We've visited LMR every year for 10 years, but our visit this year was a big disappointment. The skiing was fabulous. The trails are well maintained and the Nordic staff is quite helpful. One cabin was clean and nice. But the food, oh the food, was just not what it used to be or what they portray it to be. Breakfast varied between two buffet offerings, both featuring dried out scrambled eggs and soggy potatoes. The lunch menu was IDENTICAL ever day of the week. Some items on the lunch soup, salad, dessert bar changed, but not many. And while the dinner food quality was good, we are pescatarian (vegetarian plus fish/seafood) and had communicated that ahead of time, as always. In previous years, we have never had a problem with good dinner options, but this year the exact same vegetarian entree was on the menu the entire week and three nights, they ran out of the fish entree. When I read on their website that they accommodate dietary restrictions with personal attention, I want to make potential guests aware that is not true.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Big Sky, Montana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic summer and winter guest ranch located in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. The Ranch is a member of the National and Montana Dude Ranchers’ Associations, an ORVIS Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and it was voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America. While the Ranch primarily hosts week-long stay guests for an all-inclusive vacation, visitors to the Big Sky area are also welcome for half and full day outdoor adventures such as fly fishing, horseback riding and tours of Yellowstone National Park in the summer and over 85 km of Nordic Skiing and 20 km of snowshoeing trails, Ski lessons, Guided Ski and Snowshoe Tours and Yellowstone National Park tours in the winter. Our dining room is also open to area visitors and residents for Sunday Brunch and dinner in The Dining Room Tuesday-Fridays in the summer and for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Sleigh Ride Dinner in the winter. ... more less