We visited Lone Mountain Ranch. This was our 2nd dude ranch vacation. We enjoyed the location immensely. There are so many activities: horse back riding, fly fishing, white water rafting, hiking, mountain biking, etc. The food was always very good. But we are always comparing this to our visit dude ranch: Lost Valley. Perhaps we were a bit spoiled by our first experience. If this is your first dude ranch trip, you'll love it. But we preferred the treatment and the relationship we had with the staff at Lost Valley in Colorado. Good news: the new General Manager is the former GM of Lost Valley, so we're expecting great things from Bob in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic year-round guest ranch located in Big Sky, Montana, only 45 minutes from Bozeman and on the doorstep of Yellowstone Park and Big Sky Resort. Lone Mountain Ranch is an ORVIS endorsed lodge, a member of the National Dude Ranchers' Association, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and once voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America. Guests of Lone Mountain have an incredible array of options from which to choose; phenomenal cabin lodging, private homes, "Mountain Bistro" dining, guided fly fishing, horseback riding, tours of Yellowstone National Park, downhill skiing and dnowboarding at Big Sky Resort, over 85 km of Nordic Skiing, and much more. Our dining room and saloon is open to the public for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not to be forgotten, our sleigh ride dinner in the winter season is often cited as one of the best in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Lone Mountain Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Big Sky, Montana