“Clearly a local joint but really good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Big Sky
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Clearly a local joint but really good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The pulled pork and beef sliders were pretty good. It appeared to be a local joint that turns into a local bar scene at night...

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Find better brisket...I dare you!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry, but I did not this level of quality of BBQ in Big Sky, Montana. This brisket was absolutely, next to my dad's if course, the best I have ever had. I travel a lot. St. Louis, K.C., Tennessee, anywhere in Texas...you boys better come to Big Sky to see how it's done!! Great job!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Big Sky Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The BBQ was amazing and the service was great! The pulled pork sandwich was awesome and the ribs were also delicious. Katie was the waitress and she was very friendly and attentive. The owner, who also cooked the amazing BBQ came out to check on us and ask us if we enjoyed the food. A nice touch that showed they are interested in what the customers think. I highly recommend this eatery.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellaire, Texas, United States
“A Bit of Texas in Big Sky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We read a number of other reviews of the Broken Spoke (all of which were positive) but approached it with a huge amount of skepticism. We are from Texas and are snobs about our BBQ. That said, we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. The owner (at least I think he was the owner) who was also the bartender, cook, cashier, etc. managed to balance a number of things and do them all well. His BBQ was excellent so we inquired about where he learned his craft. Turns out he is from Houston as well and boy did he do this little town a great favor by bringing his skills to Montana. His customized smoker (located in the back parking lot) was built by a master griller in H-town and you won't find anything tastier outside the Lone Star state. He also knew his beers. Lots of local beers on tap and when I told him what I liked - he instantly knew what to bring me. Nice folks, beautiful outdoor deck, nice country tunes and killer food. Give this guy a try - you won't be disappointed! Also, I almost forgot to mention - the value was excellent. I have a family of 5 and we ate like kings, had drinks and appetizers and escaped for about $80. Good food and a great value.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“good service and great wings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The wings were very good.We had 2 types.The bartender was very nice also.Would definitely go back.Restaurant has aa nice patio also and is known for it's barbecue.

Visited July 2013