I spent a week at Lone Mountain Ranch for the second time. As a 20 year old architecture student and overall city lover coming to LMR with my family seemed a little scary. I am not exactly the most adventurous outdoorsy person and had gone 4 years prior as an angsty teenager (I actually did enjoy myself too on that vacation even though I opted out of the youth program and only participated in horseback riding). This time I embraced LMR fulling. I went mountain biking, tons of horseback riding, zip-lining, high ropes course, hiking, yoga, yellowstone day trip, and fly-fishing. I had an absolute blast. The staff at LMR caters to your every need and will make new activities to fit with your schedule if you request! The ranch had recently changed managers and the new couple who was managing the resort are absolutely delightful. The wife, Karen, walked around breakfast, lunch, and dinner pouring water and talking about what we were doing that day. She was so hospitable and sweet. The food is phenomenal. They have a basic menu for the week with a few specials each day. The chefs will cook food specially for you if you have a request! They will make things specially to your dietary needs. The horseback riding was wonderful. They try and keep you with one horse for the whole week so you "bond". If you are comfortable and can handle 6 hours on a horse do a lunch ride! They take you to the most amazing places. All the staff is amazing and will help you in any way. Our group was particularly taken by the naturalist Andrea who knew so many things and was so friendly we even invited her to dinner one night at LMR. If you happen to go there, ask her about her dog Darwin! She might let you meet him! I fully recommend going to Lone Mountain Ranch. They will make anything happen if you ask. They are all incredibly friendly and the Lodges are beautiful and rustic. My family will definitely be coming back in future years. Everything is A+!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic year-round guest ranch located in Big Sky, Montana, only 45 minutes from Bozeman and on the doorstep of Yellowstone Park and Big Sky Resort. Lone Mountain Ranch is an ORVIS endorsed lodge, a member of the National Dude Ranchers' Association, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and once voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America. Guests of Lone Mountain have an incredible array of options from which to choose; phenomenal cabin lodging, private homes, "Mountain Bistro" dining, guided fly fishing, horseback riding, tours of Yellowstone National Park, downhill skiing and dnowboarding at Big Sky Resort, over 85 km of Nordic Skiing, and much more. Our dining room and saloon is open to the public for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not to be forgotten, our sleigh ride dinner in the winter season is often cited as one of the best in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Lone Mountain Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Big Sky, Montana