“Good Food lacks ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 60 restaurants in Big Sky
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Good Food lacks ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I happy to see a restaurant close to our hotel with very good food.
I had the carrot and ginger soup and the Elk osso bucco. The entree was very good.
My husband had a fish which was also very good. They have several bison entrees as well. Many people said that we really were going to like the place and food. I guess I expected more of the place with the atmosphere than it delivered. They were busy and we had to wait for a while for our check.
I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
MONTANA
“Average ..Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We live in Big Sky and had yet to give this place a try. We ordered the mussels to start, they were tough & seemed not that fresh. I had the trout entree which was fine but nothing over the top. Wife had the pheasant pasta entree and was also nothing special. Service was prompt and great even with a full house. Overall for the price and menu options there are a few other comparable restaurants in town I would rank above this.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Loved the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Sometimes, you can best judge a restaurant by how they react when something doesn't work.

We were on a steak kick - filets all around. 3 were done prefectly, 1 was horribly overcooked. The waitress responded quickly, the owner stopped by and we had a replacement as quick as I could have imagined. The Cabin was conviently located to the Summitt and the other hotels in Big Sky and I would definitely eat there again.

Visited January 2013
“Get the Brie appetizer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great bison filets, elk, and petite filets, but the highlight of our meal was the delicious Brie appetizer. It was so good, we almost ordered a second one. Attentive staff with good service.

New York City, New York
“Descent food but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good selection of game meat, expensive for the quality but convenient if you are staying in the mountain village. Expect $75+ per person.

• Visited December 2012