“$40 motel at best.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Plains
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“$40 motel at best.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Feel I paid about $20 more than it was worth! Musty smell in lobby and room. Outdated, needs remodeled with janky fixtures. Breakfast was 6 to 9, not 7 to 10 as posted in lobby. They try to get extra charges, like charging for safe I explained I would not use as I checked in. Loud heavy doors slamming all night and located by a busy train yard. Booked via Priceline as an express deal, will rethink next time. Visiting relatives Mountain Grove about 40 minutes away, but booked here because of bad Mountain Grove motel reviews. Do yourself a favor and book either the Comfort Inn in Willow Springs($85) or get a great deal in Springfield (drive an hour) for. $60. Not sure how this was considered a 2 star hotel?

• Stayed February 2013
SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear kgbnfx, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay here. We are always updating our hotel. new beds, pillows, carpet and more every year. Our breakfast durring the week is 6am -9pm and 7am-10am on weekends as this is clearly posted. We also make our safe fee optional as we realize not everyone takes advantage of this feature. By booking at Priceline, you are not charged this fee. I apologize for the noise and yes West Plains does have trains that pass through town occationally and we can not control the time. I was glad you were able to take advantage of Priceline's 25% last minute discount. Please consider another stay as we welcome your return. Lawrence Thompson General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
MOUNTAIN GROVE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Overall, the accommodations were good, especially considering the reasonable cost. However, as a business traveler, your wi-fi seriously needs to be upgraded. I will not stay at your hotel again because I could not do what I needed to do on my computer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear William T. Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the value we offer. I apologize for your issue with the internet and would like to let you know that we are upgrading it next week. As with any public internet, your speed depends on the number of people logged on with you. We hope the upgrade will help this situation. Please return and see us again. Lawrence Thompson General Manager
Kennett, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I didn't expect much from this hotel since it is low budget and I usually stay at Holiday Inn or one of the Hiltons. I had to spend a couple of days in West Plains and wanted to take my little dog with me, however, so Super 8 it was.
First off, it is very easy to find which is important to me. The lobby was nicely furnished and very clean and, perhaps more importantly, the desk clerk had a big smile on her face and gave a cheery "hello, how can I help you?".
My room was comfortable and clean and located at the end of the first floor hallway just a few steps from my car. The walls are thin and I could hear people in the hallway occasionally. This was not much of a problem but would have been if there had been a noisy child close by.
I did not go to the breakfast so cannot comment on that. The dining area was very clean however. Coffee is available 24/7 and was quite good. There are coffee makers in the rooms as well
My TV was being a little stubborn because of the settings the previous guest had left on it and when I asked for directions to fix it, the desk clerk offered to come to my room and fix it herself. This is service above and beyond. There is a DVD in the room and several radio stations are available on the TV.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend and I would stay there again. Another name brand hotel in town is over $70 more a night and the experience was about the same.

Room Tip: 126 & 127 are just inside the back door, just a few steps from parking. Great for walking your...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mensamule, We all appreciate your comments about your recent stay. We were happy to hear that your accomidations for you and your dog worked well. On your next visit, please take time to enjoy our new Super Start Breakfast offerings. We hope to see you again soon. Lawrence thompson General Manager
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean, had all the necessities, and allowed pets. The only negative is that if you are a light sleeper id bring ear plugs, the walls were thin so you could hear alot of the standard noises (doors closing, suit cases rolling by).

• Stayed December 2012
SuperGM3537, General Manager at Super 8 West Plains, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear KatyKat33, Thank You for your comments. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay along with your pet. We welcome you to return again on your next visit to West plains. Thank You Lawrence thompson General manager

Been to Super 8 West Plains? Share your experiences!