“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

North Salem, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed out in big sky for 4 days and just scheduled one trail ride which then turned into 2 more. So I did three trail rides in total. I am a profressional rider back home so I never expect much quality from touristy riding attractions but they had super quiet horses and then accommodated me with something a little more fresh the following days. So they have a good mix of horses for total novices or someone like myself who is a competitive hunter/jumper rider. The guides are all so nice and I had a great time. I'll say this much- when you see it from the side of the road you kind of get that "ehhhhh, really?!" sensation- as it is muddle paddocks with muddy ponies but they are all happy and healthy. All the horses were in good weight, did not seem over used, and still had a spark in their eye (unlike many guest ranch type places where the horses all seem so over used and lifeless). I would highly recommend it! I did have to pay double to go on private trail rides but even that was still very affordable! I rode for 4 hours and then two 2 hour trail rides and it was never a dull moment but due to the hilly terrain- if you are a new rider I would recommend their 1 hour ride. They are very accommodating!

Visited May 2013

Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Really great way to see the forrest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We chose a 3 hour package ($70ea) which was really great (we were pretty much beginners too). Jake took us up and over a mountain in the Gallatin State Forrest in the patchy snow which was really great. Highly recommended for all.

Visited April 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best part of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This was an amazing experience. The views are incredible, the horses are wonderful, and our guide was awesome! We definitely plan to be back and for a longer ride next time! Thanks!

Visited April 2013
lakeland
“Great guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Don't look for pretensions - horses do actually poop, and Jake is more of a trail guide than a tour guide, but he knows the land and the critters, and he'll find what he can to show you. You're going to get a well-led ride from a very competent local guide. The horses and tack will be well-matched to the riders, and they'll give you good value (for what is a *very* reasonable price). We rode in late winter, and conditions can be iffy - Jake let us decide if we wanted to go a little off the "green trail" in exchange for a chance at some good scenery - and we're glad we did. Highly recommended

Visited March 2013
Michigan
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun diversion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The crew at Jake's did an excellent job matching the rider experience, temperament, and physical size with their horse. We were asked if we wanted a tame or adventurous trip. We chose adventurous. Our 2.5 hour ride that took us along game trails to the top of a mountain ridge. Even though it was cloudy, the views were impressive. We also saw a moose and several elk.

The adventurous route is not for the faint of heart in winter. The snow depth was over 5 feet in areas, and sometimes the horses would suddenly sink to their belly (our legs).

Visited March 2013