that I may contact you and get some info about your visit. I would really like to know what day your visit was and figure out what happened! Again, I am very sorry and if you give me the chance I will make it up to you.
Anderson Wallace
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Good food, EXCELLENT service a great stop in Big Sky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had spent a full day touring Yellowstone and decided to stop at The Broken Spoke on the way back to our cabin in Big Sky. We read the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor and had a similar experience! The food was delicious and plentiful and was served to us quickly. The owner even came out to meet us! I definately recommend the brisket, delicious smoky flavor! My husband had the brats which were also excellent! Great place to stop while in Big Sky!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Buffalo Burger, yes please.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were so lucky to have found this place. A. We were very hungry. B. The food (buffalo burgers & a house salad) were awesome. C. The bartender/waiter recommended two hiking adventures that were amazing (Ousel Falls & Lava Lake)

Definitely recommend it!