My family of four, two girls 12 and 8, stayed at Lone Mountain for a week in August. It was excellent! From day one to day seven our experience was superb. The people who work there stand out the most. From Tiny to Meaghen, Lisa Marie to Andrea, all were friendly, helpful and a pleasure to be with. Our girls enjoyed the kids OYA activities, surprising even themselves. We rode almost every day, fished, ziplined, canoed, hiked, floated the Madison River, and even had time to relax. Don't get me wrong, there were a few minor glitches (dinner one night was late and unusually average, sometimes the "extra" costs are surprising), but nothing that Bob and Karen won't have worked out soon. Please go and enjoy and forget the cost -- it is worth it. The best measure I can give you is how hard our girls cried when we had to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic year-round guest ranch located in Big Sky, Montana, only 45 minutes from Bozeman and on the doorstep of Yellowstone Park and Big Sky Resort. Lone Mountain Ranch is an ORVIS endorsed lodge, a member of the National Dude Ranchers' Association, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and once voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America. Guests of Lone Mountain have an incredible array of options from which to choose; phenomenal cabin lodging, private homes, "Mountain Bistro" dining, guided fly fishing, horseback riding, tours of Yellowstone National Park, downhill skiing and dnowboarding at Big Sky Resort, over 85 km of Nordic Skiing, and much more. Our dining room and saloon is open to the public for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not to be forgotten, our sleigh ride dinner in the winter season is often cited as one of the best in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Lone Mountain Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Big Sky, Montana