There were 5 adults and 3 childrren---my husband flyfished all week with a wonderful guide. The grandchildren could not believe the OYA (youth activities) available, from the ropes course, archery, and lots of riding. The highpoint of the week was the kids' rodeo on Sat. What the wranglers managed to put together with the kids was truly amazing! The 5 year old could participate and did not seem to mind that her horse was being led. The 13 year old did a back-packing overnight! The trip to Yellowstone Park was wonderful...lots of bison, some elk and a bear!! The adults loved the riding, hiking and canoeing. Nikki's massages were very popular with all of us. It was our third trip, but first one with the whole family. Before, we went for the fishing. Food was great, and I continue to love the cabins. The staff went out of their way for everyone...especially the dining staff, for our four vegetarians.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Big Sky, Montana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic summer and winter guest ranch located in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. The Ranch is a member of the National and Montana Dude Ranchers’ Associations, an ORVIS Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and it was voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America. While the Ranch primarily hosts week-long stay guests for an all-inclusive vacation, visitors to the Big Sky area are also welcome for half and full day outdoor adventures such as fly fishing, horseback riding and tours of Yellowstone National Park in the summer and over 85 km of Nordic Skiing and 20 km of snowshoeing trails, Ski lessons, Guided Ski and Snowshoe Tours and Yellowstone National Park tours in the winter. Our dining room is also open to area visitors and residents for Sunday Brunch and dinner in The Dining Room Tuesday-Fridays in the summer and for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Sleigh Ride Dinner in the winter. ... more less