“Great mom & son retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Village Center Studio Suites

Village Center Studio Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Big Sky
Village Center Studio Suites
You added Village Center Studio Suites to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Low Dog Road, Big Sky, MT 59716   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Big Sky
Orlando, Florida
“Great mom & son retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My 13 year old son and I have stayed here a few times and love its convenience to slopes, quality rooms/furnishings and prompt and attentive staff (from sister property next door). We like that it is more like a condo than a hotel. There is complimentary laundry facilities on every floor, heated spa right outside by the slopes, fireplaces and the beds are very comfortable - and I consider myself fairly picky when it comes to accommodations. Of all the choices in the Big Sky area, and I've been going for seven years, Village Center is my favorite because we love to ski and we like to be there right when the slopes open and don't come in til they close. We watch movies and order in from restaurants close by or eat out at the many great places that are all very convenient. Love this place!

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are awesome, especially in the morning watching the sun hit Lone Mountain and co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Boyne resorts has a quirky obsession with Murphy beds, and in the case of Village Center, they've got it right. Most of the rooms here are studios with a queen bed that folds up into the wall out of the way during the day. The finish and furnishings are very high quality - lots of wood, stone, and tile for the finish matched up with plush, western-style furniture. Voluminous storage and plenty of power outlets. Even the wifi coverage is complete and fast.
Solidly built, the rooms are nice and quiet - you won't hear your neighbors much at all. Views are either of the village or up the slopes to Lone Peak - scenic on either side.
My kitchen on the fourth level was fully equipped other than lacking a stove. Being at the center of the main base, there were enough restaurants and fast food places.
Village Center had no dedicated staff when I was there, but the crew at the Huntley next door provides great, friendly, quick service.
For skiers, Explorer lift is 100 feet out the back door of the lodge, with the Ramcharger and Swift-Current high speed quads a two-minute walk or quick skate around the corner.

Room Tip: Most 2nd level rooms have terraces - on the slope side you can ski in/out directly from your room. 3...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

If u want to injoy in ur vecation with wildlife activities and skiing then this will b the right choice. im really enjoying with my family with our kid. they also give you one day for kid skiing acitivity for free. Wifi and breakfast are also free here.

• Stayed March 2013
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Although it is touted as ski in ski out... It is not. You can certainly ski in but must hike up hill a bit to actually be able to ski to the lifts... With that said, the place is excellent! Very nice rooms... We stayed in a ski suite with a queen Murphy bed... Each night the staff comes by to do a turn down service, very nice touch....

I would agree with a previous review, in that they hot tub is as fat away from the door that out could possibly be placed... Actually a deterrent to us using it....

I would personally recommend staying over at Moonlight Basin, at their real ski in out hotel!

Enjoy, hope this helps!

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Would they place the hot tub at the absolute maximum distance from the door? Whoever did that simply did not use their heads at all. It's very cold in Montana and a long walk after stepping out of a hot tub.... Kinda stinks!

I've made several trips to big sky and have stayed at the summit, Shoshone, the village center and a cabin on cowboy heaven. Hands down cowboy heaven is the way to go. Private, full kitchen, ski in/ out ( actually I'd say they're all skin In/out except Shoshone) great beds, super nice. Of course it's also the most expensive.

Next I'd stay at the summit. They have great amenities. The hot tub is the size of a swimming pool and you can enter/exit from the INSIDE! That is huge. The room I had also had a FULL kitchen, so I could make my own breakfast and lunch. Very convenient. They also have an outside ski/pole storage facility which saves you from having to schlep your skis around. That's super nice!

The village center is nice ... But.

The walls are too thin. The first night I was here you could hear everything around you... Above, below, whatever. It's quieter now as this place is deserted (end of jan). While there is no stove there is a fridge, coffee maker and sink. They provided me with breakfast coupons ---which is excellent. I'd stay here again but would probably stay at the summit given s choice. On the bright side you can ski right up to the entrance, take off your skis and hit the elevator.

Anyone if these three is s good choice.

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a good deal for us, as we were able to ski for free with our Colorado ski passes. It is truly slopeside - in fact I even popped back into our room for lunch each day. Very nice, very comfortable (and don't be worried by the murphy bed - it's very comfortable), and had a nice bathroom. I don't know if all rooms overlook the slopes, but we had a wonderful view of lone peak from our room. The only downside is that you do hear the groomers outside.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite at Village Center March 10-17. First of all, I want to commend Denise at the Shoshone desk, and Madeline, the manager, for making our trip better than I could have imagined. Madeline went above and beyond, and customer service gets 5 stars! It was a wonderful week. The staff was very helpful. The room was fabulous. I loved that I could slide open the door and ski directly to the lifts! The view of the Lone Peak was beautiful. I'm already making plans to go next year! I just hope too many people don't find out about this well kept secret.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business