“Best part of our trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Attractions in Big Sky
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
Attraction Details
4 attraction reviews
“Best part of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This was an amazing experience. The views are incredible, the horses are wonderful, and our guide was awesome! We definitely plan to be back and for a longer ride next time! Thanks!

Visited April 2013

lakeland
“Great guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Don't look for pretensions - horses do actually poop, and Jake is more of a trail guide than a tour guide, but he knows the land and the critters, and he'll find what he can to show you. You're going to get a well-led ride from a very competent local guide. The horses and tack will be well-matched to the riders, and they'll give you good value (for what is a *very* reasonable price). We rode in late winter, and conditions can be iffy - Jake let us decide if we wanted to go a little off the "green trail" in exchange for a chance at some good scenery - and we're glad we did. Highly recommended

Visited March 2013
Michigan
18 attraction reviews
“Fun diversion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The crew at Jake's did an excellent job matching the rider experience, temperament, and physical size with their horse. We were asked if we wanted a tame or adventurous trip. We chose adventurous. Our 2.5 hour ride that took us along game trails to the top of a mountain ridge. Even though it was cloudy, the views were impressive. We also saw a moose and several elk.

The adventurous route is not for the faint of heart in winter. The snow depth was over 5 feet in areas, and sometimes the horses would suddenly sink to their belly (our legs).

Visited March 2013
Gold Canyon, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Great Winter Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We love to ride and Jake's has good horses and guides. The trails take you to some of the best "Montana Experience" locations. We would do it again.

Visited December 2012
VA
35 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Scenery!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I give Jake’s an average rate because the place is a little run down and I have better rides from other ranches before. We arrived in Montana on Sunday and went for a ride on Monday. Originally, we wanted to do a ride and raft trip with another ranch; however, they had already closed their ranch from raft trips for the season. Therefore, they recommended Jake’s Horses! We arrived at Jake’s on time and they were ready for us. Two other young ladies went with us from Texas. We went for an hour ride! The actual time there ends up being a little over an hour because they have to get the horses ready and stuff. One of the helpers came after we arrived and he looked really ruff and even spoke ruff. Our guide was good; however, never explained where we were and what we were looking at. But the scenery is breath taking, if you can stay on your horse or at least keep from falling off. I was given an older looking horse whose name was Ted. Once on the trail all he wanted to do was gallop. I had not ridden for nearly 3-4 years; therefore, I had somewhat of a hard time just trying to hold on. I know how to ride and this horse had a mind of its own. My friend was behind me and saw what I was going through. At the end of our ride we paid and tipped very well. Just beware of Ted, the horse! The next day I could hardly walk and sitting down was painful. I’ve been on many rides before and had never experienced this before. Overall, if you do not have another place to go horseback riding in The Big Sky area then choose Jake’s Horses.

Visited October 2012