We spent a week at Loan Mountain Ranch with our son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. It was beautiful, clean and well managed. Any activity we wanted in the mountains was available to us. The staff was the best. Always going out of their way to make sure we were having a good time. The horseback riding was tailored to our different abilities and by the end of the week we were all feeling comfortable on the beautiful trails with experienced guides. Our 11 year old granddaughter fell in love with her horse. There was archery, a ropes course & fly fishing, so something for everyone. We stayed in Ridge Top Lodge which was outstanding, roomy and very comfortable. Located high above the ranch with views from balconies & large windows. The food was exceptional with lots of seafood, salads & fresh vegetables & homemade soups which made the girls happy and more hearty food for the guys or anyone who wanted it. Great desserts & lots of fresh fruit. We hiked to beautiful falls, Kids participated in Organized Kids Activities when they wanted company or did things with the family if they preferred that. We all met nice people and the kids made new friends.
We all highly recommend Lone Mountain.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Big Sky, Montana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic summer and winter guest ranch located in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. The Ranch is a member of the National and Montana Dude Ranchers’ Associations, an ORVIS Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and it was voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America. While the Ranch primarily hosts week-long stay guests for an all-inclusive vacation, visitors to the Big Sky area are also welcome for half and full day outdoor adventures such as fly fishing, horseback riding and tours of Yellowstone National Park in the summer and over 85 km of Nordic Skiing and 20 km of snowshoeing trails, Ski lessons, Guided Ski and Snowshoe Tours and Yellowstone National Park tours in the winter. Our dining room is also open to area visitors and residents for Sunday Brunch and dinner in The Dining Room Tuesday-Fridays in the summer and for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Sleigh Ride Dinner in the winter. ... more less