“Great Winter Ride” 4 of 5 stars

Gold Canyon, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Great Winter Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We love to ride and Jake's has good horses and guides. The trails take you to some of the best "Montana Experience" locations. We would do it again.

Visited December 2012

VA
35 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Scenery!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I give Jake’s an average rate because the place is a little run down and I have better rides from other ranches before. We arrived in Montana on Sunday and went for a ride on Monday. Originally, we wanted to do a ride and raft trip with another ranch; however, they had already closed their ranch from raft trips for the season. Therefore, they recommended Jake’s Horses! We arrived at Jake’s on time and they were ready for us. Two other young ladies went with us from Texas. We went for an hour ride! The actual time there ends up being a little over an hour because they have to get the horses ready and stuff. One of the helpers came after we arrived and he looked really ruff and even spoke ruff. Our guide was good; however, never explained where we were and what we were looking at. But the scenery is breath taking, if you can stay on your horse or at least keep from falling off. I was given an older looking horse whose name was Ted. Once on the trail all he wanted to do was gallop. I had not ridden for nearly 3-4 years; therefore, I had somewhat of a hard time just trying to hold on. I know how to ride and this horse had a mind of its own. My friend was behind me and saw what I was going through. At the end of our ride we paid and tipped very well. Just beware of Ted, the horse! The next day I could hardly walk and sitting down was painful. I’ve been on many rides before and had never experienced this before. Overall, if you do not have another place to go horseback riding in The Big Sky area then choose Jake’s Horses.

Visited October 2012
Palm Harbor
11 attraction reviews
“Great Ride Great Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We took a 1 1/2 hour ride with Anna. She was so pleasant and worked hard to make sure we were happy. The horses were tame and well looked after. We had a very inexperienced rider with us who was scared and our "wrangler" was very patient with him. The views were wonderful. We went back to pet the new borns several times in the evenings. Highly recommend them.

Visited August 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“2 Hour Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great experience! Julie, the wrangler was great and the horses were well behaved. We took the 2 hour ride and should have gone for the half day. Scenery was awesome as was the rest of our group. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2012
Cleveland
“Friendly guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Lovely view, helpful and friendly guide. Not at all pretentious.

Visited June 2012