“Amazing Family Gathering! Something for Everyone!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lone Mountain Guest Ranch

You added Lone Mountain Guest Ranch to your Saves list
Lone Mountain Guest Ranch
750 Lone Mountain Ranch Road, Big Sky, MT 59716   |
“Amazing Family Gathering! Something for Everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

There were 5 adults and 3 childrren---my husband flyfished all week with a wonderful guide. The grandchildren could not believe the OYA (youth activities) available, from the ropes course, archery, and lots of riding. The highpoint of the week was the kids' rodeo on Sat. What the wranglers managed to put together with the kids was truly amazing! The 5 year old could participate and did not seem to mind that her horse was being led. The 13 year old did a back-packing overnight! The trip to Yellowstone Park was wonderful...lots of bison, some elk and a bear!! The adults loved the riding, hiking and canoeing. Nikki's massages were very popular with all of us. It was our third trip, but first one with the whole family. Before, we went for the fishing. Food was great, and I continue to love the cabins. The staff went out of their way for everyone...especially the dining staff, for our four vegetarians.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I spent a week at the ranch snowshoeing in late February 2012; it was incredible! I had mailed my equipment to the ranch prior to my arrival; it was waiting for me in my cabin. On my departure, I left it in my cabin and they mailed it back to my home. My cabin (Bald Eagle) was rustic, very comfortable and very welcoming. I arrived at the ranch late and was escorted to my cabin where the fireplace had been prepped for me with firewood and fire starter. The dining room and bar were equally rustic, comfortable and well-appointed. Meals were incredible...trout, bison, elk, local beef, etc...! If I was going to be out all day, I was able to pack a lunch at breakfast. The staff was very accommodating and genuine. I cannot imagine it getting any better than this.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The staff could not be better. From the General Manager to the Wranglers they are all exceptional people who do an exceptional job making a guests stay a wonderful experience. This was our first stay at Lone Mtn. Ranch, but it will not be our last. Also, the children's program, OYA, is OUTSTANDING! Our children all cried all the way to Bozeman when they had to leave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Lone Mountain Ranch has been an escape for 3 generations of our family. First visited by my parents who cross-country skied for many winters, my own family, including our two young (and active) boys have skied both at the great trails through the mountains around the Ranch, in Yellowstone Park, and downhilled/snowboarded at nearby Big Sky Resort. The food has always been wonderful, the western saloon and music are great and the sleigh-ride up to the North Fork cabin is a must. This June, my 10-year old and I came for a summer visit and had a blast this time as well. White water rafting, trail rides, rope course, zip line at Big Sky and fly fishing. The cabins were surprisingly cool in the early summer heat. Highly recommended for families and for couples too. Winter and Summer activities for the kids, when they need a break from the parents (or vice versa) are numerous and fun – great staff.

Room Tip: Depends on how much exercise you want. Doug Fir and the Hilltop are a 5 minute walk from the main l...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We have just returned from our 15th year at LMR. We originally came for the snow and the best cross country ski trails and SNOW anywhere. Now LMR continues to offer great reliable snow conditions and trails, but in addition, gourmet meals cooked to your liking and a welcoming environment that encourages conversation. There is nothing that the friendly, competent staff will not do for a guest. You are made to feel like a member of the family. Speaking of families, our adult son and his wife often join us here enjoying the skiing and companionship of the guests. While we do not take advantage of the nearby down hill ski area (Big Sky), it is easy to get to and totally without crowds. Yellowstone and back country ski tours are another high light of the vacation. Awe inspiring does not do credit to cross country skiing up to Old Faithful and having this natural wonder almost to yourself.

Room Tip: Rooms are individual log cabins nestled in the woods, some duplexes and some with sitting areas,many...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Amazing restaurant and the room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. The complementary breakfast was much better than most hotels and the staff was very friendly.

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We just got back from our fifth year cross country skiing at Lone Mountain Ranch. With a number of small changes this year, it is better than ever. We have skied at many of the top cross country resorts in the U.S. and Canada, and Lone Mountain is our favorite by far, with its truly outstanding trail system, excellent food, and comfortable cabins. Many of the guests return year after year, and the atmosphere is friendly and inclusive.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lone Mountain Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!