I spent a week at the ranch snowshoeing in late February 2012; it was incredible! I had mailed my equipment to the ranch prior to my arrival; it was waiting for me in my cabin. On my departure, I left it in my cabin and they mailed it back to my home. My cabin (Bald Eagle) was rustic, very comfortable and very welcoming. I arrived at the ranch late and was escorted to my cabin where the fireplace had been prepped for me with firewood and fire starter. The dining room and bar were equally rustic, comfortable and well-appointed. Meals were incredible...trout, bison, elk, local beef, etc...! If I was going to be out all day, I was able to pack a lunch at breakfast. The staff was very accommodating and genuine. I cannot imagine it getting any better than this.
- Also Known As:
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Hotel Big Sky
- Lone Mountain Guest Ranch Big Sky, Montana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic summer and winter guest ranch located in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. The Ranch is a member of the National and Montana Dude Ranchers’ Associations, an ORVIS Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge, listed on the National Register of Historic Places and it was voted #1 Nordic Ski Resort in North America. While the Ranch primarily hosts week-long stay guests for an all-inclusive vacation, visitors to the Big Sky area are also welcome for half and full day outdoor adventures such as fly fishing, horseback riding and tours of Yellowstone National Park in the summer and over 85 km of Nordic Skiing and 20 km of snowshoeing trails, Ski lessons, Guided Ski and Snowshoe Tours and Yellowstone National Park tours in the winter. Our dining room is also open to area visitors and residents for Sunday Brunch and dinner in The Dining Room Tuesday-Fridays in the summer and for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Sleigh Ride Dinner in the winter. ... more less